Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

My right eye is just completely screwed, iron sights do not work for me at all as they tend to blur into one black blob. My shooting scores as a cadet were very poor as the entire target would merge into one big black blob with the Sights :D I find looking through the sights on my AUG or Susat ok though closing my left eye which is odd as both use black lines/obelisk.

Try turning the brightness up on the red dot and then try it at different distances from your eye. I actually find it easier to use a red dot on my crap eye as that way the dark of the sight body is replaced by the image from my good eye but the bright dot stays superimposed on what my good eye sees. Using the same sight with my good eye, I see the sight body and my field of view is restricted slightly.

Me at The Mall on Sunday

3NsoIOL.jpg

Looking good Cav, did you paint the rifle yourself?

Thanks Happy, yes I did, tan, olive, foliage and dark brown krylon in the back garden with some leaves to use for masking, wanted to go for a rough and ready "just camo-ed on operations" look!

wow that gun blends in real nice indeed

you are indeed one with your gun sir

Cheers SD! She is my baby!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I've been using padded PALS/Warbelts for 4-5 years now so I'm going to try out the direct attachment method that's popular with a lot of civvie shooters in the states. This is the sort of transition setup, doesn't get threaded through the belt loops (use keepers instead) but doing away with any padding or modular attachment.

15952840271_af7b9bb39d_b.jpg

Worked fine in the game I tried it, though the 4 layers of webbing and 2 layers of plastic going through the holster was functional but forced the belt in to an awkward shape that was noticeably (when not actually in game) digging in after a while.

• Supporters

Have you got velcro inside that belt and on the keepers, Chris? Because most of my loadout options these days involve a harness and belt and the most annoying thing I find is when stuff shifts around.

• Supporters

The belt has a strip of loop along the inside and the MALICE on the mag pouches are kept in place with these which have corresponding hook:

http://www.first-spear.com/product.php?productid=17527

The loops on the dump pouch also have some velcro. The keepers don't because I bought them in a rush and all I could find in this country were somewhat old-school ones that are more aimed at police use, but that wasn't an issue. Given the thickness and rigidity of the belt and how tightly I had it adjusted, it wasn't shifting around anywhere.

I am left eye dominant but right handed. I find that it works quite well to have both eyes open. The eye dominance cancels out my view of the actual sight but the bright dot is still visible. The red dot sight needs to be quite close to my eye for this effect to work though.

I'm right handed but left eye dominant also, sometimes I can shut my left eye while having a decent vision of iron sights but I preferably would like a red dot sight or holographic to help with this, although when I hold a pistol it's not a problem it's just rifles so I think practicing opening and closing left eye will help, I'm currently in the process of an application for the british army I need to sort that out before I get in (of I get in lol)

A friend recommended getting some Fabsil to waterproof my MTP shock and such things, he used it on a flectarn shirt and the water just bounced off so definitely need to get some I've seen their gold premium bottles for 13 quid so a Christmas present to myself along with a gen4 glock might be a good shout !

Still waiting on a game anyone going to any First and only sites in Manchester in the new year ?

I Play at f&o, usually try to be at every sunday game @ the hive and anzio or bolton about every other week

I have been using a similar duty belt / civi defence style setup (although not as gucci as yours) for a few games and its incredibly refreshing to be light and nimble again.

I have also been using a Tactical Tailor Molle belt, its got a lot slimmer padding than most batlle belts, and is only two rows of molle, so gives a little better retention and spreads the weigh of the gas mags a little better,while remaining light and unobtrusive. Having said that I do prefer the standard lightweight rigid police belt.