I am the Jesus to the Gas gun using disciples.

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Ever been annoyed that propane or green gas are inconsistent due to the temperature drop they create when they're used?

Are you all aware that CO2 doesn't suffer these problems as greatly?

Are you also aware of how potentially annoying and complicated it is to get some sort of CO2 rig for gas rifles?

Well I think I have a very simple, cheap solution. Greater fps, greater consistency, greater reliability in the cold...

I'm honestly wondering if there's a way I can patent this idea somehow... I figure there probably isn't so I'll just have to give my million pound idea away =[

You could all donate money to me for being awesome enough to think of it though?

I discovered at the weekend that you can buy bicycle pumps that operate using CO2 capsules.

I discovered just now that the spare nozzle that comes with an AI Propane adaptor fits into the end of a bicycle pump...

I think you can see where this is going.

Does anyone own i) a gas rifle or pistol ii) a CO2 operated bicycle pump iii) an AI Propane adaptor

Are you willing to test my idea? I'm lacking the CO2 pump myself, but I know my brother's getting one for Christmas.

I'll be getting rid of my gas sniper in the next week or so, if this idea works I might actually want to keep it lol.

Everyone, reply fast and in great numbers, I'm excited about this!

• Supporters

But in the US you can buy Red gas, which as far as I'm aware is lubricated CO2 just like Green gas is lubricated Propane.

I've heard of people using Red gas in a fair few guns and them being alright, and how hard can it be to reinforce the seals? Just get some plasticine or bathroom sealant along the internal seams or something.

If anything goes I imagine it'll be either the in or out valve and they can be replaced easily enough.

You probably couldn't be more wrong m8...

C02 is terribly weather dependant,where did you get your info?

Have you never seen a paintball gun burst a "steam" cloud when it's cold,you've never experienced a freezing paintball gun,Co2 has a high mositure content.

Teams used to "gain an edge" by heating bottles allowing the gas to expand to up their FPS..so no...

I'm pretty sure a lot of sites have banned the use of C02 pistols anyway..

Son of god,google is your friend...

RED GAS:

Red Gas is a more powerful variant of Green Gas, the most common Airsoft gas gun propellent.(see green gas below)

Red Gas is also know as Freon22 and is commonly used to power Air Conditioners in the USA.

Airsoft guns must be rated for Red Gas or they can will not be able to handle the extra power and use of red gas. Use of Red Gas can damaged or break guns not designed to work with this more powerful gas.

However, guns that are made for use with red gas can be powered by green gas, the disadvantage being that green gas is less powerful and the gun will not shoot at its maximum FPS.

Advantages:

*More Powerful

*Higher Feet Per Second

*Faster Blow Back Action

Disadvantages:

*More Expensive

*Not Always Available

*Can Damage Non-Metal Guns

• Supporters

I know CO2 is weather dependant as well, but it's not as bad as Propane, if you go on any forum you like the general consensus will be that CO2 offers better results than Green gas.

Also, as it creates a higher pressure when it's compressed the fps will stay higher for longer, meaning more shots behave in the same way.

Besides, doesn't Paintball use Nitrogen or HPA, not CO2?

Lastly, I've never heard anyone at my site mention anything about CO2 being banned, I'll have to ask the owners next time I'm there.

alot of paintball sites use CO2, while alot of others ban it due to how quickly it changes states from liquid to gas.

Co2 is the worst gas to use. not only is the FPS inconsistant but you'll go though alot of parts when using the stuff.

I had a rap4 P99 paintball pistol which i used alot, but i had to replace parts every other game due to the Co2 busting the thing up internally.

(although admittedly my aggressive play style didnt help)

Just stick with the green/red gas you get more of a reliable performance from it.

You will find that a lot of sites still use C02 in their rental guns owners of their own guns mostly use HPA yes.

I'm pretty sure all this will have been covered at least by the industry,isn't red gas being phased out because of health implications anyway?,it's not as safe as first thought.

You are experimenting where others have already been,you certainly wouldn't be allowed to experiment against other players on the field anyway.

C02 is worse than propane that's why it doesn't get used,inconsistent,mositure rich and stored at a much higher pressure.

Better results in what way precisely?

• Supporters

Also, whether or not Red gas actually is CO2 or isn't is irrelevant and there's no need to be facetious.

My point is, that there's no reason why this idea can't make a green gas magazine operate using CO2, that is assuming that the seals can withstand it.

• Supporters

Better in terms of higher rate of fire due to higher pressure, higher fps and a harder kick. CO2 is also easier to get hold of than Green gas. I know Propane is easy to get hold of, but I said Green gas.

