Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Just highlighting some different ways to look at things is all. More people always lurk forums than post on them, so pointing out these things can be at least useful to a lot of folks. I don't wanna tell anyone what sort of loadout they should run end of the day, but I don't think it ever hurts to give people more different potential options for potential consideration (apart from just the common ones seen online that is).

In my opinion I think the JPC is a cracking piece of kit especially for skinny fecks like me. Having a 33' chest most (all) plate carriers have a lot of movement in them which makes them bounce like a pair of double D's when I run in them. The JPC however is tight enough to allow the carrier to conform tightly to the body with the choice of space which is lost with a chest rig. The inbuilt mag pouches allow for a thinner and lighter mission profile than other Carriers which often make people into the michellin man and in my opinion the skeletal system is a brilliant idea as it allows the user to draw sidearms without the issue of bashing kit on the way down and up.

Just my thoughts.

• Supporters

It depends on the features one wants and how much said person wants to spend. I've got a Crye JPC here that a friend lent me and it's a nice, light little rig, but to my mind it has a lot of disadvantages and he's selling it to pay for the FirstSpear/SKD STT PC he just bought to upgrade from it. I don't wanna list out a load of bad points because it'll seem like bashing, but comparing it to the PCs I have now and the many I've owned and used over the years I don't find it to be particularly great personally. What it was, was innovative and at the time it was released it was waaaay ahead of the game and really set a standard (as crye did with the combat shirt), but right now, it's quite a bit behind the leading manufacturers technology and design wise. Does that really matter in airsoft? No of course, but there are better options on the market, IMHO. There are plenty out there which will size down tight and I'm only a 34-35" chest on a fat day so I've gone through many, many PCs to find ones that fit over the last 7 years or so. The bulk/drawing from a belt issue is down to pouch placement primarily, but again, plenty of other options on the market which are low profile and won't get in the way of your belt mounted kit while having various other advantageous features as well.

If people like 'em then that's cool, there are far, far worse designs about and compared to the Mk4 Ospreys I see so often in game I'd recommend the JPC to anyone every time. But again, different strokes as always.

Reply (it's the post above)

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against other plate carriers. I just prefer the cut and style of the JPC. I do see downfalls in the JPC design for example if adding a shingle to the front panel the integrated pouch tends to yawn open and the stock shoulder straps are a bit unforgiving but no plate carrier is perfect. In my eyes I see the JPC to fit my criteria Light, Airy and able to be changed to suit my needs (I.e CQB/Woodlannd . Weekender or Milsim/Skirmish) whilst not slowing me down or restricting movement.

TL;DR people have choices and I completely accept that and can see merits and flaws in most designs.

Guest PT247

Please excuse the "in my livingroom being all tacticool" pics and the fact the kit still has tags on (best to try things on before removing them when trying a new brand).

UF PRO Striker XT trousers and shirt, Striker jacket and baseball cap all in Slocam. Condor Tactical Ronin chest rig in olive. British Army DPM grenade bandelier. Helicon M4 pouches in Polish Woodland. Mechanix gloves. Rather filthy Magnum boots. WE R5C GBBR and PTS RM4 ERG CQB.

11042673_10152651329936820_7955218299126

11008612_10152651329231820_4628188694203

• Supporters

PT, why must you stare into our souls and judge us so? :) But nice kit.

Guest PT247

it was supposed to be black and red but got sent the wrong one, this one is way cooler, makes me feel all combat-cool when playing War Thunder or Arma 3! :D

• Supporters

Ooooohhh war thunder :) I play that as well

• Supporters

Nice

• Supporters

I don't wanna buy Typhon, because I want Raid and I know as soon as I buy a set of Typhon uniform they'll release the stuff I actually want the day after. But then I see a picture and I end up on the UR-Tac or Vertx sites feeling very tempted...

To me Raid is snow camo and Typhon is for night games, but I just couldn't resist taking my mixed bag for an outing during the day - it was hanging on the back of my kitchen door crooning to me: "wear me, wear me - you know you want to..."