Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

I've got a lot of helikon stuff, even for day to day wear, love the stuff. What's the jacket like sgttalbert as i nearly got one

Yeah really good, folds away very small. Lots of pockets. Fits very well. Easily enough for another layer underneath etc... For £58 I would definitely recommend

• Supporters

My Soviet VDV "Panama" hat just arrived - woohoo!

panama_telnyashka.jpg

...geezer posted it with one of the strap buttons come unstitched :huh::unsure::angry:

So that was panic stations until i found it down the side of me bed. Not even a quick note to say he was posting it that way, let alone a safety pin, the bellend. I mean, for sure, if you don't want to sew it, for £17 posted I'm not going to argue, but a flaming heads up, ffs, eh?

• Supporters

Did you enjoy the event Chris? Would be interested to hear your opinion now you've tried milsim

Well obviously they vary a lot by organiser and location, but I think if you boil it down end of the day it's just a skirmish that's snorted a mixture of gunpowder and roids.

It's sort of like everything's magnified, the only real downside is you'll get the massive d-bags amongst the players who are even worse than the d-bags you get on your standard walk-on day. I never had anything more than a very mild, temporary disagreement with anybody throughout the event but I had to overhear a fair bit of shouting and BS both in our camping area and out on the field. But it boils down to grown adults who, like tiny toddlers, are unable to recognise when they're tired and tone down their response to things when an incident riles them up far worse than it should have. There's nothing specific to milsim about that though, anything I've ever done in the military where people have gotten tired they started being d***ks at inappropriate times because they lacked the maturity to control themselves.

Luckily my squad was a really good bunch and we got really stuck in, but made sure to take plenty of rest whenever the opportunity arose as well. You're still playing with a bunch of untrained people and no plan survives contact with the enemy so it's never going to play out like in the movies, but the teamplay I experienced was overall far more cohesive than a skirmish day, which is the main thing you'll get out of a milsim. Tons and tons of pyro and wacky weapons systems floating around, so when things do kick off (and you'll spend very large amounts of time slowly patrolling and hiding in the undergrowth) they generally kick off big time. Never seen so much smoke and so many bangs.

Realistically I could write pages and pages, but those were the things that stuck out to me. The Warzone Battle Sim guys certainly seemed to be a good bunch, I'd go to another of their events.

They don't fit in the real one either, they're M4 magazine pouches!

same as yours TMC. Erm 74 I think

Scroll up to my loadout photo...you will see my TM recoil AK74 mags fit fine in my TMC AVS - they are snug but they go in and out absolutely fine. Although, i guess being TMC...pouch sizing may differ between production runs?

Just wish I didn't look so much like a James Bond/Avengers bad guy henchman.

dsc_0043_zpsmnes7bft.jpg

dsc_0047_zpsxzuufwt5.jpg

dsc_0048_zpsmp9hpyqd.jpg

Looking to get a KA P90 but they all seem to be totally out of stock which seems a bit weird.

• Supporters

What gun is that? :o

It's a Franken-M60, believe it or not!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys been a bit since I have posted. Still playing away as often as I can and thought I'd post an updated pic on my load-out. Still waiting on the new rifle and need to get some m4 pouches but other than that pretty happy with it all minus a few things. Going to be grabbing some lipos as well think the standard battery is finally dying on me.

Mw6VWZEl.jpg

• Supporters

Grabbed myself a nice fishing vest for Qala-i-Jangi kit, closest I'm gonna get to 'old school' UKSF (2001)

FC22C9DE-3A9F-4AA1-A7A1-D3E46A55766C_zps

• Supporters

sometimes you just to get your nades out to dry

0C89CB04-7F43-471A-A124-8D0A5C669E1E_zps

(part of my xmas loadout)

"Deck the halls with balls of C4, Fa la la la la, la la la boom!"

• Supporters

I would go with a Scrooge loadout, but then i'd have to play it as too tight fisted to fire any BB's...

• 3 weeks later...