20140514_170903_zps4f161ce0.jpg

SADF Toiletries Bag

2014-05-14171605_zps60e04e41.jpg

SADF 2l Water bottle and dixie tin set

2014-05-14172127_zpsced94ce6.jpg

SADF Poncho

20140514_170734_zpsc7e8610a.jpg

• Supporters

My Soviet VDV RD-54 pack finally repaired and with the additional correct 4 x AK-74 mag pouch and 1.5L canteen:

10364113_314797695344781_285247207456300

10178113_314797752011442_846847190665366

Basically a seriously hammered piece of kit. If i'd known it was quite as knackered as it is, i may well have declined :lol: but when i get around to distressing the extra mag pouch and canteen pouch it should look TDB with my hessian sacking covered helmet... which i should also photograph i spose lol!

The lid in question, an SSh68:

10004039_314801878677696_448990959039682

Edited by Ian_Gere
lid

post-8249-0-36860800-1400323697_thumb.jpg

Me at Matlock

post-8249-0-60652300-1400323722_thumb.jpg

And me being defended by my son when my goggles have fogged up.....annoying when things are getting hot.

That LR300 is niiice....but what's with the rear sight's position? Is it easier to aim with quickly?

I just noticed where the rear sight is and my puritanical self shuddered :P

I just noticed where the rear sight is and my puritanical self shuddered :P

I've seen pics of RS LR300s used by law enforcement with that setup as well!

I don't understand why.. having the sights closer together makes the gun far less accurate as your point of references have less difference so the rifle will be harder to align properly.. its part of the reason why the AK is a lot less accurate than the M16, the sight is so far down the gun

I just did some reading and it apparently make target acquisition faster with more peripheral vision but your accuracy is massively reduced making it only good for close quarters whereas a long gap is good for both close and medium/long distance encounters

Hi guys

Yes I love the LR300 to bits, Its as beast.

indeed the short sight position feels good to me, I'm no expert I just go with what I find is right for me.

I have tried different positions but i ended up back to what you see there.

• Supporters

At airsoft ranges and with the ''accuracy'' of airsoft guns, an irons setup for speed over grouping is far preferable I'd say. Airsoft guns in general are only capable of firing as accurately as the real thing (i.e. where your zero'd sights point is where the bullet goes, every time) within a small distance. A good quality AK can put 762x39 within about 3-4" at 100 yards, I'm not sure what the max distance would be for an AEG to attain that tight of a group as I'm just not interested in barrels/hop parts/internals, but I'd wager something very roughly around 20m (gun dependent obviously), followed with a max range of about 55-60m for a 350FPS gun that's been extremely thoroughly tuned by a very gifted tech.

That ties in to the proliferation of red dots within airsofting, how many people do you even see that don't run a dot sight? I mean when I think back it's a very rare sight for me personally. Get a few guys with 4x ACOGs/Specters and obviously there's the marksmen/snipers. Few older style guns (often AKs) just running irons, but more often just because they don't have any picatinny on top of the rifle. But outside of that, everyone I personally see with a gun that can easily mount a dot seems to have one and it does makes sense realy. In the real world if you're an awesome shot with a lot of training you can shoot someone at 700m with a dot, but it's a whole truck load easier with magnification, even a biff like me can hit a man at 500 yards with zero prior practice shooting at that range at all, long as I've got a SUSAT. However the concept of red dots was really tailored for close range encounters (10-200m ish, opinions and SOPs vary a lot) and the standard airsoft combat ranges of about 10-50m fit in that bracket very nicely indeed. You only have one point of reference which in the iron sight world would just be crazy, nobody does that, but we're so close in airsoft and the average carbines most people carry just don't shoot shoot anywhere near tight enough to worry about maximising sight radius and spending ages perfectly zeroing optics. Whereas being able to get a bead someone that's close very quickly is very useful indeed. A quick zero with a reasonable quality (or for AEGs even low quality) red dot works great I find.

Usual caveat that obviously all the above is just based on my own experiences, your mileage may and quite possibly will vary.

My loadout.

Fast Jump helmet

ECU2 trousers and shirt

Condor Chest rig and Hydration pack

bNFEMHV.jpg

XUYGwJL.jpg

• Supporters

At airsoft ranges and with the ''accuracy'' of airsoft guns, an irons setup for speed over grouping is far preferable I'd say. Airsoft guns in general are only capable of firing as accurately as the real thing (i.e. where your zero'd sights point is where the bullet goes, every time) within a small distance. A good quality AK can put 762x39 within about 3-4" at 100 yards, I'm not sure what the max distance would be for an AEG to attain that tight of a group as I'm just not interested in barrels/hop parts/internals, but I'd wager something very roughly around 20m (gun dependent obviously), followed with a max range of about 55-60m for a 350FPS gun that's been extremely thoroughly tuned by a very gifted tech.

That ties in to the proliferation of red dots within airsofting, how many people do you even see that don't run a dot sight? I mean when I think back it's a very rare sight for me personally. Get a few guys with 4x ACOGs/Specters and obviously there's the marksmen/snipers. Few older style guns (often AKs) just running irons, but more often just because they don't have any picatinny on top of the rifle. But outside of that, everyone I personally see with a gun that can easily mount a dot seems to have one and it does makes sense realy. In the real world if you're an awesome shot with a lot of training you can shoot someone at 700m with a dot, but it's a whole truck load easier with magnification, even a biff like me can hit a man at 500 yards with zero prior practice shooting at that range at all, long as I've got a SUSAT. However the concept of red dots was really tailored for close range encounters (10-200m ish, opinions and SOPs vary a lot) and the standard airsoft combat ranges of about 10-50m fit in that bracket very nicely indeed. You only have one point of reference which in the iron sight world would just be crazy, nobody does that, but we're so close in airsoft and the average carbines most people carry just don't shoot shoot anywhere near tight enough to worry about maximising sight radius and spending ages perfectly zeroing optics. Whereas being able to get a bead someone that's close very quickly is very useful indeed. A quick zero with a reasonable quality (or for AEGs even low quality) red dot works great I find.

Usual caveat that obviously all the above is just based on my own experiences, your mileage may and quite possibly will vary.

100% agree, I have a magnified optic on my gun to look for arm band colours at distance, 75% of the time I use the small red dot that's mounted on top.

• Supporters

'Kinell Suz, that looks warm!

'Kinell Suz, that looks warm!

It is if I wear another layer underneath, but it's not too bad. :)

Looks good Capt. Really like the mixing of DPM and MTP, looks bad ass!

That's what I thought :) although after the weather today I think I need to swap the shirt for a Multicam UBACS.