Airsoft Forums UK

G&P M16A3

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Right,

So this weekend I'm off to Patrol Base to gather a few finishing pieces for my L85, but since I've got this M16 now, I figure I might as well get some stuff for that as well whilst I'm there, as it seems a little lacking at the moment.

So, what spring would I need for around 370 fps and could it take it without modification? How much would it shorten the life of the internals by?

Would anyone recommend a hop rubber to use in it as well? I think the hop is probably the main problem with it at the moment.

Cheers.

• Supporters

I've got MadBull blue hop rubber and MadBull tight bore in mine, much better than the stock ones, really good range and accuracy.

• Supporters

That's good to know, I think they're the only hop parts and barrels PB actually sell lol.

Which ID tightbore did you get? Also, do you know what they chrono at with .20s?

• Supporters

I got 6.03x509mm one, and without the tightbore it chrono'd at 340, with it, it's really inconsistent and chronos at 340-360. I need to get it sorted really, as my site limits are 345 and 350..

• Supporters

Consistency issues. Hmm, that doesn't sound good.

I'll have to have a chat with Patrol Base about it, see what the costs of sorting it all out might be. Assuming it needs sorting out with mine that is.

I'm thinking of making it a long term project and eventually ending up with a SAM-R

• Supporters

Seems pretty good, the intentions with mine are to get some nice looking rails, upgrade to 400 FPS and lock to semi :P

• Supporters

Took mine to Patrol Base to have it looked at earlier.

It was running at 270fps, so there's definitely something wrong with it internally, it ought to be doing at least 90 more than that.

I booked it in for a service and they reckon it'll be a cheap, no new parts needed, fix. So by next week I ought to have it running like it should for the base charge of £25, so that'll be good.

I'll let you know what happens.

• Supporters

Sounds good, mine's gotta go back to Fire Support - again.

It's completely stopped working, as if someone's just cut a wire. It's not the battery or fuse.

I could probably fix it easy, but not taking it apart because it's still under warranty.

What batteries do you use in yours?

• Supporters

Well I've not really "used it" other than to realise there's something wrong with it lol. But I just used a regular 8.4 large type.

• Supporters

I don't know what's with you Marksman, I've got two G&G rifles that are utterly flawless, except my MP5 cocking handle snapped off, and the M14 is slowly shaking itself naked and I don't know where the screws are to tighten them...

But they're good all the same! Good range and accuracy on the M14, more than enough range for a CQB weapon on the MP5 and pin point accuracy at 20-30m.

Here we have two examples of G&P rifles that are totally crap lol.

• Supporters

I'm not doing anything to it, well I try to use it.

It's not as good as you said it would be really.

Any tips on improving accuracy consistency and FPS consistency?

Mine ranges from 340-360 FPS and accuracy's all over the place. I've tried cleaning the barrel etc.

I can't take it out to give a proper clean as it'll void the warranty.

• Supporters

I got from Fire Support, they installed MadBull blue hop unit and MadBull tightbore barrel.

Gonna use .25s in it to increase accuracy consistency.

I think Ed got his second hand.

Another question, how can I lower the FPS by about 15-20 without taking it apart? Needs to be constantly under 345.

• Supporters

I got mine from a swap but I know that the seller got it from Zero One and only skirmished it once.

• Supporters

I'm sure I'll have fun doing that.. I used compress the spring on my sniper, it was shooting like 540 FPS..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Liam, what spring have you got in your M16? I thought it ought to have an M120 but Patrol Base only fitted mine with an M100. The range with the stock hop up and barrel is abysmal at 310fps. I want to know if it'll take an M120 without coming to any harm.

Archived