Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

I would get the E Tool just to go with the Impression

Yep, its all about the looks, the stuff I have on my SAW and kit that is of no use what so ever but it looks good and better complete's the impression :)

• Supporters

This is the current WIP loadout:

DSC_2748.jpg

It isn't based on anything, and YES I do know that having any form of Union Jack on MARPAT is some sort of massive crime against humanity but I'm a baws so I don't care.

Got a few bits left to do. Need a drop-leg panel so I can relocate the holster and pistol mag pouch (and then add some more), I don't like them on my chest, they're stacked on top of a command panel and its just bulky.

Want to get hold of some woodland gloves and some olive knee pads, also planning to build a very swish looking helmet.

Need some stuff for the back of the RICAS but as that isn't pictured I won't worry about listing it all right now. Also thinking about whether or not I need a chest sling.

And finally, patches. Lots and lots of patches.

I will get some better photos taken outside, but here isa photo of my helmet/head setup so far:

Ops Core Tactical helmet in Multicam

Smith Optics Elite Boogie Regulator googles

Smith Optics Elite Boogie Bungee cord and rail attachments

MSA Sordin 75328 Supreme Pro

2 x PVC Multicam St.Georges cross

I think in time when the helmet gets worn I will installed a CP cover on to it. I am not too keen to cover the helmet in velco, just want to keep it simple for now.

post-5675-0-52004200-1364071607_thumb.jpeg

• Supporters

How do you rate the boogie regulators? (Gotta be the coolest name going for goggles :P)

How do you rate the boogie regulators? (Gotta be the coolest name going for goggles :P)

Well they sit nicely and work well as they have a ventilation system in the lens. Looks good too, lets boogie!

post-6449-0-48043100-1364208959_thumb.jpg

This is what I am calling my Bug Out Loadout. The basic premise is only to take what I can fit in my bug out bag :)

Pictured is a Mil-Com 30l Molle Daysack, A Viper tactical belt and pistol pouch. A KJW p229r(?) An ASG Mac 10 and of course a mid sized emergency kit ;)

The emergency kit which is by no means complete contains: Approx 12 feet of paracord, fire striker and cotton balls for tinder, button compass, craft knife, credit card sized multi-tool, safety pins, mini cable ties, space blanket, anti-bacterial wipes and various medical supplies. I will be adding some painkillers, a mini torch and a decent mini multi tool will replace some of the other stuff at some point.

Not pictured is a face mask which is yet to be delivered and various airsoft sundries inside the bag...gas, BB's, silicon spray, towel, torch etc.

When Z-Day happens for real I will just replace the 229 and the Mac 10 with a crowbar, hammer and some MRE's. :D

I just did a balistic test at 500fps at point blank range.....good news not a scratch but shattered bb's. Piece of mind. I have a set of guarder glasses, which they tested with a real shotgun at three feet, again piece of mind for when i am airsofting as you only have one set of eyes!

• Supporters

Cheers dino, might grab a set for the summer :)

• Supporters

This is what I am calling my Bug Out Loadout. The basic premise is only to take what I can fit in my bug out bag :)

When Z-Day happens for real I will just replace the 229 and the Mac 10 with a crowbar, hammer and some MRE's. :D

I love that idea and reading some of t'internet's conspiracy sites is simultaneously some of the most mind expanding verbiage and the most surreal comedy available. I've thought about it. Not zombies, the collapse of the US dollar. I wonder, would it be best to be prepared for as much as possible, or go as lightweight as possible?

The thing about survival is that even a single night in a hastily made shelter and basically relying on a mylar blanket to retain body heat, while the ground, via damp insulation foliage, is sucking the heat out of you, is a 'kin nightmare. Unless you're in excellent physical condition, literally one cold damp night can take so much out of you that any advantage you gain in increased mobility, through carrying less, is more than lost by lack of energy...

Are you going to skirmish carrying your day pack?

No I probably won't wear it. I play pretty tight CQB and it will just get in the way.

I'm a bit of a zombie geek so it's just my way of expanding my role playing universe. I use the day pack for when I take the dog out for a long walk, sans airsoft stuff of course :D

I'm not actually a prepper but I do like to be prepared if I'm going to be out walking for a day. I have just ordered a Bear Grylls Compact multi tool to finish the emergency kit and I think I will get a cheap tarp and maybe a hammock to put in the bag too.

• Supporters

Yeah, on the few occasions I think about Scenario X, I feel a sense of security in having the gear I'd need :) like kevlar, SAPI plates, respirator & mil-spec filters... a sword ffs!

I think you should give skirmishing wearing it a go. See how well you can adapt. Push the role play...

Oh yeah, and you can get surplus DPM tarps on fleabay for about £20 usually.

Yeah I guess I should wear it. Will be going for civilian clothing including a body warmer to soak up the hits :D

Cheers for the tarp tip. Will look out for one. Or I might hold true to the civvy aspect and just get a typical garden tarp.

• Supporters

Garden tarps are heavier and not so fire resistant, mate. Plus army tarps can be press studded together in a way that keeps rain from leaking through, and they pack smaller. Something else you might be interested in is Czechoslovakian military surplus bedding roll with bivvi bag. It's a 3 layer system and cheap from a few peeps on fleabay. If you add a £10 civvi sleeping bag to it, it'd be good for 4 seasons. Well, with a foam mat anyway...

Oh yeah, tip on foam mats: you can spend a 'kin fortune on them, but what you get for the extra money over a £10 one isn't as much as you get from buying a really crap £5 summer type (that is frankly not much use on its own for anything) and gaffer taping (like duct tape but black, £5/roll) the two together along their edges. You could do the north face of the Eiger with one like that for £20...

893409_10152689411825206_1571089966_o.jp

group shot :)

In the nicest way possible, you sound like you're talking to us with a mouthful of cotton.

Got some nice gear though, better than I was using when I had two tones. I was using assault vests still.

• Supporters

I have the exact same issue as juni0r will attest. I've sold every plate carrier I've ever had as all were much too big, even my warrior dcs past its minimum setting by a few inches was still too big.

Its a royal pain in the arse, I've just ditched them all together now.

ha, similar problem here, my friends are all..."larger" than me so they wear vests and carriers fine but for me I had to find a "skinny-man" mod for the 6094A PC (only a chinese one by TMC) which required me to use a few cable ties and stuff, it was pretty annoying. even a Bulle chestrig was too big. I also have a viper molle belt which is also a little too large for me, but just a small bit.

I have the exact same issue as juni0r will attest. I've sold every plate carrier I've ever had as all were much too big, even my warrior dcs past its minimum setting by a few inches was still too big.

Its a royal pain in the arise, I've just ditched them all together now.

Yes the DCS now sits in my kit bag!! HAHAHA Fits me perfectly so must mean i am a fat bastard!