Scope Mounts

kayakking1
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey airsofters,

I recently purchased a Cybergun 40721 famas, and I love it! It's really powerful (running about 400fps) and really accurate, so I put 2 and 2 together and decided to try and get a scope for it to enhance these capabilities. I want a cheap scope that I can knock around, whilst I am in the process of seeing if I like sniping and if I should carry on, then I will upgrade scopes. I found this scope ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/SMK-Fixed-Power-Ri...8158&sr=8-1 ) but it says only suitable for 9mm to 11mm rails. When I measured the rail on the top of the gun (from the 2 side notches in the rail where the mounts legs go), it is 15mm, just under 1 inch. I obviously will need to buy new mounts when I get the scope. I have seen several mounts for 1 inch rails, but I am not sure if this is with the 'teeth' of the mounts fully open or closed. Will they fit? The mounts also obviously need to fit the scope. Does anyone know what size mounts I should get, or if you can, can you post some links to the mounts that you think will fit?

Thanks guys, you really are helping out a newbie to the amazing world of airsoft!

OK

1: you will have a 20mm rail system to mount the scope on, so you need 20mm scope mounts. These are readily available on ebay or the like. However you need to know the diameter of the scope and get mounts to fit, ie no point getting a 30mm scope mount if the diameter of the scope is 20mm max for example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-20MM-PICATINN...=item27c1b353e8 20mm rail, 30mm diameter, for example

Also the reviews are pretty pants for the scope an amazon.

Have a look at any of the retailers in the retail section and have a look at their scopes as most have mounts or rails already atttatched.

2: 400fps is too high for the majority of UK sites, who have a 350fps limit, so you would be wanting a spring downgrade to that FAMASas it is an AEG and not a DMR or single shot sniper rifle

OK

1: you will have a 20mm rail system to mount the scope on, so you need 20mm scope mounts. These are readily available on ebay or the like. However you need to know the diameter of the scope and get mounts to fit, ie no point getting a 30mm scope mount if the diameter of the scope is 20mm max for example.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2X-20MM-PICATINN...=item27c1b353e8 20mm rail, 30mm diameter, for example

Also the reviews are pretty pants for the scope an amazon.

Have a look at any of the retailers in the retail section and have a look at their scopes as most have mounts or rails already atttatched.

2: 400fps is too high for the majority of UK sites, who have a 350fps limit, so you would be wanting a spring downgrade to that FAMASas it is an AEG and not a DMR or single shot sniper rifle

Thanks for the quick reply! I've decided that I'm going to buy the scope first, then measure it and then buy the scope mounts according to the width of it. And also, the famas that i've got is a single shot so it will come under sniper. I've got a question, though, I want to be a designated marksman for my team. Would I still be able to be upftont with the rest of the team if they class my gun as a sniper? Cheers :)

A lot of sites have a minimum engagement range for certain fps guns. If you engage targets outside of that range you can be anywhere you like. If you wish to be a sniper then a back up weapon is a must, be it a pistol or something small like a MP5K. That way you can sling your rifle and go clear out a bunker!

Single shot FAMAS?

If your a designated marksman going up front isn't really your job but as mentioned before with a backup you could get in the action now and again. Also if your new to airsoft I would reccomend playing normally before sniping.

• Supporters

Just thought i'd put it out there...

a designated marksman isnt a sniper. He should play upfront, with the rest of the people, the only real difference is that DM's have longer ranged weapons lock to semi, stay upfront and pick of the longer range targets.

Most people seem to think that a marksman should play like a sniper, not sure why?

• Supporters

Lol the awful realisation... Have you seen the specs?

60m? I will honestly sh*t a brick if that thing can even graze 35. I think it's worrying how badly some people can just distance, I've almost never had to shoot at anyone that's more than 40 yards away and 40 yards is a long way, it'll take a good 20 seconds to a minute to count it out as you walk it.

I remember seeing a conversation Marksman was having on the JBBG FB page and some moron thought that a stock Maruzen L96 could shoot 80m... 80m is seriously god damn far. I won't honestly believe even an upgraded one could go that far, I wouldn't even expect a powerful air rifle to be able to fire at and actually hit anything much further away than that.

Oh god, there's even a video review, apparent it uses 20 gram BBs lol.

Archived