Emerson gen2 AOR2

Low a desert boots

Oakley si gloves

Condor "operator" cap

Warrior assault systems DCS

G&G top tech 416

FCAA2164-3EDE-42CE-B1CE-A2F6D4BDBA94_zps

djben9, Sacarathe, MrMcG and 1 other like this

Thanks i'll keep that in mind and look at some surplus gear, i'm not fussed about the branded stuff anyway, the surplus gear i've bought before has worked out and been fairly hardwearing the way i throw myself around at times.

Now, dont hate me, but im also a cyclist. yep one of those annoying twats who dress up in skimpy spandex and clog all the roads up. I also MTB too so it kinda evens it out.... Anyway, cyclists are big fans of Merino wool clothing for cooler/cold riding.

I commute to work and even in the really cold spell last week (minus 4 apparently) i wear a short sleeve merino T shirt or even a just a compression vest under a softshell jacket.

What im waffling on about here is the merino acts as a warm wicking layer thats tight to your skin, keeps sweat away from your skin and helps regulate your body temp. Have a look into layering up and you may find you dont need a softshell, or you could use them both. But layers are the key thing

For instance, just been for a run, its approx 9deg outside, so longsleeve merino with a running t-shirt on. Toasty.

Seems like ages since I was last snapped in gear. Anyway this was taken after a Marshall vs player game at my local site (I was Marshalling hence the orange)

Face is blurred to hide the hideous face I was pulling.post-7335-0-49830100-1453573396_thumb.jpg

What im waffling on about here is the merino acts as a warm wicking layer thats tight to your skin, keeps sweat away from your skin and helps regulate your body temp. Have a look into layering up and you may find you dont need a softshell, or you could use them both. But layers are the key thing.

I understand where your coming from, i do have and use some cold weather base layers for outdoor running that have moisture wicking etc. but where i play at the moment the sites aren't huge so theres not huge amounts of running so i don't find i get as warm/hot as i would if i went for a run, especially stood around the safe zone waiting for people to hurry up for the next game :/

So i'm thinking of layering with a fleece when it's really cold but removing layers here and there after lunch once the days warmed up. It's been pretty mild lately down here so all of this prep for the cold could be for no reason.

Winter comes around every year, never a bad thing to invest in kit for adverse conditions.

Hot weather is easy (comparatively), you only need one layer. If you want to be as comfortable as possible in whatever sorts of inclement weather you might encounter, you need a lot more stuff and it'll cost a lot more to get a full system together.

This is my starting load out.

In the next few weeks I'm looking at changing out the rail for a low profile rail and maybe the Holographic sight for an Aim point Comp M4 RDS or maybe an ACOG.

I'm also looking at getting a First Aid Kit Pouch, coz you never know, as well as a utility pouch for anything else I feel like carrying with me.

In the long run I'm thinking of getting a SA VZ58 kitted up as my primary and grabbing a Glock 17 too. The MP5/Glock 19 would then become a backup.

I'm also thinking of whacking a RIS System with a Vertical Grip and Bipod on the MP5, sticking a long Suppressor on and using some stubby mags for a cool marksman like look that can quickly be swapped out for the torch foregrip between games.

Any thoughts?

post-12372-0-16075200-1454034814_thumb.jpg

Monty and Randymanpipe like this

Bipod on the MP5

If you personally really want to do that then obviously it's your gun, but it makes no practical sense and to be honest, even aesthetically it's illogical because the 9mm MP5 is literally the worst candidate for a bi-pod there is. It's a close quarters usage weapon, stick to a red dot and a light. Bi-Pods, short mags and magnified optics only make sense on weapons firing rifle rounds, generally 5.45mm (AK-74) or above; preferably 5.56x45mm or 7.62x51mm replicas if you want an an actually authentic look.

Believe me I went there at the start stick a bi-pod on my first AEG, so have plenty of other guys. I ended up chucking the thing after 1 game and there are plenty of other people who've done the exact same thing.

If you can, try and hike that drop-leg holster strap as high up as it'll possibly go. Every site has at least a couple of very new players every game with their Viper drop-knee holsters flapping around like a fish out of water, you don't wanna be that guy, it's just uncomfortable and slows you down.

Yeah it was just an idea floating round in my head. Wanted to do something a bit different with it and may start playing around with the internal and use it as a bit of a learning platform. But I see what you're saying.

It's the vz58 I'm looking forward to customising more. Just want the mp5 to.be comfortable but at the moment that holo is just too high up.

As for the thigh holster I will be tightening it all up. I've barely had time to get everything on and comfortable at the moment so it all needs tweaking.

this is some of my loadout I like to use.post-12525-0-06990500-1454160010_thumb.jpgpost-12525-0-75856200-1454160011_thumb.jpgpost-12525-0-59670300-1454160014_thumb.jpgpost-12525-0-50518600-1454160017_thumb.jpgpost-12525-0-11559600-1454160020_thumb.jpgpost-12525-0-54236200-1454160022_thumb.jpg

post-5822-0-99617600-1455488406_thumb.jpeg

All my new kit tried on this evening - #stupid phone selfie.....

Urgh just noticed it's also on its side - sod it.

