airsoft mask

ali619
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey there guys,

now that i have a rifle and my next priority is a mask. Now i bought a £15 mask off ebay and I was not pleased with it, and to be honest for the price im not surprised. Anyway I have a budget of around £30 because I do want my face to be well protected.

does anybody have any suggestions?

You didn't purchase any form of eye protection before you bought a weapon?

nope lol the gun just came onto the market one morning and by 7 o'clock it was mine later on that day. So it happened quickly, but a mask is my next main priority

I used to use one of the proto switch paintball masks, but since I've found I much prefer wearing just protective glasses, which some will say is a bad idea but at least I can breath properly, have full FOV and never fog up. I do make a point of keeping my mouth closed though, I've seen a few people end up with chipped teeth and I've had my fair share of fat lips, even caught a BB in my mouth before and spat it out, much to the shooter's surprise.

I still have the paintball mask I never use if you're interested, send me a pm and I'll sort some pictures and a price out ;) .

I wouldn't use a full face mask personally as they sometimes seem a bit cumbersome and uncomfortable to me, I'd recommend a decent pair of mesh goggles and a half-face mask. Might end up slightly out of your budget as I personally wouldn't spend less than £25-30 on a pair of goggles and a mesh mask'll set you back by about £10, or you could always slim down the kit and get a neoprene mask, but I find them hard to breathe in (I spend most of my airsoft sprinting around so :L...)

• Supporters

I just wear mesh goggles, reason being, they perfectly save your eyes, they don't limit your peripheral vision, they're not uncomfortable and unlike wearing a full mask or a lower face mask, you can still actually aim your rifle if need be.

They also can't fog up under any circumstances and you can get a decent pair for about £15 on eBay.

With regard to wanting to save your no doubt pretty face, in a CQB situation you'll A hear, or B, see anyone that's likely to shoot you in the face and you'll have time to turn and avoid being hit in the face, not to mention most people walk around with their gun lowered and then raise it to shoot, meaning you're highly unlikely to be shot in the face at close range anyway.

Then if people are far away you only won't know they're shooting at you if they're behind you, in which case a mask won't help anyway and if they're infront of you, you can shield your head by turning or taking cover etc.

For the massively tiny chance of you getting hit in the face I think it's a price worth paying for having the enhanced ability to actually see people to avoid being shot in the first place. The added awareness kind of makes the chance of you being shot in general lower anyway so the two cancel each other out.

Still, it's your call at the end of the day, as Marksman said, Fire Support are good for face masks. I'd always recommend mesh over lenses though, I've never owned a pair of ballistic goggles that haven't had a fogging issue.

Hey there :) I don't know about your age or whether you want to risk your face and/or teeth so I recommend these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Tracker-II-S...1849&sr=8-1

or

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bolle-Tracker-Safe...1849&sr=8-2

(yellow are better for distinguishing shapes from the background, I've got these on order :D

with a half face mask http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/TMC-Strike-...i-RG_AY8BD.aspx

Hope I helped :)

Archived