Hey All!

Spencer
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello All! Im Spencer. Im applying for the RAF Soon, and really just got into Airsoft! Bloody loving it!

Here is my setup!

Gun(s) Owned: L85A2 SA80A - (JUST BBs)

M41GL G36S - (JUST BBs)

M4A1 CARBINE - (JUST BBs)

What you think? - Im looking at getting the WE Gas Blowback L85, but I'm not sure if I need a UKARA Licence for this? Even If I just want to use it on private land?

• Supporters

Yep you will need a Site membership or UKARA defence as i cannot be bothered to go in to all the hoo hah about it i`ll leave it to Finius (the forum`s Legal Beagle)

Applying for the Airforce are you Not the RAF REG? by chance as im joining the end of 2012 start of 2013 if all goes to plan and my braces come out as the Regiment according to my local Recruitment office don`t allow them but let us or me know how you get on as i past the written test first try it`s easy although i could try and help if you want me too and i beleive CKinnerly is a Armourer so if that`s your Profession he May be able to help.

but back to the airsoft avoid JBBG as their a pain in the A* if you get what i mean!

Edit: Dev i can`t find one of these for me can i do one again? B)

Hello and Welcome! :D

by Just BBs do you mean Just BB Guns? if so I would stear clear of that site and get proper airsoft guns

Hey! Yes by JustBB's I mean off there site :/

I'm looking at getting a WE L85 Blowback Rifle, but I dont have a UKARA Licence! And there are no Skirmish sites down by me, so I would not qualify as a "skirmisher"

you can still have it Two-Toned though i don`t see the point in 2-toning it to be honest but meh

I could get this Gun Two Toned?!

Well WE are a good gas make and if you're just shooting in your garden its definately very good

also just a side note UKARA is not a licence :)

oh and Craig if you are a FINIUS then wheres your animal sacrifice????

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

There is no such thing as a UKARA license, your simply put into a database once you've played the adequate amount of games. You might find people near you travel to their nearest site, so you might be able to lift share and what not. It is worth looking into if you'd like to take things more seriously.

• Supporters

Having read god knows how many hundreds of pages in review threads for pretty much every GBBr out there, I wouldn't buy the WE L85 myself.

Some of WE's gas rifles do have good reports for their first 10k rounds or so, but the fact remains that WE guns are cheap and you just can't make a high quality weapon if you're skimping on materials and QC. The G39C gets good feedback because the body is plastic and the gas storage space in the mags is much larger than your average STANAG mag, giving you great gas efficiency... the L85 has neither of these advantages. Have a read of the review thread about it on arnies for a few horror stories about various parts just plain falling off of brand new guns straight out the box.

To sum it up, if you only want to shoot it now and again for a bit of fun in your garden, it'll probably be alright. But if you wanted to seriously skirmish it, you're gonna have to dump a ton of money in to magazines, internal parts to regulate the FPS (from what I can remember, stock it shoots way over 350) and those internal working parts are going to wear down on you and need replacing in the not too distant future.

As for the raf, I've been in 4 and half years now, 1 1/2 in training, 2 up at lossiemouth and this last year working at honington, so I know a fair bit about the regiment and all. My personal tip: If you like having lots of money and living in hotels instead of tents, become a techie, not a gunner. :P

Archived