importing into the uk

joshcowin
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ive been looking on hm revenue and customs and when you import a parcel into the uk you get custom charged and taxed.but if they (airsoft supplier) writes or declares the package as a gift you dont have to pay any custom charges whatsoever.this could be good for such people as ckinnerly.what do you think

would it not also be illegal.. and if your going down that route would it not make sense for them to say it costs less than it really did. although they must have ways of finding things like that out else everyone would be doing it

• Supporters
Tax and vat are only overlooked if it is a gift with a value under £18.

Precisely.

WGC and UnCo offer certain services that can be of assistance, but I won't go in to any more details because it is against the law. If people choose to take advantage of said services, that's up to them.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Declaring something as a gift when it isn't just sounds like a way of getting into trouble, although I've heard of it happening.

I've also heard of various businesses stating that the item is a warranty return or something along those lines which has bypassed any charges on the assumption it has already been through once and then back out the country (or in the bin) due to failure.

Archived