Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

yep, i had a spare holster, so i thought WTH :rolleyes:

Marcus, for a sniper you're especially camoflauged in all that black :P

• Supporters

Yes I know :D

I wasn't sure at first either but it didn't seem to matter, people still had problems seeing me- ask Steve, and he was marshalling lol :P

It was hot anyway, I don't cope well in heat so I was going as light as possible

Yes I know :D

I wasn't sure at first either but it didn't seem to matter, people still had problems seeing me- ask Steve, and he was marshalling lol :P

It was hot anyway, I don't cope well in heat so I was going as light as possible

There is this magical colour called green and I've heard rumours that they make t-shirts from it???

There is this magical colour called green and I've heard rumours that they make t-shirts from it???

They make t-shirts from colours now?!

I gotta get me one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Right then, been away from the gear for a while, so here's the actual gear segregated from the great big stack pictured in the 'Just bought' thread. Stripped out all the guns, mags, optics and knives and here's what's left. Couple of accessories in there, but hopefully you guys can let those slide just this once.

IMG_0032.jpg

• Arc'Teryx Talos Half Shell/Combat shirt
  • Crye Gen 3 Combat trousers
  • Propper ATACS-FG TAC-U/Combat shirt
  • Tac Research Khyber Combat boots
  • FirstSpear SAPI Cut Strandhögg Plate Carrier
  • Blue Force Gear Vickers Combat Applications Sling (padded version w/ polymer hardware)
  • Salomon EXIT 2 AEROs
  • Source 2L WXP Hydro
  • RS Rail Vertical Grip
  • 2 x Under Armour Heatgear T-Shirts
  • Patrol Incident Gear 2L Hydro pouch
  • BFG Helium Whisper Medium Vertical Utility
  • Arc'Teryx B.A.C.
  • ATS Warbelt Insert
  • Tac Tailor Fight Light Battle Belt
  • Tac Tailor FL 4-Point Battle Belt Harness
  • Pantac 15m Paracord bundle
  • RS XTM Panels
  • 2 x Under Armour Heatgear Blackout gloves
  • Magpul MS3
  • 2 x HSGI Pistol Mag pouches
  • 2 x BFG HW Smoke Grenade pouches
  • Tac Tailor FL Roll-Up Dump pouch
  • BFG HW Double Pistol Mag pouch
  • SKD Tac version HSGI Universal Drop Holster Platform
  • Pantac cordura wallet
  • Camelbak Vent gloves
  • Inforce WML
  • Streamlight TLR-1
  • BFG HW Triple M4 Pouch
  • Bridgedale Coolmax + Bamboo viscose Crew socks

Not pictured - 5.11 Neoprene knee pads and FirstSpear/American Apparel T-Shirt. Any questions/queries/'wtf are you doing you mentalist' comments anybody has please do fire away.

Getting military discount with FirstSpear and finding the Crye G3s brand new for less than half the retail price helped quite a bit.

• Supporters

F**K ME :o

That's a lot of multicam :D

II'm half-way through your strandhogg video right now, looks like a brilliant piece of kit, and I hope more developments in the tube and 6/12 systems come out in the future. It does look like a great advancement on previous pieces of kit. Great video as always too :)

God i'd love to sift through all that :lol:

• Supporters

Lol that is a lot of MC but i must say my kit is all MC apart from my PC which is Coyote.

• Supporters
II'm half-way through your strandhogg video right now, looks like a brilliant piece of kit, and I hope more developments in the tube and 6/12 systems come out in the future. It does look like a great advancement on previous pieces of kit. Great video as always too :)

Cheers. If you're interested in the 6/12 stuff I'd recommend checking out the FS website to see their new low-pro chest rig and watching out for it at retailers. Not sure if it'll ever make it across to the UK, but it's about $70 which is an awful lot more reasonable to most than the Strandhogg at $400, heh.

Lol that is a lot of MC but i must say my kit is all MC apart from my PC which is Coyote.

Yeah fair one, that picture does make it look like an awful lot when you lay it out flat like that. :lol: I've actually got more kit that's not MC at this point though, it's just older and far less gucci.

My Loadout is a Woodland/OD mix. mainly consists of Viper products.

post-5268-1340731933_thumb.jpg

post-5268-1340732249_thumb.jpg

*Jeep Hat (OD)

*Viper Tactical Googles (Black)

*Shemagh (OD/Black)

*Guarder G-T Frontier Assault Vest (OD)

*Viper Spec Ops Shirt (British DPM)

*Soldier 95 Trousers (British DPM)

*Mil-Com Patrol Boots (Black)

*Viper Neoprene Elbow and Knee pads (OD)

*Viper Spec Ops Gloves (OD)

*Viper Tactical Belt (OD)

*Viper Spec Ops Drop leg Holster (OD)

*Viper Spec Ops Drop Leg Dump Bag (OD)

*Viper Tactical Pistol Lanyard (OD)

• Supporters

helmetclassicsoldiercro.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's me in my cold wet weather kit:

MK6 Helmet & Cover

OD Skrim

MK IV NBC jacket

Web-Tex DPM Vest (the rarer type with multi-tool and torch pouches)

95 Pattern JACKET DPM COMBAT LIGHTWEIGHT worn as a shirt

Remploy TROUSERS MAN'S WATERPROOF Moisture Vapour Permeable

95 Pattern TROUSERS DPM COMBAT LIGHTWEIGHT

Viper Security Belt Black

US style DPM Water Bottle Pouch, plastic water bottle & aluminium cup.

Custom Bum-Rig (Wilkinsons' gardeners kneeling pad, Web-Tex elastic, permanent markers camo)

KH Mountain Elbow & Knee Pads

German Para Boots

Generic Hiking Socks

M&S pants & thin socks (the foundation of outdoor gear - comfy shreddies!)

