Need a whole new gearbox for a Ares MG36 AR-004

airsoft-dave36
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all

Bought this gun about 8 months ago. Used it once and it broke. It was dual feeding and the automatic mode wouldnt work kept jamming.

Tried to return it to the place i bought it from but they werent having any of it! As APPARENTLY it was "my fault"! So then i tried to repair it myself and kind of made it worse as the gearbox is now in bits annnnd bits broke even more like the trigger mechanism and that.

SOO i was wondering if anyone could help me source another gearbox for it and if possible fit it to my gun, also how much would it cost?

I've looked on the net and cant find any ares gearboxes.

Cheers Dave

OK, depends where you are in the world, as you don't say.

I have had a quick google and you can drop a JG g36 gearbox straight in. Or you could get a shop to rebuild it for you, or a local techie on your local site.

So you also broke the trigger mech as well...well you should be able to source one of them from any g36, so a JG part would suffice.

TBH, you are better off asking your local shop to have a look at it, it may well cost you a bit of money to sort out, but you should have a fully functioning gun at the end of it.

So where are you in the world, and we may be able to point you to a decent local shop

OK, depends where you are in the world, as you don't say.

I have had a quick google and you can drop a JG g36 gearbox straight in. Or you could get a shop to rebuild it for you, or a local techie on your local site.

So you also broke the trigger mech as well...well you should be able to source one of them from any g36, so a JG part would suffice.

TBH, you are better off asking your local shop to have a look at it, it may well cost you a bit of money to sort out, but you should have a fully functioning gun at the end of it.

So where are you in the world, and we may be able to point you to a decent local shop

Thanks for the reply. I'm in leicester UK

• Supporters

It sounds to me like it's pretty much borked.

You could try and sell the remaining working internals to someone and then try to sell the rifle as a replica to a collector, Ares make damn good replicas so it might go for decent money.

Getting a gun fixed when parts need sourcing is going to cost a lot, labour charge alone is likely to be at least £25, probably more, gearboxes and trigger mechs might be cheap but they'll need finding first so that's something to factor in, you're probably better off doing the above and then using the funds to buy a new gun.

Find out how much it'll cost to get sorted first though, it might be worth it.

Archived