Nutster

Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

2669 posts in this topic

iirc i won/ i went on a rampage through their vets. theres a few more piccys leading after but they just look confusing but heres the link, see if you can figure it out... http://www.flickr.com/photos/16849534@N03/sets/72157635427506503/

Insanityx likes this

Just a few snaps of my PMC night ops load out. It's extremely light weight as I like to move in close for the kill. And the lighter/quieter it is the better.

post-8082-0-41674200-1378844308_thumb.jpg

post-8082-0-43083100-1378844323_thumb.jpg

post-8082-0-20214600-1378844336_thumb.jpg

post-8082-0-30588200-1378844347_thumb.jpg

Dalloway Jnr and Monty like this

I, Frizzle, for once will posted a picture of my what I look like with my basic loadout.

Note: I did manage to lose my tactical vest.... and this photo was taken yesterday, not during the times I skirmished (over a year ago).

Oh yeh, and um.... ignore the background as it is my mum's room. I only have about 1.5 metres of space horizontally after my bed takes up most of the space in my room.

And as you can see, I wear specs.

ak_zps46b9d20c.jpg

SO, um... Do I look good? Me looking shmexy?

Scorpia, you can't tell the poor lad his mother has granny dresses! We're supposed to laugh in secret instead!

Frizzle, despite the DPM, to me you look like some form of PLA rogue Merc. or terrorist. Nice loadout mate!

SimonQuigley likes this

Scorpia, you can't tell the poor lad his mother has granny dresses! We're supposed to laugh in secret instead!

Frizzle, despite the DPM, to me you look like some form of PLA rogue Merc. or terrorist. Nice loadout mate!

btw.... that granny dress you're talking about..... is part of the sheet..... she doesn't roam around the streets with a blanket around her....

And those hanging on the closet.... are shirts.....

TeddyBhoy likes this

I was thinking PIRA. Don't want to mess with their mothers...

TeddyBhoy likes this

Yeah I see what you mean Ian, I noticed myself but people get a bit touchy whenever domestic terrorists are mentioned...

Change your smooth shell for an old OD pullover and ditch the boonie then you'll have a whole new loadout for playing Opfor Frizz! ;)

Yeah I see what you mean Ian, I noticed myself but people get a bit touchy whenever domestic terrorists are mentioned...

Change your smooth shell for an old OD pullover and ditch the boonie then you'll have a whole new loadout for playing Opfor Frizz! ;)

Stare at little kids whilst wearing balaclava should put them out of their place.

Run around the field with an ak47 shouting "ULLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLALLA!" and randomly blind firing everywhere whilst i'm at it.

Seems legit.

Wasn't you I was worried about offending mate, the PIRA and its similar organisations are still a very touchy subject. A lot of people died, on both sides, so it's hard to find someone who doesn't have a family member involved somewhere lol!

Can see you walking about now, coughing out quotes by Bobby Sands and Patsy O'hara like a little rebel with tourettes while you're spraying your AK everywhere.

Wasn't you I was worried about offending mate, the PIRA and its similar organisations are still a very touchy subject. A lot of people died, on both sides, so it's hard to find someone who doesn't have a family member involved somewhere lol!

Can see you walking about now, coughing out quotes by Bobby Sands and Patsy O'hara like a little rebel with tourettes while you're spraying your AK everywhere.

aaa shiit... i wasn't aware of what PIRA was.....

aaa shiit... i wasn't aware of what PIRA was.....

:blink: wtf? See that's amazing to me. On so many levels. I mean sh!t, it's just as well that whomever/whatever actually is Al Qaeda, they're not as good at it as the PIRA was, yet somebody who comes across as an intelligent young person didn't know the name of those responsible for blowing up our government!

TeddyBhoy and Kaza66 like this

people have short memories Ian, Stormont was a long time ago now.

Well I take your point, James, but 408 years is a lot longer and I'll bet he knows who tried and failed to do pretty much the same thing back then...

:blink: wtf? See that's amazing to me. On so many levels. I mean sh!t, it's just as well that whomever/whatever actually is Al Qaeda, they're not as good at it as the PIRA was, yet somebody who comes across as an intelligent young person didn't know the name of those responsible for blowing up our government!

but... but... but... i'm only 15........ I'm still too young to be socially aware of political events...... I'm still grasping onto my innocence! Not onto adolescence yet!

think your phone agreed... and he might have gotten ya if you had dropped the p and just said ira. considering how many different ira branches there is bound ta have heard of them. and not that some version of them isnt still active unfortunately... anyhow back to the topic, MOAR GUNZ!!!

Well I wrote PIRA because it was the Provisional Irish Republican Army who did the deed to which I was referring. Had it been the "Real IRA" or some other drug dealing extortionists masquerading as a political organisation, then that it what I would have written. I feel it's generally good to be precise when discussing such matters, because, as has been noted, they often involve strong feelings and issues concerning which many people have adopted the polarised simplistic opinion/s espoused by those who proselytise/d the credo of a "side".