MrMcG and Sacarathe like this

My loadout at R. I. F. T. Airsoft's The Defilade on Sunday:

TM Beretta M92F in Safariland 6004.

TM Uzi with Magpul sling.

TAD Ranger hoodie.

TAD Force 10 cargos.

TAD Watch cap.

TAD Shermagh.

Mechanix gloves.

Bulle MLE vest + various pouches.

ACM Multicam hydration pack plus TAD SOLAS patch.

Alta knee-pads.

Merrell All Out Blaze Mid boots.

post-12290-0-83193200-1455720006_thumb.jpg

SeniorSpaz87 and Monty like this

One of my Loadouts, inspired by the series of pictures showing two SAS lads training in the Brecon Beacons, 1970...
8f3c0110-c0b6-490b-833b-85666caf6b25_zps
Just in case youre not familiar with these, this might help put it in context...

3e8b8c52-b307-4e3b-a114-e123e644a8ff_zps

b0e2856a-3f54-4546-9c99-f023b638168f_zps729b9ad9-dee1-4189-a337-f56e44418355_zps9d5204a1-6021-4da8-afa7-0d711b55ce5f_zps

Kit List:
Norwegian army field cap
Scrim net scarf
59 Pattern Denison smock
WW2 Camouflage Windproof Smock (dated 1943)
50 Pattern (1953) jungle trousers (trousers drill green)
Roll pin belt
Altimeter pouch (with prismatic compass)
Armalite AR-15 'drop loop' pouch
44 Pattern water bottle pouch (with later WB)
Escape & Evasion (E&E) pouch
Early 58 pattern WB pouch
Modified DMS boots
Armalite AR-15 (G&P M16vn)
These featured in AI last year...
9c375397-ba6d-4053-a800-505f028b1472_zps

Hi guys first post on this site.

Been airsofting since mid last year but have been using airsoft weapons for about 12 years have a huge affinity for weapons of any kind.

My loadout has expanded greatly since I got my UKARA.

My kit consists of:

TM 416 devgru with a TM M320 with 5 shells

My custom limcat 5.1 high cap

A tru spec multicam black camo setup

An FMA bump helmet (used to use the full face mask)

Go pro hero+ 3 brought by my wife.

But that is just what I have on me my loadout is much much bigger.

The site I go to is Red 1 airsoft in kings Langley Hertfordshire thankfully about 15 minutes away from my house.

post-12370-0-20845600-1456607072_thumb.jpg

post-12370-0-51648000-1456607108_thumb.jpg

Monty and proffrink like this

Ok so I changed the DCS again.

1ADF2867-0D86-41F5-95E9-48B374B8B325_zps

Managed to do a swap for my WAS taco pouches for the new WAS elastic retention pouches. Much cleaner look and as I only run the M4/pmags I didn't need the adjustability anymore.

TomC likes this

A few snaps of me from yesterday (mostly with my unicorn melee weapon)

Helmet
TMC airframe
Wilcox nvg mount
Replica SOE NSW counter weight pouch

1st line
TMC AVS (RG)
GMR minimap gen2 (Multicam)
Blue force gear 10 speed pouch (CB)

2nd line

Primark leather belt(BK)

British army 40mm belt(DPM)

Roll up dump pouch (Flecktarn sprayed black)

Clothing
Desert night camo parka (shortened to a BDU length)
TMC gen3 trousers
British army assault boots.

Weapons
G&P MK18
Mr fluffy unicorn of death (4 confirmed kills)
Umarex H&K 417

post-7335-0-51211900-1456775874_thumb.jpg

post-7335-0-87074600-1456775881_thumb.jpg

post-7335-0-71277600-1456775885_thumb.jpg

Ok so I changed the DCS again.

Managed to do a swap for my WAS taco pouches for the new WAS elastic retention pouches. Much cleaner look and as I only run the M4/pmags I didn't need the adjustability anymore.

Is that OD green or the ranger green one?

A few snaps of me from yesterday (mostly with my unicorn melee weapon)

Helmet

TMC airframe

Wilcox nvg mount

Replica SOE NSW counter weight pouch

1st line

TMC AVS (RG)

GMR minimap gen2 (multicam)

Blue force gear 10 speed pouch (CB)

Clothing

Desert night camo parka (shortened to a BDU length)

TMC gen3 trousers

British army assault boots.

Weapons

G&P MK18

Mr fluffy unicorn of death (4 confirmed kills)

Umarex H&K 417

So errrmmmm....where the pics at?

ImTriggerHappy and MrMcG like this

Is that OD green or the ranger green one?

OD green. Pic was lightened on my phone so gives an off colour to the green.

The site I go to is Red 1 airsoft in kings Langley Hertfordshire thankfully about 15 minutes away from my house.

You must be pretty close to me then too; it's less than 10 mins from me (I'm in between Ricky and Watford area.) I'll keep an eye out and say hi if i manage to get to Red 1 any time soon.

The double post must have omitted them one second !

Fixed it

Lozart likes this

You must be pretty close to me then too; it's less than 10 mins from me (I'm in between Ricky and Watford area.) I'll keep an eye out and say hi if i manage to get to Red 1 any time soon.

Hi, I live the other way near berkhamsted. I will keep an eye out for you next time I go.

Planning to go back on the 13th of March.