Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

While its pretty stupid I can understand why, probably not because I'd do something but given where it is on my back I could imagine some kid running up and going "is that real?" and the pulling it out and slicing a bit of my ear off!

• Supporters

There is that I spose, Nick, but I feel sure that a well timed, "Gerroff ya knob!", would take care of that possibility. We're not supposed to carry any knives at my local site, but there's absolutely no way on earth that I'm going to run around woods without the means to pry splinters etc. out of my flesh, should the need arise. As it happens a common use my lock knife gets is poking BB's that have jammed in the top of G36 mags out, but I'd feel naked without it for all sorts of tasks which would otherwise require a trip back to the safe zone. It's not like the owners haven't seen me use it either... still it isn't as long as my forearm lol!

Mashed up a new loadout for a milsim down at Copehill Down. Wasn't really supposed to resemble anything in particular but when it's done it should look PMCish. I'm thinking black vest, OD trousers and a tan/black shirt. I know PMC's mainly use tan but it's not very useful in woodland.

post-993-0-23780300-1365440791_thumb.png

post-993-0-62095000-1365440822_thumb.png

post-993-0-36662100-1365440925_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

this is my new loadout going for a badguy with an l85 look lol

stuck with the webbing added a few us pouches and a couple extra 58 pattern pouches, just need a couple of grenade pouches and thats sorted

gorka... because

and l85 with cheapo hawke red dot and barrel mounted flash light because i spent the money i would spend on the front rail kit on the gorka :D

imageyte.th.jpg

im pretty chuffed with it

• Supporters

I like the gorka, but it doesn't arf look new! Not so sure about '58 pattern webbing with it...

I have to ask... what does the person who paid for that carpet think about your boots having dirt on them?

the gorka is very new and im sure its nothing a game in woodland wont sort out, the webbing is more for comfort i have tried a few vests/chest rigs etc i cant seem to get comfortable in them

what you dont see is the boot shaped tissue lol

• Supporters

Yeah, there's always the cost of current Russian issue gear to consider too. As in 'considered it - thought "when i win the lottery" and bought something else'.

UBACS looks very Rainbow Six Vegas IMO! I actually quite like it!

• Supporters

my first go at a loadout :D (i know the ubacs needs annother go at dye'ing it)

attachicon.gifIMG_0218-1.jpg

any thoughts/suggestions?

You'll only get dye to take on the cotton portion of the fabric - if the sleeves are the usual 40/60 polycotton then 40% of it will not dye. Of course the moisture wicking bit is all manmade polymers so that won't dye at all. It may stain due to dying, but that will wash off pretty soon. Basically, whatever colour you want, that's the colour you need to either buy or make.

Still, I have a DPM jacket that was dyed before it came to me, I think with black. You can still see all the colours but they are just a lot darker. It may have been dark green dye though, because the green seems to have changed shade as well as light vs dark. Whatever... it's unusual and looks pretty cool. Really good night camo (like better than anything I've ever (not) seen)!

• Supporters

Mine and Beccas loadouts from this weekend just gone

fb9ff872-ad3a-4013-a1e9-fea4cd9568e3_zpsbf6a8bb8.jpg

Kitphots_4_zps260b996b.jpg

• Supporters

Something like that :P nah I was pulling a weird face, so decided to black it out

• Supporters

Maybe that's why special forces always black out their faces, not for security reasons but just because they're pulling silly faces...? :lol:

A lot of them seem to have comedy moustaches...

My British mercenary loadout:

39979249823539689167423.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Supporters

I So wish i Had Woodland DPM that Fitted me =( you look a little weighed down in this Pic Ian Geuss your Not a High Speed Low Drag Guy then?

• Supporters

you look a little weighed down in this Pic Ian Geuss your Not a High Speed Low Drag Guy then?

Not so you'd notice, no! I can't move that fast anyway, due to health issues, so I may as well carry lots of toys. Although, just after this was taken, I stripped my kit right down because I was having a mini freak out - I was wearing new contact lenses (1 eye for distance, 1 eye for close up - I didn't think it would work, but the optometrist insisted that it's a viable solution to a prescription for astigmatism and varifocals - it was ok a few days before, travelling, but shit I felt so ill skirmishing in 'em!).

I So wish i Had Woodland DPM that Fitted me =(

I've heard this from a few ppl. I'm not an easy shape to clothe, but I do ok with military clothes, especially British gear.

5'10", Chest 42", Waist: 36", Inside Leg 29.5" Hat Size 7 Glove Size 9 so the correct sizes for me are -

Top: 180/104 Kecks: 80/92/108 Hat: 57 Gloves: Medium but...

My arms are long so 180/104 shirts are just ok,180/112 are better and I need the bigger jacket or coat; but then the shoulders aren't quite right and the chest is loose.

Kecks always have arse-sag, because my derriere thinks it's a decade younger than my gut and, for some unknown reason, CS95 kecks do not reach down to my ankles properly, despite their marked size being correct, so I have to wear them tucked into my boots (which I would do anyway, but the choice would be nice). Size 85/92/108 produces completely unacceptable arse-sag and are much harder to find than 85/92/112 which are like 'kin jodhpurs on me!

A 57 hat is too tight over my hair, so I need a 58, which is then slightly loose.

I need Large gloves because, although my hands are slim (medium width), they are long, so they always slip about unless I do them up really tight at the wrists, which makes my hands sweat and my wrists itch with prickly heat...

My point is that military clothes don't fit anyone exactly, you just have to get the best fit for you. They do often fit better than the random XS/S/M/L/XL/2XL of civilian clothes however, because the sizes are generally trustworthy and don't change from manufacturer to manufacturer. If you're not sure what sizes you need, check this.

He can't show his face for fear of the Communists discovering his true identity. His accomplice however fears no man or woman... Only penguins

Fair enough penguins are tough little suckers, biting flapping and crapping on you......

Wasn't sure whether to post this in the gun thread, the what have you just bought thread, or here...

The mask arrived to day to complete my ultra, ultra, ultra lightweight rig :D Just add jeans and t-shirt :D

post-6449-0-27643400-1367229520_thumb.jpg

Yup..that was the plan :D I guess I might have a belt and holster for the Sig too...but that's it.

The mask is a NOB Heavy Duty Full Face Mask from Tiger111HK. http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p4409/NOB-Heavy-Duty-FULL-Face-Mask-with-Anti-Fog-Lens-(BK)/product_info.html

I am pretty sure it's meant to be a Save Phace clone. They are certainly very similar in terms of appearance, At least as much as I can tell from photos. The best thing is that it fits over my hipster glasses and seems to be pretty good on the fogging front! :D

Yup..that was the plan :D I guess I might have a belt and holster for the Sig too...but that's it.

The mask is a NOB Heavy Duty Full Face Mask from Tiger111HK. http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/p4409/NOB-Heavy-Duty-FULL-Face-Mask-with-Anti-Fog-Lens-(BK)/product_info.html

hehehe :D