Airsoft Forums UK

Making an Airsoft rifle

URSvAir14
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Me and a couple of friends are thinking of putting together our own airsoft sniper rifle. We hope it to be a spring powered rifle built with parts that we will make on our own. We have the equipment to do so.

We want it to use a feed from a magazine but we have no idea on how to do this. We know how to make the magazine it's just making the internals of the gun putting the bbs into the barrel. Also, we have no idea of how to stop the bbs from falling out of the barrel when the gun is pointing down. We think that this will happen but we haven't tested it. If any of you have any ideas on how we could fix either of these things please tell us.

Me and a couple of friends are thinking of putting together our own airsoft sniper rifle. We hope it to be a spring powered rifle built with parts that we will make on our own. We have the equipment to do so.

We want it to use a feed from a magazine but we have no idea on how to do this. We know how to make the magazine it's just making the internals of the gun putting the bbs into the barrel. Also, we have no idea of how to stop the bbs from falling out of the barrel when the gun is pointing down. We think that this will happen but we haven't tested it. If any of you have any ideas on how we could fix either of these things please tell us.

Well first you will need a machine shop or a CNC machine.

Also do you know how hard it will be. Well your first bet would be to start with a VSR base.

Oh and the BB's wil not fall out if you have you hop set.

Well first you will need a machine shop or a CNC machine.

Also do you know how hard it will be. Well your first bet would be to start with a VSR base.

Oh and the BB's wil not fall out if you have you hop set.

Thanks. when you say we must have a hop up set you mean we should install one just above the magazine feed?

First point:

You would be manufacturing a RIF, which is illegal, unless you have a valid defence and subject to a hefty fine and prison sentence if convicted (see VCRA sub forum)

2nd point:

I understand your wish to make something from scratch, however you may be better off buying a doner gun and using the parts, internals from that and constructing your external design from there.

To be honest, if you're unaware of what the hop is and it's primary functions in the gun then you're going to struggle! There's one in every airsoft gun on the market in one form or other. I dread to think what other issues you'll come across not knowing the basics.

well good luck to you,

as for the furniture kits on it, I would suggest wood as its far easier to shape then plastic unless you happen to have pplastic molding equipment near by,

my advice would be to buy the parts and build it up from there and make the odd bit as airsoft parts especially on sniper rifles are so perfectly engeneered it would be hard to remake them

Archived