upgrading tm vsr 10 fps

padraigthesniper
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Can I just lob a question in here? Oops, done it anyway...

But, when people talk about upgrading spring snipers and there's all this, new pistons and sears and springs etc etc. Is the upgrading in general heading towards any other goal aside from upping the FPS?

I feel like upgrading and raising the FPS are basically the same thing...

Do any of the upgrades focus on anything like reliability, or trigger response or anything like that? Or are those sort of things just a given when you're using a fixed spring as a power source?

Don't bother with 6.01, its not as good as wider ones

really what is 603 better

Can I just lob a question in here? Oops, done it anyway...

But, when people talk about upgrading spring snipers and there's all this, new pistons and sears and springs etc etc. Is the upgrading in general heading towards any other goal aside from upping the FPS?

I feel like upgrading and raising the FPS are basically the same thing...

Do any of the upgrades focus on anything like reliability, or trigger response or anything like that? Or are those sort of things just a given when you're using a fixed spring as a power source?

mostly its just about fps and accuracy

• Supporters

The ultimate goal of a sniper rifle is for it to be 3 things:

Accurate

Long Range

Silent

Accuracy is achieved by using heavy BB's, using a good quality hop rubber and barrel and having consistent FPS (quality spring)

Long range is achieved with hop up and raw power.

Silent is achieved with various cheap methods.

You CAN just whack an SP170 spring into the stock TM parts, but the trigger would break within the first day of use.

You can upgrade the piston to be more airtight, lighterweight and stronger with aluminium upgrade parts - there are several available.

Sping is simply more raw power, but bigger is harder to pull and you will make more movement and noise when pulling a larger spring - not good if you are hiding.

Spring guide - get bearings to ease the spring pull, and ones with bearings are always high quality and robust enough to take the pressures of large springs.

Upgrading trigger sears will mean they last longer, but are harder to pull the trigger (and thus less accurate) when using a high- powered spring. This is where a 'Zero Trigger' by Laylax comes in handy - they redesigned the trigger mech to go off easily and accurately. Mine allows me to set off 460fps SP150s by stringing a hair over the trigger and using that to pull it (gives you an idea of how easy it is)

The difference between an AEG and a Sniper rifle in terms of what you want out of it would be the accuracy.

'I want my M4 to hit a man at 50m' is a nice target, and is achievable.

'I want my VSR to allow me to choose where I hit a man at 80m' is also a nice target, but getting those extra 30m of accurate shooting takes a LOT of tweaking, messing and extra power, to allow you to use a heavy BB

this is what you will need to fully upgrade a vsr (i did this for pro not g spec)

Firefly hard hop rubber £23

Action army teflon cylinder and cylinder head £74.95

Firefly piston £44.95

Laylax inner barrel 6.03 £14.95

Laylax barrel spacers £14.95

Laylax hop up unit £59.95

Laylax 150% spring £16.95

Laylax spring guide £24.50

Pdi piston sear £22.95

Pdi trigger sear £39.95

Total £337.10

Archived