Sadly I'm carrying an M4 in this shot, but in my defence, I was doing so to see how I liked the feel of them before I knew any better (and it is an ICS).

Since then I've added Pyrohide gloves and a Web-Tex 3L Hydration pack.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Looking mean, Lee!

Here is my loadout I used at The Outpost last Sunday.

cover2.jpg

Gear:

(top to bottom)

- A-TACS Propper Boonie

- Mesh goggles

- Green Shmegh

- OD T-Shirt (used a green sweater for indoor)

- G1098 Assault Chest Rig w/ WAS Pouches

- WAS Firestorm Gloves

- A-TACS Propper ACU Trousers

- Levi jeans belt

- Viper drop leg

- Magnum Elite II Asault boots

Weapons:

(size order :D)

- A&K Masada with Flashlight

- ASG M3 Shorty Shotgun (attached to the back)

- TM 6" Colt Python (on holster)

Here is how the shotgun is attached using a radio pouch

cover3.jpg

• Supporters

I was going to say "whoa dude, airsoft girl" looking at that second photo, but experience has taught me it's never a girl. It's always a 17/18 year old lad who's in that stage of life where he thinks long hair is dead cool wearing a hat and full face pro.

Anyway, it's a nice loadout nick, well put together. I couldn't run a shotgun sling like that myself but if you find it comfortable enough to use then more power to you, at a site like the outpost I've no doubt at all it'd come in very very useful indeed. Next thing on the shopping list has gotta be a UBACS?

I was going to say "whoa dude, airsoft girl" looking at that second photo, but experience has taught me it's never a girl. It's always a 17/18 year old lad who's in that stage of life where he thinks long hair is dead cool wearing a hat and full face pro.

Anyway, it's a nice loadout nick, well put together. I couldn't run a shotgun sling like that myself but if you find it comfortable enough to use then more power to you, at a site like the outpost I've no doubt at all it'd come in very very useful indeed. Next thing on the shopping list has gotta be a UBACS?

No that is actually a girl! I know its amazing!

Anyway, the nice thing about the tri shots is they're quite light to only issue can be when crouching down as the muzzle can go into the dirt.

And yea an A-TACS UBACS is defo on the list but at £60 it may be a while :D and before I need to get some A-TACS FG BDUs

• Supporters

Long hair is cool.

• Supporters
No that is actually a girl! I know its amazing!

Anyway, the nice thing about the tri shots is they're quite light to only issue can be when crouching down as the muzzle can go into the dirt.

And yea an A-TACS UBACS is defo on the list but at £60 it may be a while :D and before I need to get some A-TACS FG BDUs

I was thinking the same; standing or prone you're alright, but crouching, sitting or squatting would be rather awkward. At those sorts of CQB sites must people just stand all the time anyway though so I can see why you made the choice you did.

If you're considering the Propper TAC-U... well I don't recommend it myself I'll say that. I'll be using mine in the winter and I reckon it'll work very nicely, but the design is not comfortable in the summer one bit. I'll look in to picking up an OPS/UR-Tac shirt to compare since they do both types of ATACS at similar prices.

Long hair is cool.

In the 1980s. :P

I'm not fussed either way in all honesty, fashion choices are the same as airsoft choices; do what you like, it's your life. I just knew an awful lot of guys when I was around that age who grew their hair and every single one has since decided it was a bad idea (including my own brother); the trend just makes me chuckle slightly on occasion is all.

• Supporters

I'm 44. For pretty much all my life I've oscillated back and forth from skin-head to letting it grow out long and it grows fast. For now, while I've got no bald spots or noticeable grey, I'm giving it a last chance to blow in the wind etc.

If you're considering the Propper TAC-U... well I don't recommend it myself I'll say that. I'll be using mine in the winter and I reckon it'll work very nicely, but the design is not comfortable in the summer one bit.

Sorry don't quite follow, are you saying the Propper A-TACS is not very good? I was planning on getting the Propper BDU A-TACS FG kit

• Supporters
I'm 44. For pretty much all my life I've oscillated back and forth from skin-head to letting it grow out long and it grows fast. For now, while I've got no bald spots or noticeable grey, I'm giving it a last chance to blow in the wind etc.

Perfectly reasonable plan of action. In fairness, if I was allowed (which I'm not unfortunately) then I'd probably give it a go, but I don't think I could hack it for very long.

Sorry don't quite follow, are you saying the Propper A-TACS is not very good? I was planning on getting the Propper BDU A-TACS FG kit.

No the Propper stuff is fine, it's built very tough, just a bit too tough I think. They use a heavy weight of poly/cotton mix material which is great for the cooler months and resilient to general wear & tear, but compared to issued DPM/MTP and most other high-end gear it's really hot in the summer. I'd hoped they'd use a thinner fabric for their combat shirt (which is called the 'TAC-U' http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/A-TACS-...t_Shirt_FG.html ) which is why I bought one, but that's not the case. My own fault because I could've just actually read the product description but you live and learn.

No the Propper stuff is fine, it's built very tough, just a bit too tough I think. They use a heavy weight of poly/cotton mix material which is great for the cooler months and resilient to general wear & tear, but compared to issued DPM/MTP and most other high-end gear it's really hot in the summer. I'd hoped they'd use a thinner fabric for their combat shirt (which is called the 'TAC-U' http://www.uktactical.com/acatalog/A-TACS-...t_Shirt_FG.html ) which is why I bought one, but that's not the case. My own fault because I could've just actually read the product description but you live and learn.

Ahh thanks a lot, I've never had an issue, my vest etc was way hotter than my legs. I will hopefully get one of those when budget allows, will stick to the BDUs as they're only £35