Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

^^I'm just going off the pic on Kryptek's webby - yeah Yeti is whiter, but Raid is still very pale.

pattern-raid.jpg

Ferro Concepts THE RECCE Beanie (Covert Green)

Ferro Concepts All In One Padded Sling (Coyote Brown)

Tactical Tailor Fight Light Removable Operator Pack (Coyote Brown)

ESS Ice Glasses

Surplus M81 BDU Shirt

Bulle Recon Harness & Warrior Assault Systems pouches (OD)

Bulle Digital Woodland Trousers

5.11 Double Duty Belt

Mil-Com Desert Boots

Unknown Kneepads (OD)

CYMA Blowback AK (CM.028?)

post-7670-0-79540100-1427020697_thumb.jpgpost-7670-0-64354900-1427021194_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

^^The CYMA AK will be either CM.042 or CM.046 being blowback - i forget which. But the CM.028 is the bog standard plastic receiver faux wood plastic furniture version, although the internals are pretty much the same, apart from the blowback attachment from the piston to the bolt carrier...

• Supporters

Well, now that my CQB loadout is almost complete, here are a few pics of me running my training course in my backyard. I wrote alot, so feel free to just skip to the pics. List of items:

Guns:

Tokyo Marui MP7A1 GBB

ACM P90 AEG

WE Gen. 4 G17 GBB

Loadout:

Rogers Shooting School Shirt (Black)

Rogers Shooting School Gloves (Black)

Rogers Shooting School Hat (Multicam)

PROPPER Khaki Ripstop Pants

Bridgestone socks

Tan Belt

Merrell MOAB Mid Waterproof boots (black)

US MOLLE Coyote Tan Vest

Coyote Tan P90 mag single pouch

Coyote Tan M4 mag quad pouch

Safariland ALS Glock 17 Leg Drop Holster (Left, Tan)

Safariland Leg Drop Holster Platform (Right, Black)

TMC MP7 Mount

Accessories:

TM MP7 40 rnd GBB mag x4

ACM P90 low cap 78 rnd mag x1

ACM P90 high cap 300 rnd mag x1

WE G17 low cap 24 rnd mag x2

WE G17 high cap 50 rnd mag x1

Rubber US SEALS knife + sheath

Abbey mini gas

Attachments:

Rogers Rail light (MP7)

B&T Tracer unit/silencer (P90)

Safariland magwell (G17)

Safariland Glock-grip (G17)

Custom Tritium foresight (G17)

• Supporters

^^Wow! "Get orf moi laaaaahnd!"

Everytime I see that Owen I want my own...

Looks awesome as usual Russ

• Supporters

I dunno... I mean yeah Russell, your loadouts are well impressive and, knowing what went into producing the Owen, it is also fucking impressive, but to me it still looks horrible. The mag sticking up like that is just the daftest looking system i've ever seen. I realise that it's better than under the barrel for prone firing, but the horizontal Sten mag position takes care of that.

The Owen was used in jungle fighting. The Austen (Australian version of the sten) was found to snag on vegetation a lot more.

The shape does seem wrong until you hold the Owen, then it becomes clear that it is actually genius. All the weight is at the rear of the gun so unlike the Sten or Thompson, once you have the stock to your shoulder you can do other stuff with your left hand (Vietnam photo's of Australians indicate that radio operators tended to use the Owen). A side mounted magazine would put the gun off balance and require you to hold it with 2 hands. The magazine really doesn't affect your field of view much, as when you aim down the right hand side of the gun it is central to both eyes.

If you hold up 2 fingers together at arms length directly in front of you, you can see everything behind them (as long as its a meter or more away), this is about the same width and position as the mag on an Owen.

That is a lovely and very well done load out Russell, applause should be given, however I wasn't aware that the Lone Ranger was an Australian soldier.......

:D

That's exactly what I thought.

• Supporters

If the sideways mag of the Sten was such an issue they should have invented a reliable drum mag to replace the box mag poking out so far.

If the sideways mag of the Sten was such an issue they should have invented a reliable drum mag to replace the box mag poking out so far.

The Sten mag was not an issue in Europe but the Sten had a number of shortcomings in jungle conditions, the magazine was just one of these. The Owen was superior in reliability to any sub machinegun of it's era and as I said, the magazine position was not a problem. If the magazine position had been an issue, they would not have replaced the Owen with the F1:

1287828353.jpg<--now that really is an ugly gun

• Supporters

^^It's a Stirling that's been downundered... stoopid stoopid fucking stoopid!

^^It's a Stirling that's been downundered... stoopid stoopid f*cking stoopid!

Without the folding stock, the F1 is able to have a longer main tube. This means that you can separate the cocking lever from the bolt so that dirt doesn't get to the bolt and jam the gun as easily. For some reason the Aussies liked the idea that if you drop your gun in a muddy puddle, you can pick it up and it will shoot. The vertical mag again balances the gun better and doesn't catch as easily on heavy vegetation. Of course if you want a good looking gun rather than one which will work then the Stirling is much better :)

• Supporters

Had to rearrange the DCS ready for the arrival of my new MP7.

Welcome to the club.

I have seen it......VERY nice.

But I have my dcs already and can't justify changing it. This will work. I use the sabre drop leg aswell so all mags carried at once.

Yeah I know.......

I may end up with one...just depends on the cost.