Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

No, I don't want it to either. Hmph.

Does the medic pouch not get in the way of drawing your pistol?

When he mounts it on the belt it will, should put it on backwards and cross draw, that's what I've done

Not usually a fan of MTP but I have to say, loadouts like that are warming me up to them.

I've updated my loadout a little, so guess I should get some pics up of it soon.

MTP loadouts which are British and actually going for a certain look, look good its when people have the MTP for the sake of MTP because its MTP, those are the loaoduts that makes me, personally, dislike it. Now in fairness obviously everyone is not going to be able to put together something like Ed's its just my preference.

• Supporters

Yeah, I did want my pistol where the utility pouch is on my belt, but drawing it would be impossible. because of the medic pouch. Which sucks because I really wanted to be able to ditch the drop leg to have less black ruining the camo. =/

The belt does cover up a lot of the holster straps though, and it ends up being more or less just below the belt on my leg anyway, so I don't think it's too bad. It also saves space for a lot more rifle mags on the belt, meaning I can more freely dump my rig if the situation calls for speed, or if it gets too hot.

ED you could try a Blackhawk "Jacket Duty Belt Loop". Drops the holster down a few inches.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBLACKHAWK-Jacket-Slot-Holster-Screws%2Fdp%2FB0018A83IW&ei=1OnoUb2DBorF0QXHpYDACQ&usg=AFQjCNEUWygMVukv_ss3--nZvgMXTg-hRA&sig2=7hU5inY1iSdxOJhyilzBeg

Finding one in stock is not easy......there is one on ebay but it is nearly £120 which must be a typo!

ED you could try a Blackhawk "Jacket Duty Belt Loop". Drops the holster down a few inches.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CD8QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FBLACKHAWK-Jacket-Slot-Holster-Screws%2Fdp%2FB0018A83IW&ei=1OnoUb2DBorF0QXHpYDACQ&usg=AFQjCNEUWygMVukv_ss3--nZvgMXTg-hRA&sig2=7hU5inY1iSdxOJhyilzBeg

Finding one in stock is not easy......there is one on ebay but it is nearly £120 which must be a typo!

Soldier of Fortune have them for £16.99 and they're in stock I believe.

• Supporters

Can they be fitted to molle? The website doesn't say. If they can they'll I'll pick one up and hope for the best.

Cheers for digging the links out.

ignore the SOLD bit but this is mine fitted to my old WAS PLB belt.

143_1665_zpsc912a6f5.jpg

Is now fitted to my new TAS battle belt. No movement at all.

• Supporters

Sweet, placing my order now. :D

• Supporters

I think it was Mike I was talking to about plastic machete's. Anywho, that gave me the idea. It cost £3.99 inc P&P from fleabay and comes with an all shiny silver 'blade', unlike the photo in the listing. That would never do so I taped off the 'edge' and sprayed the blade black. I then removed the tape to see how it looked, decided it looked far too pristine and distressed it. I then sprayed it with Clear Coat, like a pillock forgetting what this would do to the shiny edge - I then had to take the varnish off the edge with thinners, which has taken a bit of silver with it :( ho hum...

u7vy.jpg

I also wrapped the hilt in the trad Japanese manner, using an extra long bootlace I had knocking about. Not too bad looking I think. Then I needed a sheath. It's surprisingly difficult to find them for reasonable money, so I made my own. I started with two sparkling water bottles and shaped them around a couple of bits of wood by pouring boiling water onto them:

puii.jpg

I then sewed a DPM cover for it and glued it in place:

4n2n.jpg

The webbing straps are stitched to the cover and form a belt loop with velcro. It's designed to be carried on a shoulder strap, as above, or looped over the inside of a PLCE belt like this:

oc0x.jpg

• Supporters

Holy fuck Ian, that's amazing! :o

I'd have never though of usin pop bottles for a sheath either.

Shiny shiny!

• Supporters

I'd have never though of usin pop bottles for a sheath either.

Yeah, I first thought of it a while ago when I was considering making a sheath for my sh!tty shotty, but I didn't think of moulding it with hot water until I started this. I first thought that if I folded the plastic back on its curve that it would form the shape I wanted on its own, once the two cut edges were rejoined. In practice I think that would have been fine for a real machete, but would have soon taken the paint off this one.

Anyway, its not hard to do. You just have to spread it out flat on the bottom of a bath and put a plate on top to keep it in position. Start with small splashes on the corners and wear gloves so you can use your fingers to guide the plastic, as it has a tendency to curl up. I suspect that it could be formed around metal items like Kydex; you'd just have to be patient with it.

• Supporters

Ed, if I were you I'd spray the holster tan, to match the gloves and bits of the MTP on the Osprey, like the velcro on the mag pouches.

A mate picked up some tan krylon from Patrol Base today, so I think that might have decided for me lol.

My loadout so far

China made Ciras vest and pouches- £23

MTP Shirt and Trousers- £32

Mil Com Boots- £30

Knee Pads- £16

Multicam Hat- Free :D

Fake Oakley gloves- £15

Magpul MS2 Sling- £10

Mesh Goggles- £13

Mesh face mask (not shown)- £14

G&P M4A1- £160

Belt- £10

Total= £343 (battery and charger included)

zjx73c.jpg

33jh8g0.jpg

And If anyone is interested the photos were taken with a Pentax K30 and a Pentax 35-80mm f4/5.6

• Supporters

Is the M4 two tone?

'Cos if it is, it actually looks rather Canadian-ish.