Gun suggestions

rubber_duckies
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi Im just starting airsoft and i am after guns that are reasonably priced and easy to upgrade and customize.

I am after a Sniper set up.......i am looking at theWarrior MB-06 Carbine SR or the http://www.airsoftworld.net/twotone-aandk-...fle-spring.html however i am unaware wether this is too powerfull for skirmishes?

I would also like an electric set up......assault rifle....sub machine

or maby a shot gun <_<

I have the chance to buy a BlackViper USP Tactical Gas for 40 only been used for plinking.

Any help greatly appricieated :D

Stay away from snipers there not as much fun as you think

Just buy a decent AEG and go from thier because you dont need mutipule weapons its just a waste of money

Have a look at Action Hobbies fir a good starter rifle

But remeber you can only buy TT (Two Tone) weapons at the moment so i wouldnt splash out till you have ur UKARA

• Supporters

If you intend on going for a scope/sights go for the AK. its iron sights leave something to be desired.

Stock, go for an AUG

The AUG (whilst being really comfy and perfectly skirmishable) has no set semi/auto selector. I view this as a problem but most people just complain that i look into things too much.

on the plus side, you pull the trigger half way for semi, thats fine as when you fire on semi you are relaxed and can usually take your time.

when they shoot first, however, you get charged with adreneline and your trigger finger will want to pull HARD. this gives lots of fire.

so swings and roundabouts I suppose.

The semi/auto is on a 2 stage trigger, meaning no need to worry about switching fire modes before entering a building.

The JG AUG would be an excellent starting gun. And it is possible to get a HBAR kit for it at a later date if you REALLY wanted to.

snipers can be fun, depends on how you use them. i personally dont like them, but thier range compared to AEG is unparalleled.

large woodland areas are best for snipers, such as swindons EXPERIENCE AIRSOFT site at roves farm. cqb, its pointless.

given your price range (which im going on your links by) you want to spend no more than couple hundred. fair enough.

unfortunately, that warrior hasnt got much available in the way of performance upgrades, im sure there are cosmetic upgrades though, depends what your after. this rifle will more than likely have to be downgraded depending on where you play. but will perform well, my bro has a simiilar warrior and its of the chain for the 125 he paid.

now then, back up weapons. that pistol isnt that good to be fair, if your on a tight budget the go with it, but you can get them brand new for around £50, so dont fret about this used one. a good pistol will set you back around £120. end of the day you get what you pay for.

assault rifle. now then, when playing on a skirmish site, its cool to have a few different directions of play, so you wnat to do some sniper stuff, cool. but sometimes its nice to get out and attack. for a reasonable price, i would recommend this:

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/G-G-GR-16-C...iant_ANHG0.aspx

its an m4 carbine. i can personally vouch for thier performance and reliability. this is a little bit out of your price range perhaps? if so try the JG G36 on the same page. this gun will NEVER break, and has pretty good performance. im guessing you dont have UKARA? so will have to get a 2 tone for now. both of these guns will come under 350 FPS so no dowgrading needed. both can be used for cqb, and field, to an extent. ideal for you i think.

and as for shotguns, i wouldnt bother. they are cool, but given the current airsoft climate, everyone has AEG's you will get blown out of the water.

any questions just ask

In all honesty really dont go for a sniper rifle as your first gun, they require alot of patience and fine tuning to get them working well, and if you are new to the sport this may mean yo get fed up and quit which would be a waste of money.

Get a good AEG as a first gun, here are my recommendations

JG G36 (any but the C is most popular)

JG AUG

JG M4 (the new versions have metal bodies)

CYMA AK (alot have metal bodies and some have wood furniture too)

CYMA M14 (hard to find though, but good if you want a marksman setup rather than a sniper)

A&K LR300 (a real sexy lil thing)

all of the above would be skirmishable out of the box apart from a downgrade (recommend a madbull 100 AEG spring as that should give you about 340 FPS), then you can upgrade as and when you feel like it.

Then if you still want to snipe, buy it as your second gun.

abbadon101: You mentioned a HBAR kit earlier on what is this is it the sort of classic scope for an aug hbar?