I think that in this case the point which I was mainly making also required such precision because I did intend to refer specifically to the organisation which viewed itself, and was viewed by the majority of Irish Catholics regardless of whether they lived in Eire or Ulster and also regardless of whether they practised religion, as the legitimate armed forces of The Provisional Irish Republic, the existence of which superseded the acceptance of the treaty conditions which created the Republic which exists now. The point may seem trivial, however it is far from it.

The PIRA managed to operate extremely successfully right on our doorstep, where surveillance would have been far, far, easier than in, say, Saudi Arabia, and at a time when Political Correctness, as it became known, was still just a twinkle in progressively minded individuals' eyes, hence mainland British police did arrest and beat/torture people for nothing more than having an Irish accent. To my mind that sets them apart from the generalisation of 'terrorist' which today is glibly applied to any armed person/group/country whom/which are/is dissatisfied with the Pax Americana, so long as they originate in the Muslim world.

Thus a loadout consisting of black and DPM, including a black bally rather than, for eg a shemagh, and armed with an AK47 which reminds me of the soldiers of a genuine realistic enemy of the UK Govt circa 1980 seems to me to be worth pointing out and distinguishing from a loadout which could have been worn by, for eg, in other circumstances than those for which he is infamous, some bell end who failed to set fire to his own underpants...

Frizz, 15 is a lot older than many of the combatants in the world's most protracted conflicts.

TeddyBhoy, kerby91 and Airsoft_Mr B like this

exactly why i would have said ira as pira is such a specific term it would easily have escaped a younger person. and i dont think ive ever seen any paramilitary markings with pira on it they always refered to themselves as ira(but then politicians etc always change it, specially now with the breakoff groups...) not that ive any time for any of that crap. fools on both sides. but anyhow yea its not far off the paramilitarys look...

Well I wrote PIRA because it was the Provisional Irish Republican Army who did the deed to which I was referring. Had it been the "Real IRA" or some other drug dealing extortionists masquerading as a political organisation, then that it what I would have written. I feel it's generally good to be precise when discussing such matters, because, as has been noted, they often involve strong feelings and issues concerning which many people have adopted the polarised simplistic opinion/s espoused by those who proselytise/d the credo of a "side".

I think that in this case the point which I was mainly making also required such precision because I did intend to refer specifically to the organisation which viewed itself, and was viewed by the majority of Irish Catholics regardless of whether they lived in Eire or Ulster and also regardless of whether they practised religion, as the legitimate armed forces of The Provisional Irish Republic, the existence of which superseded the acceptance of the treaty conditions which created the Republic which exists now. The point may seem trivial, however it is far from it.

The PIRA managed to operate extremely successfully right on our doorstep, where surveillance would have been far, far, easier than in, say, Saudi Arabia, and at a time when Political Correctness, as it became known, was still just a twinkle in progressively minded individuals' eyes, hence mainland British police did arrest and beat/torture people for nothing more than having an Irish accent. To my mind that sets them apart from the generalisation of 'terrorist' which today is glibly applied to any armed person/group/country whom/which are/is dissatisfied with the Pax Americana, so long as they originate in the Muslim world.

Thus a loadout consisting of black and DPM, including a black bally rather than, for eg a shemagh, and armed with an AK47 which reminds me of the soldiers of a genuine realistic enemy of the UK Govt circa 1980 seems to me to be worth pointing out and distinguishing from a loadout which could have been worn by, for eg, in other circumstances than those for which he is infamous, some bell end who failed to set fire to his own underpants...

Frizz, 15 is a lot older than many of the combatants in the world's most protracted conflicts.

I see now. I was aware of terrorists but not from PIRA. I guess.... hmmm.... but... i've been so attached to my karrimor jacket... it's been with me on every expedition and never failed to break down.

Hmmm, I was thinking of changing to digital camo, more of a grey or dessert type because tbh, i don't like dpm too much.

exactly why i would have said ira as pira is such a specific term it would easily have escaped a younger person. and i dont think ive ever seen any paramilitary markings with pira on it they always refered to themselves as ira(but then politicians etc always change it, specially now with the breakoff groups...) not that ive any time for any of that crap. fools on both sides. but anyhow yea its not far off the paramilitarys look...

I googled IRA grafiti and found about 3 of the PIRA on just the first page. It's a lot more common to see CIRA or RIRA though as these are off shoots distanting themselves from the IRA and Sinn fein for being "scum" (by agreeing to a peace process I'm presuming, haven't read up on the subject recently)

You have to take into account that the grafitti will have been written throughout the years as the organisation took different forms. We also have to think, would the majority of actual IRA men, who were trying to be low key and stay off the radar, risk being caught by spraying rubbish on walls? I doubt it. It is more likely that it has been written by your common man, angry at Britain, (or Ireland, as both sides liked to make murals) who was no more part of the organisations than you or me. Also, as this would have been in the 60's-90's the internet wasn't there, so the person doing the grafitti would only learn through what they could hear on the street, or news. So different names will have been used by different people just because they heard it on the news and thought it sounded good.

Just my way of looking at it, I'm probably wrong.

But yeah, whilst me and Ian may think PIRA automatically, others will think IRA, RIRA, dependent on their experiences and knowledge etc.