choices of snipers

AirsoftRiley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Steer clear of:

TM L96 AWS - yes, the mag is in the right place but it makes sod all difference other than it simply doesn't feed very well.

Clones - some are alright, but always spend the extra £50-100 on the original model, this is usually a lower powered rifle OOTB, but the feel of the stock is just simply worth it

Go for:

TM VSR series - I wouldn't worry about the one with recoil, but the pro for the longer barrel or G-spec with shorter barrel and WORKING AND USEFUL suppressor are brilliant to start a project from. This platform also has BY FAR the largest choice of upgrade parts both internally and externally.

Maruzen L96

If buying new - spend roughly £700 overall, and about £80+ should be on the scope.

If buying second hand, look for around £350 upwards, you CAN get people looking to sell them quickly, but always question their motives and get lots of pics of parts that would wear (the biggest give away of a poorly maintained rifle is a scratched cylinder)

hi cheers for the advice im new to sniping however not new to airsoft.im gunna start of cheap and have done some reaserch into a well l96 or a vsr10 ,the thing is there are a few manufacture's, maruzen do one called the aps2. jg is the bar10 i belive and tokyo marui is the vsr10 all of which look the same rifle but being as im new to sniping if i chose this gun i need a compromise of out of box performnce and a platform in which to build off.

i dont no what to go for a well l96 or one of the vsr's

help is appreciated

Riley

hi thanks yes i think im settled on the vsr10

there are alot of clones though and i dont no what to go for

tm

well

maruzen

jg,all make the rifle but as i said at a later stage i will up grade but want a bit of performance out of the box.i no that well has better range and fps but are not as realiable and have issues with the stock hop up.tm are the most expensive butt jg are identical,cheaper and slightly out perform tm from what ive read. so its be tween jg and well ......... your opinions appreciated

cheers

Riley

yh im gunna go for the jg and then get an upgraded spring,spring guide and sear set. will i need to upgrade the piston at the same time as when i upgrade the spring ,the guide and the sears or is it posible to do spring ,guide and sears and then piston and maybe the cylider head at a later stage

cheers

Riley

Archived