Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Ronnie Sunshine's have 2 pairs of size 10 Magnum Panther 8.0's left - coincidence or spooky? You decide... [cue X Files Theme]

50 notes - best price I've seen for ordinary sizes brand new

I was thinking of getting some myself but my spare money is done for the time being.

• Supporters

Looking good, ZDM. Shame about the 2-tone. Have you considered making a flecktarn bag that fits exactly over your rifle's furniture and velcros tight?

Camo tape it. Is non permanent so does not violate VCRA. (as long as you remove it after the game)

He's lucky to even have a sniper!! We have to be over 18 where I play :(

Thanks for the link by the way Ian! I think I'll pick up a pair of those panthers you were talking about! Haven't found a pair so cheap anywhere!

• Supporters

More than enough space to carry all the crap I need :P

C0E1D235-297E-4311-A9F6-039898262A75-285

And added my patch from the Airsoft show :)

611ABFC8-C0FD-43C3-8D23-B395C87A8FDD-285

Looking good, ZDM. Shame about the 2-tone. Have you considered making a flecktarn bag that fits exactly over your rifle's furniture and velcros tight?

Sorry for long reply, I was thinking about buying some Flecktarn camo tape. The amount of people who said they noticed me because of that gun :(

New to this forum (woo first post!) so I thought I'd post up my current loadout. It's not finished and I haven't fielded it yet but I think it's going to do well.

The helmet still needs a NV mount, a counter balance at the back and maybe an IR strobe on the top... maybe.

I need to replace all that nasty multicam with a ranger green or OD equivalent, the only reason I have it is because I got it sooo cheap... Well I picked it up with the plate carrier, which is an Eagle Industries one. The A pos patch needs to go, I need an O neg one instead... And I need to hit the gym too.

Oh and excuse the jeans, they're not actually part of it. I'm just waiting on some marpats, not sure about the hoodie though. I kind of like it.

IMG_7367_zps1d5b285b.jpg

IMG_7369_zps9e24b13d.jpg

IMG_7370_zpsffb7ca4f.jpg

IMG_7372_zpsf1a4c2a1.jpg

• Supporters

Sorry for long reply, I was thinking about buying some Flecktarn camo tape. The amount of people who said they noticed me because of that gun :(

Yeah, that's not good for a sniper - but i was more concerned with how nasty it looks next to ur loadout. The reason I suggest using a bag made to fit your gun exactly, like a skin almost, is because you could use velcro to close it and open it. That way it would come off easily so that when you're not skirmishing with it you'll have no problems with it being a modified RIF. I don't know if sniper tape even comes in flecktarn, but the stuff which is just like a crepe bandage doesn't cover a gun well enough to hide that hideous lime green and the sticky stuff is far too expensive to use fresh every time.

Actually sticky woodland camouflage sniper tape is a bit crap for colours too - the light green especially doesn't look like any shade of foliage i've ever seen in a temperate woodland lol! A greenhouse of exotic orchids perhaps, or maybe it's supposed to blend in against a seam of malachite poking out of boulders in some woods!

If you keep an eye on fleabay you should be able to get a size 7585/0005 flecktarn shirt for about a fiver inc P&P - one sleeve is almost exactly what you need. Can you sew?

Come to think of it, I've got a spare German shirt in the cupboard and a 'kin sewing machine. If you want me to do one for you, PM me as I'll need some measurements.

• Supporters

Welcome to the forum, Ragemelon. I think you've got a point about the hoodie... except it must be too hot to skirmish in. Love the scrim; is it an actual scarf or a piece of load net? (again too hot for running around in, mind u).

Oh and edit: it's good to see somebody else who starts out taking their knees and elbows seriously! My advice - take protecting your feet equally seriously - get waterproof military boots.

Edited by Ian_Gere

I thought so too, but it's one of the bits of kit I'm wearing there that I have skirmished with before, it's surprisingly breathable. I don't think the scrim is supposed to be a scarf, but it works as one and it's incredibly lightweight and because it's like netting it doesn't really get hot but still protects from the worst of bb's. I think it's a webtex one, though I can't remember. I bought it at Airsoft Billericay.

The knee pads are the most comfortable ones I've ever worn, I think they're the pantac x-force pads (bought em second hand and they're unmarked) and they don't slide around or restrict movement and they're held on by clips instead of the traditional velcro set up, though the straps do have velcro to adjust them. They're great, padded and easy to get on and off. Shame the elbow ones aren't quite the same, they don't have the clips but they're easy enough to slide off but they do stay quite well.

I already have some boots but they're a bit of an older style, they don't really fit with the rest of my loadout. I'm looking for a newer looking pair, any recommendations? I was thinking something like Magnum classics or stealth but the price tag is a bit...

Edit: Google says the scrim net is a web-tex 1x1 scrim net scarf so I guess it is a scarf! I got it in a camo/od colour but it's not really too different to plain ones. You're right about the knees though, makes a huge difference esp. in woodland.

• Supporters

Yeah mate, see the thing with me is i grew up in the 70's and, truthfully, i doubt you'd believe how uninterested the average parent was in preventing their children, especially boys, from getting injured. I'm not exaggerating for comic effect, seriously i remember overhearing one of my mum's friends commenting that her son also wanted to wear jeans instead of shorts (as i'd requested - they were gossing later) and she said no, what would be the point? They'd only have holes in the knees straight away and they'd have to be washed every time they were worn to get the blood stains out.

