CODsofters

JMaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Some kid came into Red 1 airsoft one day (whilst I looked after the shop when the owner went to the toilet) and preceeded to name all the guns after COD guns and talk about which had higher stats. After telling him that no that SIG552 wasn't an ACR and calling the the ACR the Masada the kid that went mental about how he knew every gun from COD and how I should learn more about guns.. :rolleyes:

On the skirmish field I've constantly been ordered about by CODsofters (who I ignore) then laugh when their too scared to go through a door and clear a room. :lol:

thats normally what you will see on a UK barracks, on operation, soilders normally keep their weapon with them at all times. marking the rifle just lets others know who's rifle it is, most soilders get used to how their gun operates,

Every weapon has a 'butt number' as well as a rifle number(which is more like a code and stamped into several parts of the weapon) both of which are used by the armourer and the soldier for the purposes of knowing which weapon is signed out to who. These are ussually marked with paint.

By scraping your initials into the weapon you scrape off the coating which stops rust. I think you can get AGAI'd for doing something like that to any kit in the british army, and even if youre on operations, you will come back and eventually leave or move units, and the rifle will go back to the armoury where you signed it out(ready for the next lad to sign up), and you will get an absolute bollocking.

Regardless: youre right that weapons are generally kept with you at all times, thus there is no need to etch 'shirlena' or your kill tally :rolleyes: into the weapon. Ive heard even the SAS have a strict armoury and armourer!

Surely shouting 'reloading' in certain situations is tantamount to shouting "Please run at me now as I cant shoot back"... Letting your mates know in a team so they can continue to provide some covering fire maybe, but in a general skirmish prob not best plan if you just out there somewhere.

I've never had a proper one at a game, but to be fair my loadouts are fairly Cpt. Pricey not because of CoD but its just a nice loadout, and anyway he never wore A-TACS :)

I don't mind people shouting stuff as long as its useful

"tabgo down" is fairly useless as everyone else doesn't know where this "tango" was but stuff like "loading" to alert people as to the fact that you won't be able to shoot for a while is okay

but thats not as bad as some of the sh*t my friends come out with!

As for reloading it really depends. When I did a military training course we were taught to shout stoppage when we were out of ammo whilst working as a team but I think there are times when alerting people your reloading isn't really nessasary.

Nearly wet my self laughing once as I watched an obese codsofter attempt a 360 no scope :lol:

when we're doing a defending game, and there's a lot of them and little of us i tend to shout stuff to everyone else but if its just a big team death match there isn't much point

• Supporters

1. Buy ready-mag for the SOPMOD

2. Get mag changes down to about half a second

3. let off a burst at some cover someone is hiding behind.

4. Run out of ammo

5. Finished reloading by the time I have finished shouting 'reloading'/'mag out'

6. people dumbfounded by being shot by someone they thought had no ammo.

6. people dumbfounded by being shot by someone they thought had no ammo.

Or, do what Joe, Rob and I frequently do -

Have fully loaded magazine, inserted into gun.

Shout "MAAAAAAGAZINE!" or "RELOADIN'" at top of lungs. Have gunner number 2 suddenly shout (or say loudly) "stoppage/jam/me gun's broke/etc"

Stop shooting - watch as half of the enemy team promptly run towards the 'undefended' base

Shoot.

Win.

I've no real problem with CODsofters as I've said - so long as they don't decide they suddenly have a mastery of warfare that Clausewitz or Sun Tzu would be jealous of - if I want to walk off in the wrong direction, I will. That said, I've seen more than one cadet decide to boss a team around too...

• Supporters
That said, I've seen more than one cadet decide to boss a team around too...

Heh, oh dear.

I work with cadets now and again as a 'secondary duty' to help with my promotion prospects and this sort of thing always makes me laugh. I never was one before I actually joined up but I see a lot of them at my local site. Well.. more hear than see actually, they have a distinct tendency to stick out like sore thumbs when chatting in the safe zone.

That said, I've got no problem with them at all, I've never seen one trying to boss people about. I should imagine that sort of thing is symptomatic of the adults that volunteer as their instructors having gash practices and attitudes, and this being passed on to the young guys.

I am in the cadets and i have never 'given orders' i dont see the point. what some people fail to realise is at the end of the day its just a game that we play for a laugh.

That said however it rather hilarious when COD sweaters who sound like there 9 down the XBOX, you know who i mean the type that say quick scoping is the coolest thing since rasta mouse, turn up with fellow members of the sweaters brigade for a birthday party and spend the entire time hiding behind tree shooting a people that are at a far greater range then the crappy hire gun will ever reach and trying to tell the expierenced players were to go and them turning round saying f*ck off, makes me laugh.

I was skirmishing with my friend and his mate once, and this sniper (who had been sitting in a bush for the past 10 minutes, making it a pain for us to advance) managed to shoot him, he then proceeds to tell us he was "Quickscoped by that noob over there" he then says he's going to sprint in and 'dolphin dive' behind a tree then take out the sniper, he tries exactly that, and found himself on the wrong end of a AK74 with obvious speed upgrades, he then comes back crying saying he was cheating, then never took his hit, and went to try get revenge and it happened again xD

I never liked him...

As for reloading it really depends. When I did a military training course we were taught to shout stoppage when we were out of ammo

What course was this?

Because I was taught that when you had a jam or a gas problem you shouted stoppage to let your guys know you'd have to deal with a jam,. and that you would say reloading when reloading (because a stoppage will take longer then reloading, which lets your squad mates know that they need to cover your ark's)

in airsoft people dont really need to shout it, but if you are working with a team/squad where communication is key, they letting people know when you reload is a good idea. just hope that the entire squad doesn't shout it at the same time

fin fal

to be fair i do say that when i'm playing cod but at skirmishes I normally say SLR or L1A1

Archived