Also thank you for all the help i realised i have been going down the wrong road and am looking at your reconmendations

another question: do the aegs all use preety much the same aeg parts for upgrades and such apart from obviouse exceptions

Q1: There is a HBAR front kit for the Marui (which JG clone almost exactly) which is a longer barrel and bipod and it is very rare, if you are liking the AUG HBAR from MW2 then look for the AUG A2 (a bit harder to find but still around) which is pretty much the same but with a shorter barrel.

With the AUG you have 2 real options

option 1

JG-Steyr-Aug-Military-AEG_500_290_WREG.jpg

AUG Military (A1)

option 2

JG-Aug-Tactical-RIS-AEG_500_290_165HI.jpg

AUG A3 (for if you want to pimp it, plus it is about an inch and a half shorter so better for CQB)

With parts you get 2 types: Internal and external.

External is the body, stock, handgaurd, outer barrel etc... the bit you SEE. These are reasonable interchangeable ie. most M4/M16 parts will fit most (but not all) M4/M16's

Internal the bits that make you gun fire, and its accuracy, so the Gearbox (there are 2 main types: Version 2 seen in M4/M16/MP5/G3's and version 3 seen in AK/G36's) hop unit (particular to each gun type), inner barrel (length is the only thing here they all fit pretty much every thing but are different lengths) and motor (mostly interchangeable with the occasional exception).

Parts are interchangeable but its best to get a professional to fit things so as to have it done properly.

abbadon101: Thanks so much for the help im getting the http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/JG-Steyr-Au...Tone_A9JJA.aspx

at the end of the month if there back in stock :/ aparently theres a problem with the distributers in japan or china. So who knows when.

Looked into the H-BAR kit and theres a shop in america selling it but aparently theres other parts they dont sell that are hard to get but oh well one step at a time. Need the gun in stock first :D

yeah factories in china were caught making parts for real guns, so a few big ones have been turned over by army and police.

dont expect restock to take place any time soon for JG etc!! :P

few, but not much. classic army and other usa makes will take over where JG and such left off now, a shame, but hey ho

• Supporters
yeah factories in china were #1 caught making parts for real guns, so a few big ones have been turned over by army and police.

dont expect restock to take place any time soon for JG etc!! :P

few, but not much. #2classic army and other usa makes will take over where JG and such left off now, a shame, but hey ho

#1 They were making airsoft parts, which is illegal in mainland china

#2 CA are Taiwanese iirc, most factories in china have started running again, albeit in different locations/factories

tom

Rubber duckies, if you can go to 3 skirmishes and buy a RIF, as 1: they look much sexier, and 2 it encourages UKARA and stops the Gov from making us all use 2-tone.

Plus it gives you the chance to talk to other people about their guns to. I know this sounds like practically the same advice given to everyone but I have only been skirmishing a year (ok I did get the bug bad) and having a nice black gun after 3 skirmishes is much better than a bright green one after 1 skirmish.

• Supporters
Rubber duckies, if you can go to 3 skirmishes and buy a RIF, as 1: they look much sexier, and 2 it encourages UKARA and stops the Gov from making us all use 2-tone.

Plus it gives you the chance to talk to other people about their guns to. I know this sounds like practically the same advice given to everyone but I have only been skirmishing a year (ok I did get the bug bad) and having a nice black gun after 3 skirmishes is much better than a bright green one after 1 skirmish.

finally someone give him a medal (i know others have said this)

Tom

oooooh so true :P

if you want a shotgun an m3 short is quite good and you can get it in two tone

Possibly, but it can be easily ignored.

and its good to give advice tailored to individuals.

Ah but i thought it would be more of a bases so like what not to buy and the rules and stuff and if anyone has questions that dont get answered in that they can psot them

And if anyone does post something like "what gun should i get" just post them a link to the guide first??

Just an idea :)

I will do it if you want, I am tired of seeing these threads, I understand that people want advice but they never think "I wonder if these questions have been asked before?"

• AF-UK Founding Member

Well that's basically specified in the rules to use the search function and looking at recent topics etc. If someone has the time to write something good up then that'd be great, but still expect it to be ignored by most. Everyone will also have their different opinions as to suggestions on what to get so it is kind of hard to cover all bases in one thread. You could also argue that this is a forum so therefore each case should be discussed and make whoever feel welcomed, rather than just sending them off to some general thread with terms they may not understand.

Archived