Li-Po Similar to 8.4v, 3700mAh Ni-MH?

Liam Porter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

What Li-Po battery has the same, or similar properties as the large 8.4v, 3700mAh Ni-MH batteries?

By properties, I mean will provide a similar rate of fire, output and last as long?

I'm looking because when I use 1500mAh 9.6v or 8.4v batteries in my G&P, they don't provide enough power to turn the motor over once, it just locks up. Yet running on an 8.4v, 3700mAh battery runs perfectly, with increased ROF and increased trigger response.

I was wondering if this could be what's up with my M4. I'm going to try it out next time I go, with a large battery taped to the handguard (looking cool! :D) and if it lasts, I'll consider a Li-Po for the stock.

So wondering which Li-Po would match the above.

• Supporters

Okay, the voltage isn't the important bit really. I don't mind having a slightly higher ROF anyway..

It's the mAh that I'm interested in, as this is the difference between batteries working in my gun, and batteries not working in my gun.

What 7.4v Li-Po provides similar to 3700mAh and will easily last all day?

• Supporters

Wow. I am so stupid. I spent about half an hour looking through Li-Pos, and didn't realise it said the mAh on them. Thought it was different.

I'll look in the Li-Po thread that Ed made to find anything else out. Sorry for a waste thread here..

EDIT: Or not, maybe I'm just tired, but I just confused myself more.

Someone suggest a battery that meets these requirements;

- will have enough power for use in a G&P M16 - bearing in mind that 9.6v, 1600mAh batteries won't do this (mAh is limiting them)

- will fit in either the handguard of a standard M4 or in the stock tube of an M4

- will last all day skirmishing (I usually don't flatten a 1600mAh)

- is as cheap as possible but not going to kill itself or me

Thanks, sorry for confusing people (maybe I'm just apologising to myself here..).

• Supporters

It's not the gun. It was brand new from Fire Support when I tried it with lower mAh batteries, they just got extremely hot and it locked up.

Took it back to them a couple of days later, they replaced the cut off lever, and then tried it with lower mAh batteries - still did the same.

Then they tried it with an 8.4v 3700mAh battery and it runs perfectly. Doesn't get hot and doesn't lock up.

My M4 has the same problems (after upgrading gearbox and motor to G&P ones), which I'm seeing if using the large battery will solve. If it does then I'm keeping it instead of selling and going to use Li-Pos instead.

• Supporters

Ics? Not a fan if ics guns if I'm honest but whatever.

Sounds like a fault to me liam, my g&p ran fine on 8.4v minis, the same as what don't work in yours, as does my friends one. Might be worth getting it checked out

• Supporters

Where did ICS come from? My M16's G&P and my M4's A&K...

FS said that it was the low mAh batteries. I'll try again tomorrow and record results, maybe some video to show you what I mean..

To the OP that sounds iffy did F/S explain why?

Personally I would've queried why it's doing what it's doing.

The voltage is the same it's the length of time that the power is supplied that has changed(MaH),which is indictive of a semi-seize being slowly forced into action,I could be way off the mark though.

I've never had that happen,I've seen guns run batteries down fast but not refuse to run depending on the MaH.

Changing to Lipo's may raise more issues as they are less forgiving than other battery types,and of course running them dead is a no no..

Have you asked any tech's?or the techy area of other forums?Such as Zero in....

• Supporters

My step-dad took it in, and he's useless at remembering things and passing them on. But something like it drains the power too fast I think, I'll ask them next time I skirmish as I go to their site anyway.

I've just recorded some results, uploading now so I'll post a link to show you what it's doing when it's done.

I wasn't going to change to Li-Pos in my M16, just my M4. It has a problem with similar symptoms, it's not working too well anyway, so not too fussed about it dying completely.

• Supporters

Here;

Tried with 2x 8.4v 1100mAh batteries, 1x 8.4v 1100mAh battery, 1x 8.4v 1600mAh battery and 1x 8.4v 3700mAh batteries. All fully charged, all work in other guns; JG G36, APS M4, G&G M4.

No idea why it's over 3 minutes, there's two minutes of black screen and no sound at the end, Sony Vegas messed it up when rendering somehow...

Archived