Nutster

Load-Out Pics

2637 posts in this topic

Well here it is, theres still a few more things im going to change and add, they just havent arrived in the post yet.

post-5019-0-76441300-1361725509_thumb.jpg

TPI likes this

Might want to get some shoes ;)

Otherwise it looks pretty good. I don't think the face mask really takes that much away from it. Certainly a better first loadout than what I started with.

Nickona likes this

Yeah, I like it too, Cpn. DA. I think the vest looks a bit big on you though - is it already adjusted as tight as it gets?

Also, strictly for posing, you might try wearing what these days is called a "headover" by some companies, ie a tube of T-shirt material, in black, around your neck - it'll get too hot during skirmishes but the complete covering will look the dog's bollocks - they are pretty good instead of a scarf you might wear ordinarily too mind you.

I'd go with boots as high as you can get with those kecks tucked into them. I always recommend German Para Boots, because they are indestructible, but they're not gentle on feet that are used to trainers. You might want to check Ronnie Sunshine's on fleabay because they're having a clearance sale on Magnum Panther 8.0's.

Looks a bit too clean and new :D but apart from that, nice loadout!!

Magnum boots would go nicely with that!

Crap I knew I'd forgotten something Ed... ;)

I still have to adjust a few more straps Ian but it doesn't help that I'm 6 foot 2 and really skinny, hopefully it will be fine once I finish adjusting everything! If not ill have to take a few trips to Burger King and fatten up! Hahaha. I'm still waiting for my holster and dumb pouch to arrive, then it should be complete for the time being.

I like the idea about the head over thing aswell, I might order a buff online, I saw someone with one last time I went to a skirmish and it looks perfect for what I need it for.

I've been searching the web for hours and I defiantly like the magnum boots, the only problem is none are in stock anywhere for my size feet :(

Cheers for the feedback lads!

Looks neat and concise, invested in top quality eye pro, can't go wrong really.

The majority of tac gear has (historically at least) been designed for pretty huge blokes, I had the same issue for a long time when I started out. I'd advise avoiding any sort of a vest (i.e. something that doesn't hold plates and isn't a chest rig) because the original designs of those tend to stem from gear that's meant to be worn over the top of armour. Chest rigs are better for tightening down, flecktarn.co.uk sell a couple of very high quality options by BULLE which are also very affordable.

Possibly not in black, but tan and black looks pretty ballin'

I got home about 20 minutes ago, scanned through my vest and discovered 3 straps on the inside I hadn't found before. Tightened them up and it fits my perfectly now! Thanks anyway mate!

What size feet have you got, Cap'n?

Yeah far better than my first load out!

I have spent LOTS of kit in the last year trying to get it right and hoe i want it. only took me 13 months!

My first load out: Very much thrown together.

IMG_0271.jpg

New(ish)

SASSam_zpscb1ea12b.jpg

Now use Desert Lowas and Tru-spec tri colour combats.

Your in the same boot as me then I'm struggling to find a Size 10 set of Magnum's anywhere that's not outrageous price's!

CaptainDumbass likes this

Ronnie Sunshine's have 2 pairs of size 10 Magnum Panther 8.0's left - coincidence or spooky? You decide... [cue X Files Theme]

50 notes - best price I've seen for ordinary sizes brand new

I was thinking of getting some myself but my spare money is done for the time being.

CaptainDumbass likes this

Here's my Flecktarn sniper loadout.

post-6210-0-77299400-1361831035_thumb.jpg

post-6210-0-74590400-1361831061_thumb.jpg

Looking good, ZDM. Shame about the 2-tone. Have you considered making a flecktarn bag that fits exactly over your rifle's furniture and velcros tight?

Camo tape it. Is non permanent so does not violate VCRA. (as long as you remove it after the game)

He's lucky to even have a sniper!! We have to be over 18 where I play :(

Thanks for the link by the way Ian! I think I'll pick up a pair of those panthers you were talking about! Haven't found a pair so cheap anywhere!

