Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Sadly I'm too sneaky for people to normally catch me 'in the act' during a game (nothing to do with Skirmish Exeter not having anyone taking photos, honest!), so I'm posing in front of some blue doors instead, there's a seriously operational bathroom behind one, and a huge cupboard full of gear and guns behind the other.

IMG_6920.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6919.jpg

Giving AOR2 a go for a bit, the shirt and trousers faded a bit in the wash which is a shame, will have to pick up some more when funds allow.

Kitlist is as follows:

Head:

Olive baseball cap

MSA Sordin Supreme IV (single comm version)

Eyepro (if I were wearing it) would be ESS Crossbow Suppressor glasses with clear lenses

Olive Shemagh

Clothing:

Allwin AOR2 Crye gen2 style combat uniform.

Gloves are Oakley SI pilot gloves in tan.

Belt is a Viking Tactics rigger belt with cobra buckle, it has a Flyye personal retention lanyard in case I ever need to jump into the back of a little bird quickly.

Boots (not wearing them) are issue goretex assault boots, very comfy!

LBE is an A-Two tactical LBT1961G replica, again in AOR2.

Gadgets include an Adventurelights VIP(IR) strobe on my right shoulder, a Garmin Foretrex 301 GPS on my left wrist and a Gerber recon flashlight stuffed into one of the pistol pouches.

Stuff I need/want to add are belt pouches; I'll probably get a molle dive belt adapter platform to weave a couple of 40mm pouches on for impact grenades and maybe a smoke grenade pouch too. I'm doing this one without a dump pouch as the cargo pockets on the Allwin trousers are HUGE.

I'd quite like to get a US tactical sewing AOR2 sling, but I may just get a BFG VCAS instead, the MS2 I'm using at the moment isn't all that great as a 2 point for a whole day's play.

Stuff that's on order:

AOR2 MAP / MBSS backpack + smoke grenade pouch to go on the side.

AOR2 baseball cap, I already have a boonie, but wearing a boonie with sordins is impossible.

AOR2 double pistol pouch for my belt, will probably move the flashlight down to these and fill the other one with a multitool, leaving the pistol pouches on the chest rig free for magazines.

The look I'm going for here is sort of 'inspired by' NSW / DEVGRU rather than a hard impression (since I don't have anything like the money for that shit, the comms setup alone would set me back a grand!), any glaring errors/omissions that would make it look more super elite navy seal, let me know!

Really like the setup, looks good, although my Z-Tactical Zordins have been great so far, I wish I had the budget to get RS version just so I have piece of mind they will last!

Also, apologies if I missed it in the photos/write up but wheres your pistol??

Ah yes, I saw you posted about that, was it a pre-order? seems ages ago!

Yeah, I am looking at a kydex holster, someone over on ZeroIn said does them for £55 inc molle 'bracket' (hes got good feedback) so might go with him

• Supporters

yeah, pre ordered it in September! Was supposed to be released in October but there's been manufacturing problems and apparently duracoat wasn't a good enough finish, so they're being ceracoted now (excited about this, it'd cost me a fortune to have it done myself). Last update was at the end of November where the manufacturer said '10 days', so we'll see, I don't expect to have it until January at the earliest!

If it's rub-tong you were thinking about on zero-in unfortunately he doesn't do them anymore, I asked :(

Yes it was that same fella, I asked him a couple weeks ago and he said the same BUT he would do me one last holster. I said it would be a couple weeks until I got paid though

I best go double check with him!!

• Supporters

They're cerakoated? That's a bonus that probably justifies the wait then, if they did them for other pistols then I'd probably go for one, the glock grip is just not the right shape for my hands (or vice-versa).

jcheeseright, where abouts did you get your AOR2 and how much was it? Cheers

• Supporters

jcheeseright, where abouts did you get your AOR2 and how much was it? Cheers

clothing is all by Allwin ( www.dragonredairsoft.com ), about $130 for the set including shipping

chest rig is by A-Two tactical which was about $200 including shipping - if you search for vythepiglet on eBay they often have A-Two stuff in.

bought a toy soldier AOR2 hydration back panel for it too, so I had some real AOR2 to compare it all to and the colour and pattern match is very very good.

Oh, and just to check I bought a TMC pistol mag pouch to compare pattern, needless to say it was shite and now lives in landfill.

• Supporters

^^That'll be why Z1 had TMC gear at 20% off yesterday :lol:

After a mix up with my first order, replacement arrived today for part of my AFSOC loadout

Extremely happy with how comfortable this is compared to my RS gentex ACH

44D0478D-A500-459E-946B-62123B8FC2DF_zps

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good Nick!

I'm in two minds whether to sell my tan 901 which I bought for a similar loadout do the one your doing right now. (I'll be replacing it with the LBT vest you asked about on Arnies - been trying to track one of those down for the best part of 6 months!)

Looking good Nick!

I'm in two minds whether to sell my tan 901 which I bought for a similar loadout do the one your doing right now. (I'll be replacing it with the LBT vest you asked about on Arnies - been trying to track one of those down for the best part of 6 months!)

Cheers,

Do you mean the MBSS?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-USMC-LBT-LONDON-BRIDGE-TRADING-CO-FULL-VEST-COYOTE-BROWN-NEW/360817311852?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3494938405778260695%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D360786699964%26

It's pretty damn close to a CB FLC, only difference being the shoulders and possibly the belt loops. It's the closest thing I've seen this side of the pond that wasn't going for silly money, but I gave up looking months ago lol.

I just had look on Ebay USA and the FLC's are decently priced now so I might go with one of them depending on when I get the money spare.

RE the MBSS though, where did you get a Tan PACA? I'm considering doing something similar if I dont go down the FLC route.

Ahh yea, I couldn't find any pic of people using them so decided not to go for it and went for the MBSS, which yu can get here and RRVs BTW: http://www.airsoftsupplydrop.co.uk/store/combat-gear/vests-1/molle-vests.html

I never managed to get a tan PACA, I decided to get a ranger green one of landwarrior. As I'm doing woodland MARPAT and M81 loadouts it works better and isn't really noticeable

Cheers mate, it really isn't noticable at all, I had a look back at your pictures before I asked and thought it was a tan one!

Looks like we'll be running almost identical loadouts soon.

Will post up pictures when I get it all sorted.

No worries, yea ranger green works with pretty much anything!

I should have a few bits coming that'll finish of the rig.. but the MARPAT shirt may have to wait as theres some stuff I need for my African kit

Haha yea we will! Great it'll be good to see!

Here's my UKSF, Iraq TFB inspired RAV and MICH.

Just need some better pistol mag pouches and a few more nitty bitty bits

I also have no idea whats meant to go on the back as I can seem to find a photo of someones back...! So if someone can help that'd be great!

DSC0208555555_zpsf0da3c5d.jpg

Here's my UKSF, Iraq TFB inspired RAV and MICH.
Just need some better pistol mag pouches and a few more nitty bitty bits
I also have no idea whats meant to go on the back as I can seem to find a photo of someones back...! So if someone can help that'd be great!

Water?

Ahhhh

what type.. is it a BHI style one, the older stye or a MAP pack type thing???

Ahhhh

what type.. is it a BHI style one, the older stye or a MAP pack type thing???

BHI mate, that's if they bother, you have to remember that most SF pick and choose their kit totally to personal preference, very little is physically issued, they have access to basically anything on the market, it's the same with their weapons, I'm trying to get you a couple of pics from the stores of a unit to show you exactly what I mean