Madbull RIPR

SpecialForce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi has anyone ever used this kind of system before?

Madbull RIPR

There has been another one on the market called RESET RIPR but I cant find any details on it.

rb

marry xmas and happy new year

• Supporters

I don't think I fully understand what it even is...

Is it just a big battery that powers accessories? Or what?

• Supporters

The rail has exposed contacts along it's length, so if you have the correct optic/PEQ box which can accept power input by that method instead of internal batteries, the idea is you can run everything via AA/AAA/CR123s loaded in to the quick-change pack near the magazine. Imagine tactical scalextric, and you're not too far off.

RESET make the real RIPR, far as I know though, it's not taken off in the real world on account of the fact it makes your rifle unwieldy and even heavier than it already is. Also a lack of companies making specific versions of their accessories to integrate with the system is sort of a killer. Considering how many 1000s of hours the batteries can last in RS red-dot optics I don't see the appeal myself, carry a spare set of cells for your light and laser designator and you're sorted without the extra bulk, weight and cost.

Edit: Also I'm pretty sure the power packs are shaped like a real magazine, so you can use it the same way as you would a RediMag/RediMod and just store extra ammo up there.

First time I've seen this and I have to admit its pretty nifty, kinda reminds me of the box mag for the p90. I guess as long as the connection is secure its a good idea for the people that get through more than on battery in a days gaming. Personally I have yet to burn through more than one battery as I'm not really a "spray and hope" kinda guy.

Maybe this is a good choice for a squad support weapon though!

Archived