Helloo and help x 2

Ezekiel
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, my name is Ezekiel,20yo and I am new to airsoft I used to play alot of paint ball and then I experienced airsoft on private land which I have to say is much better in every way!..

I've been browsing through a couple of airsoft forums and you guys here know alot and I prefer to work with the knowledge guys and not the guessing guys.. I've just recently bought camo,balaclava and eyewear but the big question is what gun shall I start with?

There a budget of 170 for primary to start with..(prefer smg's but would consider rifle)--(Electric priority)

There is also a budget on a gas pistol which is 80..(gas)

If you guys were kind enough to throw a few opinions of decent guns I would be grateful and whoever does is a damn legend!

Thanks for your time guys!

• Supporters

Do those budgets include magazines, batteries and a charger? Pistols mags/holster?

Given how many people never draw their expensive pistols from their holsters, my personal recommendation would be to just combine the budgets and focus on a higher quality rifle, given as that's what you'll end up using all of the time.

Do those budgets include magazines, batteries and a charger? Pistols mags/holster?

Given how many people never draw their expensive pistols from their holsters, my personal recommendation would be to just combine the budgets and focus on a higher quality rifle, given as that's what you'll end up using all of the time.

Well 220 for main smg/rifle(electric) mags for main weapon inc but rest is just optional if it comes with it or not,also would like the main weapon to come with rails if possible.

and what pistol would you recommend from your experience fella?

Well 220 for main smg/rifle(electric) mags for main weapon inc but rest is just optional if it comes with it or not,also would like the main weapon to come with rails if possible.

Hello,

Well as a new player you will not need a pistol, put that cash into to main gun...

So guns! the fun part:

If you want to customize it get a M4, KWA, G&G, G&P are all very good makes but get UKARA first.

As for rails most companys make a model with rails or you can buy some.

• Supporters

ah i can`t really think of any of the top of my head apart from MP5`s are Customizablish P90`s well sort of but not really a chance in your budget MP9`s i don`t beleive are Unless you mean Optic`s so Maybe an MP7 instead and i can`t really think of any other`s but if you know their name list em and i can tell you or someone else can for sure!

(SpeedBall by any chance?)

• Supporters

ICS make some nice electric weapons within your budget. Have a browse.

M4s: http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php...ck=&stpos=0

MP5s: http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/acatalog/MP5_Series.html

Pistols wise, pretty much anything TM. They make the most reliable, skirmish effective sidearms around.

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/category.php...k=&stpos=40

Might not fit in to your budget but something to consider later. Any 1911 variant, Sig 226/226E2, PX4, Glock 17, any of the Hi-capas. All quality guns that perform excellently.

• Supporters

I'd recommend the G&G MP5 if you're after an SMG, if you look in the reviews section I've added a review for mine.

I have a standard one without rails but they make one with rails all over it that will be exactly the same on the inside.

You can also get them made of plastic or metal, again they'll have the same internals, plastic is a lot cheaper so if you don't mind the loss of realism you can have a damn good gun for about £140, the metal ones are over the £200 mark. But it's your call.

Also, if you're wondering what TM is, it's Tokyo Marui lol. A lot of people just start typing out acronyms out of habit so just ask if you don't know what something means.

As most people have said, pistols aren't really needed, I've been playing just over a year and I think I've only used mine once or twice and even then it wasn't even because I needed to, it was because I wanted to make use of it so spending so much money on the gun and 4 mags wasn't a total waste! I'd definitely say it's worth spending more on just the rifle.

I think I might stop taking my pistol out with me altogether, my rifle often knocks against it when it's hanging from its sling and having a 1kg metal monster on my thigh can make running around a bit more difficult, not to mention having to keep checking the mag hasn't fallen out and making sure I don't destroy it when I sit down, run into a tree or slide into some cover.

Everyone so far has given sterling advice although I'd like to add my own. Same as the others, don't bother with a pistol yet, unless you decide to move to sniping you won't need one so is a pointless purchase until later in the hobby. In terms of rifles I'd like to add something to the list that so far has been assembled, have a look at JG, they produce some fantastic guns, including the AUG A3 which has a full rail system on the front. But then I love bullpups, they might not be your cup of tea, before you buy anything though I'd recommend seeing if someone has one at your local site, I doubt they'd reject to you holding it and seeing if you're comfortable with it. I would advise doing that before you expend any money on a gun :).

Sorry about the late reply i've had to catch up on some work(mechanic).. So an M4 is my best bet and you guys have persuaded me that a primary weapon is the priority.I have a few more question if anyone would like to answer for me please?

1) Are plastic guns robust and reliable?

2) Are there any shops or airsoft places I can go into and enquire first hand in London?

2) What are the real differences between an MP5 and an M4..(is it range and firing rate?)

You guys put allot of time into your reply's and I am thankful.Cheers fellas.

1) Generally yes.

2) http://uk.airsoftmap.net/Retailers/

You put 2 again, I assume you meant 3 :P

3) How they look essentially. More differences if you look at different manufacturers imo.

Thanks mate and my last question what websites do you know which provide good airsoft clothing specially military jumper which you can attach a patch(s).I would be interested in a few from this site also.

Archived