Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Because they've already shown an example that was close to a production piece? WAS is all made in china, they don't take very long to get the production going on things compared to the more gucci western gear manufacturers.

• Supporters

How do you know this?

Anyone have any info on release date or price?

They're expected to be out in the summer this year, they said on Facebook. As for pricing, I'd imagine 150ish depending on which setup you buy. That's only speculation thiugh, they having said anything about pricing yet

• Supporters

The new Warrior PC with modular front for velcro panels isn't too far off. Be very handy in the situation where you only want one rig but have multiple types of mags that require very different sizes of pouch.

Is this the one you mean?

http://www.6mm-magazine.com/en/iwa-outdoorclassics-2015-warrior-assault-system/

• Supporters

Just not in bloody multicam!!

Well, obvs!

Looks nice. Might have to trade up from the 901 for one of those.

Well, obvs!

Looks nice. Might have to trade up from the 901 for one of those.

How much will this be do you think? Same kinda price range as the current DCS range?

• Supporters

How much will this be do you think? Same kinda price range as the current DCS range?

Probably. No actual idea but chances are slightly higher than the DCS given the functionality.

I would expect the base rig to be cheaper than the DCS (no MOLLE, lower production cost) however the panels will be the killer and will probably drag the price over that of the DCS

• Supporters

I would expect the base rig to be cheaper than the DCS (no MOLLE, lower production cost) however the panels will be the killer and will probably drag the price over that of the DCS

I don't think the base rig won't be cheaper than the DCS, they know people will buy it even if it's at the same price and probably even if it costs a bit more. The design is also more complex so even though you lose a bit of pals on the front the cummerbund and other bits will take up that loss and probably more. It's made of 500d rather than 1000 too so depending on fabric costs that is another potential increase in price.

I think it'll fall in line with the RICAS or possibly the raptor in terms of price, at least when it's first launched. Sales may reduce the price further down the line but the production costs is very much likely to be higher on this than the DCS which is much simpler.

So I got some new stuff.

Going to my first outdoor game soon so I am testing loadouts for it, nothing special or true to anything, just thrown together haha.

tumblr_nmlv0vjtuX1tm58l9o1_1280.jpgtumblr_nmlv0vjtuX1tm58l9o2_1280.jpg

Helmet (forgot the name).

Revision bullet ant

Shemagh

Highlander odin softshell mtp

viper security vest (getting a plate carrier soon)

camelbak hydration system mtp

oakley si assualt gloves.

• Supporters

You can answer that for yourself. Think on the following; do the pouches on your belt/PC/vest not carry enough? If not, can you physically not add more to give enough capacity? Do you need even more equipment on you to keep yourself going and your gun shooting? Do you mind that extra equipment not being easily/quickly accessible (quite possibly requiring you to remove your whole rig to gain said access)?

Certainly for CQB I've never needed anything more than extra magazines carried in my gear. For larger outdoor sites I'll add water, but that's it. Obviously everyone has different loadouts and that's fine, but analyse what your experience has shown you to need and want to carry and avoid loadout-creep. If you physically cannot fit everything in to pouches and pockets that are easily accessible without taking your gear off, then go to a pack. Otherwise, I'd advise against it. Or consider a bandoleer/messenger bag style add-on or a pack that's not attached by PALS, far quicker and easier to get in to that way.

That's what I mean, at the moment I've just transitioned into running a gbbr so am always carrying spare gas and bbs, haven't needed them yet but I stuff them into my camelback with my hydro. But didn't want to go and spend x amount of money on the backpack for it to be near enough empty

• Supporters

Well.. like I say, you know your own gear, ask yourself those questions and you'll be able to decide if you need a pack or not. Nobody else can tell you whether you need to buy extra stuff or not, you're the one who knows how much you want to carry vs the actual carrying capacity of your current kit.

I've just bought a condor rig with 6 mag pouches, and I too run a gbbr, 6 mags is enough for a game, plus ive got my px4 with 4 mags too. Do you really think you'll use more than that? Need be carry a speed loader (I have a 90 round one in my thigh pocket, as well as a mini gas can) with you to reload on the fly.

Remember you wanna be lightweight if you're moving about alot, otherwise you'll be knackered!

• Supporters

To anyone who uses a small molle pack how useful are they in your average walk on shoot?

What do you mean by molle pack? Backpack strapped to the molle webbing on your back? If you go that way, you'll always need someone to get things out - put things back to the backpack, which can be a pain in the ass for everyone involved. :)

I run a molle belt, then a small chest rig, if I need more mags, and a backpack if I need more stuff to carry around. I'm modular and independent. :D

What do you mean by molle pack? Backpack strapped to the molle webbing on your back? If you go that way, you'll always need someone to get things out - put things back to the backpack, which can be a pain in the ass for everyone involved. :)

I run a molle belt, then a small chest rig, if I need more mags, and a backpack if I need more stuff to carry around. I'm modular and independent. :D

I man the little day sack kinda things that are attached via molle, and I run a battle belt and tactical tailor mini mav for my 417 but a plate carrier for my 416

• Supporters

In my experience the only way to use a backpack and be able to get gear out of it yourself, reliably and quickly, is to turn it around and carry it on your chest... personally, I've just started using a Kryptek Typhon waist-pack molle'd to a Typhon battle belt - it fits across my back, has external pockets on either end for 'nades, an external zip pocket for 'nade reload accessories, and about 2.5 Litre volume main pouch for any old extra crap like sweets, tissues, speedloaders, spare batteries, large CO2 grenades, etc. which leaves space on the belt for 4 double RPK mag pouches, 2 on each side, and the hangers for drop leg dump pouch and pistol holster. The loadout works as an open fronted rig, so that even when i've had to take a shed-load of morphine to be able to skirmish and have also become adrenalised by excitement, my front is still only covered by my shirt, so I know I will definitely feel any hits to centre mass... plus I can reach behind my lumbar back area easily to access stuff in the rear pack.

You could always get some of those rip away MOLLE section things for your vest. These will attach to the backpack as well, so you can just pull it off by the velcro, get your stuff out, and stick it back on.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-10055-9774-p.asp

tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-

tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-

• Supporters

You could always get some of those rip away MOLLE section things for your vest. These will attach to the backpack as well, so you can just pull it off by the velcro, get your stuff out, and stick it back on.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-10055-9774-p.asp

Yeah, that is a very cutting edge way of approaching the same problem of access. You needn't use it with a backpack either - just molle the base unit to your hydration bladder pouch, then rip'n'stick a 8x9" utility pouch with a zip, off and, after sorting your shite out, back on...