More than enough space to carry all the crap I need :P

C0E1D235-297E-4311-A9F6-039898262A75-285

And added my patch from the Airsoft show :)

611ABFC8-C0FD-43C3-8D23-B395C87A8FDD-285

rexfan10 likes this

Looking good, ZDM. Shame about the 2-tone. Have you considered making a flecktarn bag that fits exactly over your rifle's furniture and velcros tight?

Sorry for long reply, I was thinking about buying some Flecktarn camo tape. The amount of people who said they noticed me because of that gun :(

New to this forum (woo first post!) so I thought I'd post up my current loadout. It's not finished and I haven't fielded it yet but I think it's going to do well.

The helmet still needs a NV mount, a counter balance at the back and maybe an IR strobe on the top... maybe.

I need to replace all that nasty multicam with a ranger green or OD equivalent, the only reason I have it is because I got it sooo cheap... Well I picked it up with the plate carrier, which is an Eagle Industries one. The A pos patch needs to go, I need an O neg one instead... And I need to hit the gym too.

Oh and excuse the jeans, they're not actually part of it. I'm just waiting on some marpats, not sure about the hoodie though. I kind of like it.

IMG_7367_zps1d5b285b.jpg

IMG_7369_zps9e24b13d.jpg

IMG_7370_zpsffb7ca4f.jpg

IMG_7372_zpsf1a4c2a1.jpg

Sorry for long reply, I was thinking about buying some Flecktarn camo tape. The amount of people who said they noticed me because of that gun :(

Yeah, that's not good for a sniper - but i was more concerned with how nasty it looks next to ur loadout. The reason I suggest using a bag made to fit your gun exactly, like a skin almost, is because you could use velcro to close it and open it. That way it would come off easily so that when you're not skirmishing with it you'll have no problems with it being a modified RIF. I don't know if sniper tape even comes in flecktarn, but the stuff which is just like a crepe bandage doesn't cover a gun well enough to hide that hideous lime green and the sticky stuff is far too expensive to use fresh every time.

Actually sticky woodland camouflage sniper tape is a bit crap for colours too - the light green especially doesn't look like any shade of foliage i've ever seen in a temperate woodland lol! A greenhouse of exotic orchids perhaps, or maybe it's supposed to blend in against a seam of malachite poking out of boulders in some woods!

If you keep an eye on fleabay you should be able to get a size 7585/0005 flecktarn shirt for about a fiver inc P&P - one sleeve is almost exactly what you need. Can you sew?

Come to think of it, I've got a spare German shirt in the cupboard and a 'kin sewing machine. If you want me to do one for you, PM me as I'll need some measurements.

Welcome to the forum, Ragemelon. I think you've got a point about the hoodie... except it must be too hot to skirmish in. Love the scrim; is it an actual scarf or a piece of load net? (again too hot for running around in, mind u).

Oh and edit: it's good to see somebody else who starts out taking their knees and elbows seriously! My advice - take protecting your feet equally seriously - get waterproof military boots.

Edited by Ian_Gere

I thought so too, but it's one of the bits of kit I'm wearing there that I have skirmished with before, it's surprisingly breathable. I don't think the scrim is supposed to be a scarf, but it works as one and it's incredibly lightweight and because it's like netting it doesn't really get hot but still protects from the worst of bb's. I think it's a webtex one, though I can't remember. I bought it at Airsoft Billericay.

The knee pads are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn, I think they're the pantac x-force pads (bought em second hand and they're unmarked) and they don't slide around or restrict movement and they're held on by clips instead of the traditional velcro set up, though the straps do have velcro to adjust them. They're great, padded and easy to get on and off. Shame the elbow ones aren't quite the same, they don't have the clips but they're easy enough to slide off but they do stay quite well.

I already have some boots but they're a bit of an older style, they don't really fit with the rest of my loadout. I'm looking for a newer looking pair, any recommendations? I was thinking something like Magnum classics or stealth but the price tag is a bit...

Edit: Google says the scrim net is a web-tex 1x1 scrim net scarf so I guess it is a scarf! I got it in a camo/od colour but it's not really too different to plain ones. You're right about the knees though, makes a huge difference esp. in woodland.