Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

It's the bottom half of a sensei mesh mask, modded to clip onto my bolle trackers and covered in black hockey tape :P

• Supporters

My best Jesus impression from weekend

You can tell us then... what would Jesus shoot?

• Head Moderator

You can tell us then... what would Jesus shoot?

I expect that JC would shoot a Galil.

• Supporters

I expect that JC would shoot a Galil.

Hmmm, dunno... I think he'd be a double Deagle man, meself. I mean, you'd have to have a bit of an ego to set about feeding 5000 people full stop, nevermind with just 5 loaves and 2 fishes!

• Head Moderator

Hmmm, dunno... I think he'd be a double Deagle man, meself. I mean, you'd have to have a bit of an ego to set about feeding 5000 people full stop, nevermind with just 5 loaves and 2 fishes!

Of course, being a Palestinian revolutionary the AK47 would be an obvious choice too.

I'd imagine he'd have his own creation called the Vatigun. Something like fallout's railway rifle but firing big f*ck off wood nails instead. It would of course have a grenade launcher for shooting holy water filled balloons ,on the bottom, mounted to the gun with four silver crosses.

I been collecting/skirmishing for a long time and pick stuff up all over the place. I quite like the asian sites for some of the gear (Kryptek copies) but occasionally I buy the real stuff (Crye) and Russian stuff. The Russian stuff is actually quite cheap to be honest and is very hard wearing especially the Gorka stuff. For example you can buy Gorka 3 for about 50 quid on ebay whereas a pair of Crye Gen 2 trousers will set you back over 100 quid.

Here's some sites to check out and I have had no issues with the stuff arriving:

ebairsoft.com

asiaairsoft.com

http://airsoft.tiger111hk.com/index.html

for AEG's etc then I'd suggest:

combatsouth.co.uk

fire-support.co.uk

I'm biased as I'm part of the Wasps team from Combat South (oldest airsoft team in the UK and possibly globally - and I mean that both ways {age and time together}) but the reason I started going to CS was it was and is the best site in the UK and the guys at the shop can pretty much get anything and make everything you might fancy. If you can make it to the site then try it but remember to book in advance if it's a themed game (vietnam, Xmas etc) as it fills up quickly because it's such a good site.

Thanks for the help

So trying to work on a new loadout after getting a few things for christmas (Plate Carrier, Belt and quick release holster)

Keeping my DPM trousers with DPM dump pouch and drop leg platform w/ M4 pouches for smokes.

NewLoadout_zpsyhoa0rsk.jpg

Only thing i need next is to find a proper winter proof layering, first time playing in freezing temp, I've got long johns and a compression base layer top but no proper jacket, which by the way things are going i'll need one for the next skirmish at the end of January and probably looking for something a bit like this: Soft Shell Jacket

I guess the question is what do you guys use for winter proofing your loadout?

• Supporters

I always strongly advise separating your insulation layer from your softshell; that's the way any serious outdoor/military professional does it and for many good reasons. I think in the long term you'd probably end up buying twice with Highlander; going just a little bit more to at least get a Helikon ought to yield quite significant jump in quality (though obviously both are at the budget end).

Bear in mind plate carrier are just about the 'best' insulating layer ever (well, not in terms of moisture transport but pretty much in terms of heat retention) so if you put too much underneath your rig you'll boil yourself once you start really running around. Check eBay for some surplus fleeces and cold weather base layers, they're pretty decently made overall, especially the new stuff and you get infinitely more value for money with issue kit than you do with an awful lot of apparel from places like Mil1st and other airsoft-grade gear stores.

Thanks i'll keep that in mind and look at some surplus gear, i'm not fussed about the branded stuff anyway, the surplus gear i've bought before has worked out and been fairly hardwearing the way i throw myself around at times.

• Moderators

ALee91, I have a Helikon soft shell, similar to the one a few or more pages back, £58 on Mil1st. Very comfy to wear and warm when ive worn it

Awful pictures because I can't find a room in the house that has any decent lighting that also has a mirror :P but this is what I will be wearing when I get back into the game when I can [in the next month or so hopefully] really hard to see because it's all black but I will post a slightly better picture in the appropriate thread of the kit on it's own, it's sort of a plain clothes/light order armed police kit but also just what I find comfortable and light. 1 with and 1 without cap

IMG_20160115_134206.jpg

IMG_20160115_134115_1.jpg

ALee91, I have a Helikon soft shell, similar to the one a few or more pages back, £58 on Mil1st. Very comfy to wear and warm when ive worn it

Thanks Ben, I'll try out some surplus stuff first see how it performs, the South East won't be as cold as the poor buggers t'up norf. The soft shell stuff looked good but is a little more expensive. Maybe once i've got rid of more stuff on eBay and got some disposable money i'll take a look at it but if i can get the surplus stuff to work and it doesn't rain alot while saving money then that'll do me just fine.

