Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Oops! Posted in the wrong thread.

This is the pic I meant to post here:

right_sleeve.jpg

I probly should have brushed that velcro before taking this, but hey ho...

My completed Alfa Group FSB loadout

Budget version: Note, Alfa do not usually wear Tigr, they usually wear Black or Multicam, but I wanted a definite Russian look. They do wear western gear, so Oakley's are not completely wrong. Other than the helmet, which is just a budget helmet, the loadout comes together when it's all on. All I'd need to add is a holster, and perhaps Black boots, but anything goes really.. gives it that "got your military gear from a jumble sale" look that some Russian operators have.

Kit list:

M88 Olive Drab Helmet
Black Ballistic Goggles / Black Mesh Goggles
Balaclavas - Black and Woodland
Helikon-Tex Camogrom CPU Shirt
Flora T-Shirt
Alfa Group and Russian Flag Patches
Oakley Gloves / Black Fingerless
Tigr Assault Vest (Russian)
Olive Drab Belt
Helikon-Tex Camogrom SFU Trousers
Mil-Tec Black Kneepads
Cotton Traders Tan Hiking Boot

post-6221-0-20806100-1375194398_thumb.jpg

Well just put together something 'special' for the killing house game on Wednesday. Its a spring and gas only, so I needed a loadout focussed on making my ASG tri shot very usable.

p9cd.jpg
I am a bit of a US 5.11 nut, so this is 5.11 boots, trousers, shirt and hat, stuff I wear day to day actually as its so good. The chest rig is Bulle lightweight brought for the job, as is the 12 shotgun shell pouch molle linked to the front. Both highly recommended based on testing around the house over last couple of days (drilling shell loading from pouch and using dump pocket). Will see how they actually perform under fire tomorrow.
The usual 'mag section' in the middle is housing my tornado grenade and smokes, while the side pouches are doubling as a FFD / med kit (with attached double pistol mag for my PX4) and the other left empty as a 'dump' pouch for spent shells. PX4 in IMI holster on my belt (not visible) and as last ditch my 'knife' fits neatly under the molle strapping. (Obviously wont work for a 'real' one, if anyone knows where to get a suitable molle holster for a training knife pls PM me)
So US survivalist / local marshal look for the next game :)
If this all works as hoped I will be adding a hydration pouch on the back, a proper dump pouch (either on back or folding molle linked off un-used side pouch) and a radio pouch to left shoulder.Plus changing the med kit pouch zipper pull strings to red with a subdued 'red cross' patch. Just want to properly battle test before spending more on tan coloured gear.

Looks good, I'd cinch up the straps and wear that rig a little higher though, it's a chest rig not a belly rig!

Hehe, yes in this case the location was deliberate as its acting more as belt with yoke than chest rig. Mainly as I wanted to keep the dump 'pocket' at belt height.

I have some ideas for a matching belt kit which once I sort would allow this to move up to the more normal 'chest' position, since it would add a 'proper' dump pouch and holster on the belt level.

Although I am still experimenting with what feels right :) So may once i get going end up pulling it up a bit anyway.

• Supporters
Delivery from UR-Tac.

These are the Fast Response which is their more basic model with (included) internal formed foam knee pads. The ATACS-FG version in particular features 500D cordura reinforcement on the knees (which is a big plus) and seat.

IMG_1700_zpsb8422483.jpgIMG_1706_zps235d6a16.jpg

3D Battles; which are a slightly heavier and cheaper but more robust interpretation of Crye Gen 2s without any of the stretch materials. A very good compromise between Crye G2/3 and the Fast Response or a more conventional BDU/ACU. The OPS pads that come included are more like the Crye Gen1 pads and I tend to swap them out for Crye Airflex, but they are quite serviceable.

IMG_1709_zps3b0a3cfc.jpgIMG_1710_zps70079feb.jpg

Also nabbed a hat to go in with the order while I was making one.

IMG_1715_zps59ac1526.jpg

Here is my African Loadout in its three variations. Its based of the Mercenaries from Angola in the 1980s although could possibly be a clandestine SADF loadout from the Border/Bush War

Version 1

DSC02062_zps2a835bfd.jpg

DSC02063_zps12e47a11.jpg

Version 2

DSC02066_zpsf1bdb82e.jpg

DSC02067_zps9b24142e.jpg

Version 3

DSC02068_zps303d51f0.jpg

DSC02069_zpse5b610dc.jpg

Kit List:

Clothing:

French para boonie "Leopard" camo (repro)

Scrim Scalf

Portuguese Lizard Camo Shirt

British Olive Lightweight Trousers

Lowa Patrol boots (only non kosher bit)

Gear:

M83 SADF Battle Jacket w/ 58 patt poncho and Kenyan Massai Knife

M83 SADF Chest Webbing dated 1986

M83 SADF Rucksack dated 1982 (this was used by 44para in the Bush War then went out to Iraq in the 90's with some Mercs so it has a bit of history)

Weapons:

ICS Galil ARM, will be turned into the SADF R4 when I can afford the parts from SA

TM Colt Python .357 6" (not pictured)

There'll be some pics of it being used in the pictures of you in the field section

My modern Alfa loadout, on a budget. I'm aware a v-95 tigr omon vest is not kit, but it breaks up the camogrom and gives a russian feel. Can also run mvd kit with it.. Need to get a black vest and boots. I'm happy with the helmet. Ak74m ris with eotech and grip to go with kit, also some ss-leto and ryab.

Comments?

post-6221-0-15657500-1375853249_thumb.jpg

post-6221-0-33547400-1375853273_thumb.jpg

My modern Alfa loadout, on a budget. I'm aware a v-95 tigr omon vest is not kit, but it breaks up the camogrom and gives a russian feel. Can also run mvd kit with it.. Need to get a black vest and boots. I'm happy with the helmet. Ak74m ris with eotech and grip to go with kit, also some ss-leto and ryab.

Comments?

Russian soldiers often have mismatched kit,so you'll be fine. I really like the look.

You can get OMON Issue boots and glove for a good price.

What helmet is that? Looks like a mix of a a Maska and a PASGT.

• Supporters

My nice new Skirmish patch...
itrk.jpg
...next to the place where I slashed an inch of the shirt with a seam ripper when I altered the angle of the velcro, doh! :unsure: We've been asking for these patches ever since I've been airsofting, which is since a month after Skirmish Airsoft Mansfield opened - 18 months-ish. Finally! I like the choice of subdued colour - it isn't MTP or DPM but looks fine on either :)

Next we have someone on here's great idea for keeping kneepads from slipping: "knee-loops"
34y7.jpg
...which work a treat. I only bothered with one loop on each leg, on the outside for the lower pad strap. I reasoned that holding the strap in place on the inside also/instead might make it dig in or become irritating. You cant see it on this photo but the loops have a backing made from folded bias binding for added strength. TBF I'm not sure they really need extra strength for their purpose, but it may well help if one gets caught on some undergrowth or random detritus.

I highly recommend this trouser upgrade. Lets have it right, integral knee pads must move with the trouser leg so, unless the cut style is very tight legged, the pads can move to the sides and become less/non- usefull. Also integral knee pads are thinner, so can't offer as much shock protection during those commando rolls gone wrong and generalised dives which make airsofting so much of a laugh :P:lol: but hitching up even decent but slipping knee pads all day is a pain up the arse which nobody needs. Even my Hatch Centurion pads slip a little. I don't much like tight cut kecks anyway, but definitely not to wear skirmishing - it's a problem alright!

Tadaa! No longer! Muahahahaa!

All images Uploaded with ImageShack.us