Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

I wasn't on about uniforms per se, but badges/rank/insignia etc. However, it specifically says the wearing of uniform without permission.

Can't figure out links but google Uniforms Act 1894.

I wasn't on about uniforms per se, but badges/rank/insignia etc. However, it specifically says the wearing of uniform without permission.

Can't figure out links but google Uniforms Act 1894.

But what does it cover? if you take it as wearing a uniform at any time or just passing off a uniform or decorations etc to deceive or for gain?

If it is wearing a uniform at any time then anyone who puts on Multicam or DPM is committing an offence.

Does that utility pouch not get in the way of your pistol draw Cav?

I normally wear the pistol slightly further to the rear, however the holster is a Fobus, designed for a pistol and laser/light, it doesn't draw upwards, but back and down. A little unnatural, but you soon get used to it. I also have a standard Fobus that is designed for an upward draw, and as you point out it does get in the way, but then I can always drop the utility pouches if I want to be uber high speed low drag. But I actually prefer always having the laser/light on there, I'd rather be looking at it than wishing for it!!

Sorry came across slightly wrong as the above poster alludes. Not all Civvies are 'mongs' just to clarify! I am referring to those people running around all badged up to the nines with various insignia that they haven't' earned.

Mack - Sure, most cap badges/insignia/rank that Joe Public are aware of take a lot of training to earn and therefore it irks me greatly that people think they they can just slap it on.

Also, technically the Uniforms Act is still in force so wearing uniform you are not entitled to is a criminal offence, but obviously not enforced.

SamG - That's precisely the sort of thing I am on about I am afraid. As an ACF instructor fine, wear it then but once you are out, no. You may have been badged PWRR but never completed basic Infantry training or served with the Regt proper, therefore I don't believe you should wear it.

But as with anything opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

Back to the topic and I will shut up.

Wearing the uniform is not an offence. trying to pass yourself off would be the offence.

I say when playing soldiers who cares?

Not that someone claiming Parachute Wings or a Green Beret or wearing an SAS badge wouldn't look a tit.

Thousands of people regularly dress up in uniforms and insignia as part of a Re-enactment group and they even give themselves ranks, even award themselves Commissions.

No one complains about that but they are just as much playing soldiers as an Airsofter

A very interesting and very emotive topic, for all who concerned, the UK uniform act is a slightly woolly piece of legislation, but the intent and spirit of it is designed to criminalise those who would seek to gain from the impersonation of someone entitled to wear a uniform.

In the US, they have the "Stolen Valor" (American spelling, sorry!) Act which is specifically aimed at "Walts" passing themselves off as something they're not.

Ours is a game/hobby/sport and is participated in by all of us for many different reasons but the aim of it all is fun. Simple.

If you want to wear something because you have a link, either personally, or via a relative or organisation, fine. If you want to wear it because it looks cool, fine.

If you try to pass yourself off as a steely eyed ninja SF super warrior and underwater knife fighting instructor from the 314th Mobile Mess tin repair unit (bath and laundry division) then don't be surprised if some people (ok, yes Me!!) fall about laughing!

No one has ever accused me of trying to be a rock star or being Billy Joe Armstrong because I wear a green day t shirt! (and if you heard me sing, you'd know why!!).

underwater knife fighting instructor from the 314th Mobile Mess tin repair unit (bath and laundry division) then don't be surprised if some people (ok, yes Me!!) fall about laughing!

How do I go about joining this Reg. and what is their usual loadout? (Mess tin order?)

Some say they use Biscuit Brown as shruiken but none have survived to confirm this. Take it for what you will.

And that they prepare for battle by snorting raw screech powder!

By the way I'm so taking underwater knife fighting instructor from the 314th Mobile Mess tin repair unit (bath and laundry division) as a Team name

By the way I'm so taking underwater knife fighting instructor from the 314th Mobile Mess tin repair unit (bath and laundry division) as a Team name

I admire your courage! just don't be surprised when your back doors are "breach, bang, cleared" by a guy in mess tins and a resi, covered in olive oil and with his eyes streaming from freebasing screech, to discuss copyright issues with you with his underwater knife!!

Gleaming!!! PMSL!!!

but you must incorporate the No2 Dress tie, used to wear such and item, the respirator and his underwater fighting knife!

Gleaming!!! PMSL!!!

but you must incorporate the No2 Dress tie, used to wear such and item, the respirator and his underwater fighting knife!

Aye aye

I'm going to set up a Team thread to stop Dev from banning me for Hijacking the thread XD

Awesome!

Just as long as any "team" members don't have to gear up in the unit load out and get their game on?! That would really fecking hurt!! lol

Awesome!

Just as long as any "team" members don't have to gear up in the unit load out and get their game on?! That would really fecking hurt!! lol

The dress you specified is actually only for ceremonial duties. God you are such a walt! ;)

Fantastic stuff. Put me down for a set.

Any chance you can make them 'winged' Mess Tins to more accurately reflect the SF nature of the unit?

Reckon you could flog these on the Walter Mitty Hunters Club or ARRSE LOL

Now I have visions of them stagging on at Buck Palace or a Guard of Honour at someone's wedding!!! Lol

Imagine their Mess Dress??!! Lol

Well at least they'd beat the Royal Marines at their naked bar competitions?! Lol

It's also worth bearing in mind that all ceremonial dress and accoutrements worn by the British military have, at some point in history been worn in battle

With the obvious exception of the RAF Regiment, because battling in the Naafi doesnt count!!