GBB Pistol Advice

Tariq
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im looking at getting either a KWA GBB or a TM.

KWA being my favoured choice, because i love metal XD

But new to gas stuff. I know the basics etc Gas goes in the mag.. duh! But have some questions on maintenance.

How would i go about maintaining the gun. I've read some guns come "dry" so need lubricating before. I know Green Gas has added silicon but would i need to add pure silicon at first and regular intervals and where?

Also how long should you keep the gas in the mag to get it full on a NS2 system?

Cheers

• Supporters

When the gun comes just squirt some gas in the mags and see if they leak, if it's bad you'll hear it, if you can't hear anything but want to be 100% sure, dunk them under water and there'll be bubbles from the point that's leaking. There's a chance they might not leak, I've never had mags come completely dry. Once that's done, if there's no leaks, you'll be alright to have a test shoot as you'll no doubt be dying to try it anyway lol.

If there are leaks, you can either spray silicone oil into the point of the leak, all the external seams and the valves, or take the mag apart, liberally oil every part of the inside of the mag as well as any screws that hold it together, fasten it all back together and leave it over night. 99% of the time that has worked for me, even when the leaks have been catastrophically bad.

As for maintaining it, as a general rule of thumb, mags should be thoroughly lubricated after every 10 or so fills, do this by spraying silicone over all the valves and keep the mags slightly gassed when not in use.

As for knowing when they're full, you'll be able to hear the gas filling the mag up, when you stop hearing anything or the noise starts to slow down, the mag is full, stop filling immediately or you could burst the seals. It's best to never fully fill your magazines. You should be able to fire off a full mags worth of BBs without the gas running out, most mags will fire at least 2 to 4 times their ammo capacity before needing more gas.

If you have any other questions, you know the forum's URL, just come back and add to this thread.

Cheers

I've ordered a KWA NS2 PTP M226 and should arrive just before christmas

Is that lubricate every 10 mags when using propane or including green gas.

Im gonna be using green gas, and will have some silicon oil included with the gun but will i need anything else. Will the green gas be enough for lubricants?

• Supporters

Personally I would say that green gas will at least keep your mags in good check, but you should still get some lubricant to apply to the slide rails and other moving parts, the trigger mech and hammer region etc. The KWA pistols are meant to be fantastic from what I've heard and read, I wish I was getting a KWA Sig lol.

I wouldn't really worry, any problems that arise can be sorted out after they've occurred, keeping the gun generally well oiled will just help stop it from happening as soon as it otherwise would.

If you play in Woodland and are quite enthusiastic about it, then after each game you might want to strip the gun down and wipe any dust or dirt out of it, it's surprising how easily it can get in there. Other than that, just lube the moving parts once in a while, the mags ought to keep themselves in check if you're using green gas but it can't help to lube them every once in a while as well. Maybe call it once every 30 fills instead of 10?

You'll get to know how your own pistol reacts to these things better than I can tell you right now, especially having never used a KWA, but if you follow the basic outline of what I've said then you can't go wrong.

Ok cool

Yeah i'll be stripping it and giving it a clean with a cloth and what not after periods of use, just wanted to know if i was gonna miss something serious maintenance wise and get my new pistol fubar'd :P

So how would you lube it without green gas? Few drops of sillicon in the bottom of the mag? Or buy some maintenance spray and use that for a mag instead of green gas?

Cheers

• Supporters

I use propane and inject oil into the mag by pouring some on the canister's out-valve every 10 mags and then I also buy 1 can of green gas every now and then just to fill the mags with for storage, green gas is stupidly over priced so if you're going to use the gun a lot it is a good 50% cheaper at least to buy propane and get an adaptor for the bottles.

Aside from lubing the mags interally, I also spray oil on the outside of all the valves and along all the seams, not entirely sure it does anything but it makes me feel better lol.

ha

The pistol turned up this morning. Only shot a few bb's in the hallway but really pleased with it. Looks pretty simple to use and maintain. Came already with some green gas in it. Fired a few and took the top slide off. Saw that there was some lube getting through to the parts so all is good. No leaks etc.

Weight and size is great. Glad i didn't go TM.

Just need to find some more mags and go skirmishing :P

• Supporters

I think action hobbies have mags for it.

I don't like TM either, I just can't stand pistols that ought to be heavy being made of shoddy plastic, it ruins the entire experience and makes the kick on them absolutely pants lol.

Once you've had it a while you ought to add a review in the reviews section, I feel that it's rather empty, I wish more people would make use of it, it's probably the most useful tool on the forum.

Yeah i will do. Will be sometime in the new year till i get to use it properly though

Archived