CODsofters

JMaster
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

say the stereotypical "cool SCAR H"... "no its a SCAR L"

or i've also heard "Nice H-BAR!" ... "You mean AUG?" ... "No H-BAR, AUG is a company!"

Sigh

I don't mind not knowing all about guns, but when you learn them from a game its different

"Hey guys, you seen/heard of that new M16? It's called the FAMOUS, and it's a bullpup!"

Not just CoD, I've seen some airsofters usually the younger ones, or those who've never played CoD make/say similar things.

Like pronounce AUG as "Ow-ooooogah".

"You should totally get an M16! That's what the SAS use" :rolleyes:

"That's an AK47! The SS never used AK47s!" *the poor guy quite clearly has the MP44/STG44...*

Jesus, everyone watches the Military/History Channels and suddenly everybody is an expert.

• Supporters

Not had to endure many examples, but a rather rotund 16 year old rocking his finest all black SWAT gear in the summer in the woods did once ask me whether "that noob tube actually works?"

No, I just carry all that weight on the front of my rifle for no reason at all... :rolleyes: Heck, if he'd just said anything other than 'n00b tub3' I wouldn't have minded in the slightest, but come on, really?

When you buy a gas M500 and put on a folding stock, and all of a sudden it becomes a SPAS-12.

Bought a PSG-1, then became the mascot of COD players and respectable snipers alike...

• Supporters

My most hated CoDism is how they all call the WA2000 a Wazoo... Thankfully WA2000s are rare in airsofting so I haven't had to punch anyone yet.

One thing I will say though, if anyone says that my awesome L85 looks like something from Gaylo then I might just have to club them round the head with an axe.

When they shout useless things like:

"I'M RELOADING!"

"TANGO DOWN!"

The list goes on. I have a skull on my lower mesh mask so apparently I'm ghost now :huh: Worst one was someone who said to me: "nice COD loadout". He was then swiftly removed from this world :P

• Supporters

Or club them round the head and groin with the L85. It's hefty enough to kill a small cow and resilient enough not to care that it just did so.

ICS L85. The weapon that keeps on giving.

Had a kid take his hit then pull out a pistol and shoot someone once. He'd got the impression we had a "last stand" perk system in airsoft where you lose a weapon each time you're hit...This would have worked well for him, except I had a support gun at the time and I don't believe in mercy...

• Supporters

I don't think that's too bad, I've seen a lot of real-world soldiers who've done that to their guns, especially from the Paras etc - airsoft is all about emulating the real world, so I can see why one might like that idea...

• Supporters
I was once asked if my m4 CASV was an enfield from black ops :P:lol:

What!? I thought it was an Enfield!

I was once asked if my m4 CASV was an enfield from black ops :P:lol:

Haven't played Black Ops in a looong time but... isn't the 'Enfield' in game the XL-64, AKA the SA80's daddy?

How the hell does one confuse those two?

Or were they just asking if the RSA Factory Enfield had made a type of M4?

Seen plenty of people in real life who've painted/etched a name (usually a female name) onto their guns, so I don't hold that against airsofters.

I and some of my friends and colleagues just call this type of player "Constant Contact", many come from a video game (not just CoD) background, some even admit it.

Im a big fan of constant contact and reasonably tight playing fields

(Taken from a game review on a separate forum)

Mind it is a little amusing when the nick name "Soap" turns up, usually on some CoDsofter, though "Soap" is generally referred to (in certain circles) one who is of low intelligence, or, generally as someone tho is easy to deceive or coerce into taking on an unpleasant role (usually stag or various other fatigues).

I've heard recently some "Kids" turn around and talk about no scoping on a game day, and refer to any replica by there game names.

...When they call my SCAR-L the SCAR-H, and when some guy also asks if its a SCAR or an ACR, shouting "RELOADING!", "GRANATA!" and other pointless things, calling me a 'camper' for covering a doorway among other things.

whilst getting ready to shoot 2 opponents some little kid on my team shouts at me 'oi mate' (i'm 50, old enough to be his grandad and certainly not his mate) and then proceeds to give me a series of hand signals that resembled some old indian thing from a western movie then did some ninja type hand signal with both hands.

'WTF' I thought. He has either had too many red Smarties or spends too much time on his video came console.

"proceeds to give me a series of hand signals that resembled some old indian thing from a western movie then did some ninja type hand signal with both hands."

That's when you reply with either the

monkey (scratch head and bollox at same time) or the

big fish, little fish cardboard box, always a classic!

I would also like to see what the armorer said when the said inscribed guns were handed back in at the end of the day. All weapons are definitely owned by the MoD and any personal "modifications" would be looked rather unfavorably.

• 2 weeks later...

I did do it the first time i went, but wasnt serious. just little jokes between my bro and my mate as, before the new COD, played alot of black ops and battlefield.

but i am a slight gun nut and are aware of most of the guns real names. especially ww2 era. but when you try and explain stuff to someone who only knows about it from games i had to resort to "its **** from Cod 6 but its called **** in real life" or "its like the **** from Cod"

We must purge the weak, hated flesh and replace it with the blessed

I would also like to see what the armorer said when the said inscribed guns were handed back in at the end of the day. All weapons are definitely owned by the MoD and any personal "modifications" would be looked rather unfavorably.

thats normally what you will see on a UK barracks, on operation, soilders normally keep their weapon with them at all times. marking the rifle just lets others know who's rifle it is, most soilders get used to how their gun operates, although its the same, they like to distinguish theirs from every one elses. in soe cases like if using iron sights the zero can be slightly differnt or the bolt may have just that little bit more Resistance then what they are used to.

I dont care if people say SCAR-H or SCAR-L they are botht he same gun, in real steel the difference is just what Cal they fire.

i think the worst COD softer i have seen, is a kid pulling out a Mobile phone and pretended to call in an airstrike.

Although it isnt limted to COD nowdays, as i have started seeing battlefield babys in some games now, as i hear (I need a medipack over hear, or DUDE drop me soem AMMO) i couldnt resist my self so i kept flashing my torch in his face and asked him if it was Overpowered..

Archived