Quick update to the above: I could have sworn there was a seperate thread for just pictures of gear but I must be going mental so here's a clear picture of most of my gear. It consists of;

TT Mini MAV

Warrior triple M4 pouch

Warrior kydex pistol pouches x3
Warrior small utility with carabiner

Oakley M frame 2.0 w/ Helo kit

Arc'teryx balaclava

Howard Leight ear defenders

Blackhawk! Sub gun sling

IMG_20160115_134632.jpg

OK so I'm a poser....

Got a full pic of all my new kit.

Kit list:

Emerson gen2 AOR2

Low a desert boots

Oakley si gloves

Condor "operator" cap

Warrior assault systems DCS

G&G top tech 416

FCAA2164-3EDE-42CE-B1CE-A2F6D4BDBA94_zps

Thanks i'll keep that in mind and look at some surplus gear, i'm not fussed about the branded stuff anyway, the surplus gear i've bought before has worked out and been fairly hardwearing the way i throw myself around at times.

Now, dont hate me, but im also a cyclist. yep one of those annoying twats who dress up in skimpy spandex and clog all the roads up. I also MTB too so it kinda evens it out.... Anyway, cyclists are big fans of Merino wool clothing for cooler/cold riding.

I commute to work and even in the really cold spell last week (minus 4 apparently) i wear a short sleeve merino T shirt or even a just a compression vest under a softshell jacket.

What im waffling on about here is the merino acts as a warm wicking layer thats tight to your skin, keeps sweat away from your skin and helps regulate your body temp. Have a look into layering up and you may find you dont need a softshell, or you could use them both. But layers are the key thing

For instance, just been for a run, its approx 9deg outside, so longsleeve merino with a running t-shirt on. Toasty.

Seems like ages since I was last snapped in gear. Anyway this was taken after a Marshall vs player game at my local site (I was Marshalling hence the orange)

Face is blurred to hide the hideous face I was pulling.post-7335-0-49830100-1453573396_thumb.jpg

What im waffling on about here is the merino acts as a warm wicking layer thats tight to your skin, keeps sweat away from your skin and helps regulate your body temp. Have a look into layering up and you may find you dont need a softshell, or you could use them both. But layers are the key thing.

I understand where your coming from, i do have and use some cold weather base layers for outdoor running that have moisture wicking etc. but where i play at the moment the sites aren't huge so theres not huge amounts of running so i don't find i get as warm/hot as i would if i went for a run, especially stood around the safe zone waiting for people to hurry up for the next game :/

So i'm thinking of layering with a fleece when it's really cold but removing layers here and there after lunch once the days warmed up. It's been pretty mild lately down here so all of this prep for the cold could be for no reason.

• Supporters

Winter comes around every year, never a bad thing to invest in kit for adverse conditions.

Hot weather is easy (comparatively), you only need one layer. If you want to be as comfortable as possible in whatever sorts of inclement weather you might encounter, you need a lot more stuff and it'll cost a lot more to get a full system together.

This is my starting load out.

In the next few weeks I'm looking at changing out the rail for a low profile rail and maybe the Holographic sight for an Aim point Comp M4 RDS or maybe an ACOG.

I'm also looking at getting a First Aid Kit Pouch, coz you never know, as well as a utility pouch for anything else I feel like carrying with me.

In the long run I'm thinking of getting a SA VZ58 kitted up as my primary and grabbing a Glock 17 too. The MP5/Glock 19 would then become a backup.

I'm also thinking of whacking a RIS System with a Vertical Grip and Bipod on the MP5, sticking a long Suppressor on and using some stubby mags for a cool marksman like look that can quickly be swapped out for the torch foregrip between games.

Any thoughts?

post-12372-0-16075200-1454034814_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Bipod on the MP5

If you personally really want to do that then obviously it's your gun, but it makes no practical sense and to be honest, even aesthetically it's illogical because the 9mm MP5 is literally the worst candidate for a bi-pod there is. It's a close quarters usage weapon, stick to a red dot and a light. Bi-Pods, short mags and magnified optics only make sense on weapons firing rifle rounds, generally 5.45mm (AK-74) or above; preferably 5.56x45mm or 7.62x51mm replicas if you want an an actually authentic look.

Believe me I went there at the start stick a bi-pod on my first AEG, so have plenty of other guys. I ended up chucking the thing after 1 game and there are plenty of other people who've done the exact same thing.

If you can, try and hike that drop-leg holster strap as high up as it'll possibly go. Every site has at least a couple of very new players every game with their Viper drop-knee holsters flapping around like a fish out of water, you don't wanna be that guy, it's just uncomfortable and slows you down.