My perrrfect M1911

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

As you may know I am looking for a project and my christmas present. So I have decided to combine the two....

The list:

KJW M1911

TM Extended mag

Tanio Koba twist

Nineball rubber (Later)

New sliver slide (Maybe)

Custom wood grips from Jeandup (Needs designing and pricing)

So what do you think? The reason I am not going TM is becasue this will be a show pistol and a preformer in the summer, Also I dont want another plastic pistol.

Thanks!

Get tm, I've heard nothing but trouble about KJW, mainly about their mags

If you want a show pistol and a good performer..... a tm will do both

Really? I have read some great reviews, also I will be changing the mag anyway.

The problem I have with the TM's is the feel really cheap and toy like.

Hmmm

Well you'll be wanting to replace the frame and slide anyway.... otherwise its no show gun, just another ordinary pistol

The slide will be changed and it will have some fancy grips, I just hated the feel of the one I used it was so light, lighter than my USP.c

Start on a combat custom then, night, /deser/foliage/strike warrior. All have metal frames, you'll have a metal slide and also tm performance and reliability

To be honest, Out of the pistol I want it to like like I want it to look, and shoot once at the person I am trying to kill.

I look after my guns to a T so I think I will do fine,

Thanks for the sugestion though!

Get tm, I've heard nothing but trouble about KJW, mainly about their mags

If you want a show pistol and a good performer..... a tm will do both

mines working ok, how are the mags trouble?

• Supporters

My KJW Sig is amazing, only ever had cold weather cause it to spray gas everywhere once, it looks and feels freakin' sexy as hell and it's a heafty bugger too, at over 1kg.

Mags can be a problem though, I've had to take mine apart and grease the crap out of the insides of them quite a lot of times, it's VERY important you keep them insanely well maintained and keep about half a tank of gas in them for storage.

The mags are just hollow bodies with the base as a lid, if you like. Gas can just pour out of the seam between main body and base and there's no way of tightening the seal because it's all held together with push pins and not screws.

Buuttt, M1911 mags might be different in some way or another. Maintaining the mags isn't the hardest thing in the world and gas leaks can always be sorted out in one way or another, so I'd go for it, I love my KJW, don't think I'll ever sell it.

I have a review for it on here in fact, if you want to check it out.

Well the only place I can get the twist from has only one left in stock so it seems the parts may be here before the gun.. Hmm

Well anyone know any other parts I can add? also can anyone find a M1911 compensator in the UK?

And a 5KU blowback unit.

when i first bought my kwa 1911 i wasnt ukara registered so when i got ukara. I sanded down the metal slide with fine sandpaper,wire brushed it wet it then sanded it with wet and dry sandpaper,wiped it,put brasso on it then polish with a lint free cloth until shiny then spray with protector.it fires great and the slide runs smooth.its alot cheaper than buying a new slide

Archived