Black Mesa

Tariq
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Thinking of making a black mesa security guard outfit.

Just wondering... what vests are available (cheap) that are similar to the ones used in the game?

Barney_sector_c.jpg

Im going to get a black vest but its not going to have huge pockets etc for larger games. Wanting to get a accurate vest for small games for when just using a pistol.

Black mesa logo and security will be patches i will sew on etc.

Also planning on a HECU loadout, and maybe a army loadout from V for vendetta :P

no familiar with the game but by the looks of it you'll need:

blue shirt (have at look at 5.11 ir maybe just a civvie one)

Dark blue trousers (again 5.11 may help)

black belt and hip holster

as for the vest, does it have pockets on it in game as it looks more like a plated bullet proof vest on the screen shot?

and the helmet, if there's another pic would help or just some more info?

also whats budget on this?

Nick

no familiar with the game but by the looks of it you'll need:

blue shirt (have at look at 5.11 ir maybe just a civvie one)

Dark blue trousers (again 5.11 may help)

black belt and hip holster

as for the vest, does it have pockets on it in game as it looks more like a plated bullet proof vest on the screen shot?

and the helmet, if there's another pic would help or just some more info?

also whats budget on this?

Nick

Yeah i was planning on 5.11 for some decent trousers. I'll just wear a standard Shirt i have or buy a cheap one. Won't matter too much as it will be under the vest. + Black Tie

Its purely just a armoured vest on the game, no pockets etc. Belt and holster im getting anyway for my normal load out.

Budget is cheap. Student budget :P Anything under £50 will do. Second hand or first doesnt matter. Might even be willing to pay more, if it looks like its worth getting.

The helmet looks very simmilar to a mich 2000 IMO, which i think you can find cheap.

okay, I think a mich could work quite well,

as for the body armour have a look on eBay as there are some replica body armour vests often refered to as the ones from black hawk down, could be what you're looking for

• Supporters

heres the model using the source engine,

800px-Guard_sds.jpg

Apart from the fact that they dont use assault rifles etc it seems very easy though. just getting the symbol on the vest will be hard i guess. and a place to store ammo.

Im just gonna get a patch for the logo. Will be pretty easy and cheap to get one custom made.

I will be getting a G36K, which won't look too out of place with the whole security force / PMC kind of thing. But its mainly for CQB games when i'll be using a pistol. So just keep a few pistol pouches on my belt or something.

Forgot about the source remake that will come out in 122053107301 years :P

Cheers guys. Will have a look on evilBay soon

this could work quite well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Black-H...=item2eb9f4cfcf

its from HK but shippings not that bad. you could either get some fast mags for a belt or have some pouches on a leg rig

this could work quite well

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tactical-Black-H...=item2eb9f4cfcf

its from HK but shippings not that bad. you could either get some fast mags for a belt or have some pouches on a leg rig

Well this is the jacket I'm going to order for regular games. It looks like the pockets come off so i might see what is like without the pockets. Coincidently its the jacket from Stargate Atlantis, which should make an easy John Sheppard outfit XD

WVESTAC.jpg

I don't think these are removeable but the style is a LAPD one so you may end up looking like a police officer

As i said this if for regular use, not the HL loadout so i won't use it if it doesnt fit.

Found a few on the bay that should do the trick. just gonna get home first before i buy anything :P

thats good matt but the price!

if you want a cheap option go for the ebay bhd vests

Yeah not really looking for Molle. As the price of them will be huge. Could have it as my main vest and take kit off for the loadout but the cost of buying molle and adding the pouches i need will be larger than i want (Have).

As i've said its more of a fun on the side loadout so don't want to put too much money into it

• 3 weeks later...

BUMP

Did end up getting a MOLLE vest in the end. Cheap one though, but its pretty good quality.

Will up some pics once I get my holster, and a shirt. ^_^

Getting some custom patches made aswell. The Mesa logo and an orange SECURITY patch

Currently missing the logo and helmet

mrVDQ.jpg

Only a temp pic till its finished, and i can get out on the field :D

Helmet ordered. Cheap clone M88

Waiting for it to arrive, more pistol mags and my patches which are taking their damn time.

Patches being send Monday :D

All coming together now :D

Also finished a Stargate Atlantis Kit :P

• 3 weeks later...

All done. Did nearly a whole game in it today... at -5 in the snow. Shame I couldn't get any pics. Epic day XD

Although its a shame apparently no-one has played Half Life... well it was an under 18's oriented day.

Archived