What to buy

Cobb83
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all and HAPPY NEW YEAR

I have just bought an M15A4 Carbine and have no idea what the best place and cheapest place to buy a battery and charger kit would be and WHAT type of battery would I need to..

The battery compartment is in the foreward pistal grip housing....

Any help would be most greatful.

Also Ive been looking at buying an attachment...

BATTLEAXE AN/PEQ 15 Style Battery Case Box Black w/ Green Laser

It was £29.99 at TACTICAL AIRSOFT SHOP

Is it worth the money??????

post-4196-1325443453_thumb.jpg

Thank you...have you got a link to a good shop that's cheap or would any modle/hobbie shop do????

Also I was looking at gettind this!! Link below

http://www.tacticalairsoftshop.co.uk/produ...ck_18c_TAS00166

good place to buy battery/charger http://www.component-shop.co.uk/

as for the glock i have one and its pretty good nice weight and feel to it but tbh if i was you id wait until you can buy a black one and spend the extra cash on more mags or a spare battery for now as a pistol isnt nessesary really

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

thanks for the link Ive been looking at loads of sites and well I havent really had much luck...

One thing you could help me with is......Could you write down the basic components for the M15A4 i.e.

Battery type ( there was a 12V battery in the papperwork I got in the box that looked like a crane stock battery but curves round the barrel in the forward hand

grip compartment????) Can not find it anywhere???pls help lol

Best Charger

and anything else you would think useful to me

Thanks..

• Supporters

Terminology tip: The piece your left hand goes on to when you've got the weapon in the aim (presuming you're right handed) is referred to as the handguard. I'm not being pedantic, it's purely that other people will find it a lot easier to answer any questions you might have if they can quickly and easily understand the parts you're referring to.

A 12v battery would be way overkill, general rule of thumb, the higher the voltage the higher the rate of fire, and 12v will kick out a crazy rate of fire that'll just destroy your standard gearbox internals.

So as you're not wasting money on out-dated, obsolete technology I'd recommend a couple of the 7.4V 1300mAh Cranestock batteries here:

http://component-shop.co.uk/html/airsoft_li-po.html

The second option down on this page will sort you out for a smart charger:

http://component-shop.co.uk/html/lipo.html

No calculating how long to charge for or waiting by the wall socket to stop the charging, you just plug the battery in to that, 2 lights come on, when one goes out it's done and ready to go.

The next post after mine here will undoubtedly consist of someone with their head on fire panicking about how "omg teh lipos r n0t for teh n3w playzorz!?!?!!!!oneone", but this is purely a result of a small group of fear mongers many years ago posting about how they stabbed their lipo battery packs with a hot chainsaw and then surprise surprise, they started smoking. If you are capable of not shooting/burning/stabbing your battery packs, guess what? They will be absolutely fine, and here's a bit of news for the community, you know all those NiMh packs you use? They've got just as much potential to burn as any other battery type if you over-charge or mistreat them.

Indeed your right about the hand guard.. I've always calld it the foregrip even in army ha haa...But hand guard is the correct meaning lol...

I have purchaised 2 of this battery last night is the type ok????

300/600mA Smart charger for Airsoft Batteries

And the charger I shal go for componentshop.

Thanks

Ha haaaa..yes I see sorry fella No idea what I was writing there lol....For a start I have put the wrong details up oh dear lol not good.lol

Right The link in the above post is the battery charger I have bought after being advised to second option down from...componentshop

ignore my last like a plank I ordered two chargers instead of batteries. How I have no idea although I was a little enibriated whilst buying ha haaaa

Hi

Is this the type for the M15A4 ajustable stock carbine rifle..Battery would go in forward hand guard until I can get a Crane stock

150_vp2s20c1300as

7.4V 1300mAh 20C+ continuous discharge

Includes free protective case.

26A continuous, 52A burst

105 x 22 x 12mm weight 47g.

£10.50 each.

post-4196-1325601818_thumb.jpg

Based on the description of the charger(s) you bought, it looks like they are for NiCad and NiMH only. They won't charge the Lipo you have just linked to - you will start a fire.

You need to get a Lipo charger or stick to NiMH batteries.

This is the battery Charger I have bought..

800mA lipo battery charger with mains PSU

I messed up on the others lol so this one should be good??

thanks again gosh talk about me being a !!!! NNOOOOOOOOOOB !!! lol

Archived