It was just an idea, I don't see why it's turned into a "Let's make fun of Ed" thread.

Also, whether or not Red gas actually is CO2 or isn't is irrelevant and there's no need to be facetious.

Who is being facetious,you claim to be Jesus,I and the other posters are just be a bit more realistic,don't you think this avenue has been investigated.

As you can see most people on here are helpful,just because you've been knocked back do get upset,it may rebound next time you ask for help...

It was just an idea, I don't see why it's turned into a "Let's make fun of Ed" thread.

Apart from my son of god quip I can't see where any body is taking the piss tbh,the answers seem factual and straightforwrard,correct me if I'm wrong.

The intention is to help you realise that this undoubtedly already been investigated(hence the Google reference),not in a condesending way either.

As a community we bounce ideas off and help each other,than's all.

• Supporters

Obviously I'm not being serious when I talk about being Jesus, as you are well aware (I hope). It was a harmless idea that could have been concluded as being bad and unlikely without any quips being necessary at all.

"Better results in what way precisely?" could have been worded in a less undermining type way as well. At least I took offence at it, whether or not any was intended.

But ok, I get it's not an idea that will catch on, but that's probably not going to stop me trying it at some point, just to see if it'll work.

I just thought that since I had an idea that was relevant to airsofting, I'd share it on here for all to know.

"Better results in what way precisely?" could have been worded in a less undermining type way as well. At least I took offence at it, whether or not any was intended.

That was a serious question based on what I'd observed when paintballing,HPA was so much better,I was curious as to which area the results were better.

It's not always easy to get the sentiment across with posts,the same with text's,no offence was intended...

• Supporters

Ok. I'll believe you lol.

• Supporters

AS a Speedball player who has numerous Chamionship wins under his belt i can say that Co2 reallly is not what people seem to think it is as has been said before Co2 cools and liquidises quicker and is a hell of a lot more unsafe (My friend had his eye taken out by a Co2 bottle that got hot in the sun) which is also why HPA and Propane are now used instead as their safer and are better at efficency and giving better durability.

• Supporters

The magazines of GBB rifles/pistols are, I'm afraid, not designed for CO2 at all, there's no way they'll store it safely/securely. If you were to search hard enough through archive threads on arnies, you'll see this has been discussed before, and it just doesn't work. There have been adapters around for years (Madbull came out with one ages ago) that would allow an individual to transfer CO2 from the standard 12g capsules in to mags designed for duster/propane; if it worked then guys would have been doing it for a long time already.

• Supporters

Yeah, I thought I probably wouldn't have been the first person to think of it...

Ah well, life goes on.

just to take the good bits from the rest, what about the idea of sealing up seals to retain more regular gas, or heaters in mags or compnies developing a stabilized co2 or possibilities with hpa. this is all just ideas and probably *?%£ but something to mull over or put an r&d team on. (madbull)?

• 2 weeks later...

OK what you a proposing is not a new idea! you can get some very nice and compact C02 regulators for next to nothing! They regulate a standard 16g co2 cartridges pressure (700-850psi) down to 15-150psi

http://www.genuineinnovations.com/composite-regulator.html

Iam looking to use one of these in my A&K SR25 as it will fit in the Stock!

Ahhh but an A&K SR25 is an AEG! I hear you saying! Well it wont be for long Iam upgrading it to my new drop in electronic gasbox see below.

Variable rate of fire, adjustable FPS, open and closed bolt modes and adjustable burst fire mode.

• Supporters

Wow... That's seriously awesome. I can't believe the mag can feed ok at 32 rps!

Shame you don't have a proper chronograph, I have a bad feeling you won't be allowed to run it without decreasing the fps though, especially if it fires at 32rps with that fps lol.

Still, I want one!

Wow... That's seriously awesome. I can't believe the mag can feed ok at 32 rps!

Shame you don't have a proper chronograph, I have a bad feeling you won't be allowed to run it without decreasing the fps though, especially if it fires at 32rps with that fps lol.

Still, I want one!

Yes I do have a proper chrono the poor mans chrono was just to show the capability of the unit. As mentioned above the, FPS can be set (from 290 up to around 550 fps). I have been carful to design it in such away that it cannot easily be changed in the field! As the pressure is fixed and you need a laptop to change the FPS setting, did I mention that it can be set to provided different fps for auto and single shot, so switched to single shot you can have 400 fps and when the selector is switched to auto you get 340fps. Its also great as there is very little trigger delay, around 10ms in open bolt mode and 1ms in closed bolt mode. Below are videos of the chrono tests, there are more videos on my youtube channel.

Archived