You might imagine that this would have led to us being cautious, but exactly the opposite was the case. I expect that my parents would have been investigated by social services these days, even if we were just counting the number of hospital attendances which legitimately had nothing to do with wounds sustained as a result of adult violence (which, you must understand, was a lot more prevalent and acceptable than now). The trouble is that when i'm airsofting a large part of my psyche seems to revert back to childhood game mode... which I believe is doing my head all kinds of good, it's just that my body is not just 44, the years in between have seen some hard usage...

Skirmishing quite often puts me in bed for a day or three afterwards, due to aggravating injuries which i medicate into numbness in order to participate in the first place lol, but my liver just can't sustain that degree of poisoning on a daily basis - if I didn't use pads i couldn't throw myself around with anything approaching the carefree abandon i enjoy, well, without fooking myself up anyway. I'm not going to do the usual "kids these days...", i think it goes to show that we, as a generation, did remarkably well at spotting the faults of our parents when we were repeating them and as a result civilisation has jumped by an order of magnitude, that today's youth aren't typically brutalised to the point of not only accepting needless injury but adopting the tried and tested emotional coping strategy of turning a necessity into a virtue.

When i see a young airsofter wearing both pads on their knees and with elbow pads and full finger gloves, i think "there's a kid who intends to have some fun and knows how to go about it!" - makes me smile.

Edit to add: lol i hadn't intended a long waffle, i mainly meant to reply that u should check out Ronnie Sunshine's on fleabay - they are having a clearance sale of Magnum Panther 8's :)

Yeah, that's not good for a sniper - but i was more concerned with how nasty it looks next to ur loadout. The reason I suggest using a bag made to fit your gun exactly, like a skin almost, is because you could use velcro to close it and open it. That way it would come off easily so that when you're not skirmishing with it you'll have no problems with it being a modified RIF. I don't know if sniper tape even comes in flecktarn, but the stuff which is just like a crepe bandage doesn't cover a gun well enough to hide that hideous lime green and the sticky stuff is far too expensive to use fresh every time.ome measurements.

Actually, I found some Flecktarn camo tape on Amazon for £9.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/MFH-FLECKTARN-CAMO-FABRIC-TAPE/dp/B003WJEFL6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1362231405&sr=8-1

The woodland camo tape on my gun is actually latex, so it sticks to itself and not the gun, so I can just slide it off when I have to.

Talking about your gun sleeve idea, I actually like the idea of that and I might try that. I actually have a Flecktarn shirt in my wardrobe somewhere, so I'll use that but thanks for offering :)

886754_10152609694735206_279766336_o.jpg

that does seem to be the problem with cameras, in person its alot darker and harder to see my face under the mask

Hmm, it might just be the way it's positioned. I only got it a few days ago and still haven't properly adjusted it, there's still plenty of slack even though it's an XL but I'm not.

It seems to fit pretty well though

I don't understand all this obsession with heavy gear...

Although I am used to an extremely lightweight setup. But seriously, during field excersizes lasting 2-3 days in cadets, I found it painful enough to carry just enough rations for 24 hrs and my brew kit, let alone ammunition. Although I suppose if you were only 'softing for 2-3 hours then heavy equipment wouldn't matter.

• Supporters

I like carrying lotsa toys - and the weight makes for more of a workout per step!

But it's mainly about the toys - I've got a speedloader shaped like an IR strobe / @least twice the size of a pistol mag sized one and it holds about the same number of BB's lol!

TBH, for pretty much most scenarios, I could cut my loadout down to just eyepro, boots, BDU, knee pads, gloves, AEG & 1 spare hicap in a pocket, without compromising my effectiveness. Add elbow pads and a 2nd spare hicap and that's every scenario covered.

I like carrying lotsa toys - and the weight makes for more of a workout per step!

But it's mainly about the toys - I've got a speedloader shaped like an IR strobe / @least twice the size of a pistol mag sized one and it holds about the same number of BB's lol!

TBH, for pretty much most scenarios, I could cut my loadout down to just eyepro, boots, BDU, knee pads, gloves, AEG & 1 spare hicap in a pocket, without compromising my effectiveness. Add elbow pads and a 2nd spare hicap and that's every scenario covered.

Having the bear minimum is just boring :D

To be air I have gone down to just a belt for big woodland games as the SAW more than makes up for the weight, but I still use the RAV for whenever the game might get a bit close or I feel like looking cool :D

Okay, Here's mine :)

883245_10151552385821060_1650499707_o.jp

Top to bottom

Hat - Helikon Patrol Cap Coyote Brown

Eyewaer - HeroShark Mako (I had to do a complete respray job on these!)

Mask - Strike Tan mask

Jacket - Web-Tex Waterproof Tactical Soft Shell Jacket OD/Green

Vest - NO NAME cheap Chines Coyote Brown

Oakley Factory Pilot Coyote Brown Gloves

King Arms Oberland Arms OA-15 M7 (Custom spray job)

8 130rd Midcaps

WE Glock 18C + 3 WE Mags

Weekend Warrior Drop Leg Holster

Claw Gear Cadpat trousers

:)