Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

I'm 5'11" 93Kg so not exactly slim, but my RICAS isn't tight at its minimum. I've got it set pulled tighter by rearranging the way the bands tie inside the back, because I want it tight enough to help support my back. I suppose they must be made with wearing more underneath in mind, but I'd have thought that there aren't many soldiers who are as big as it can go at maximum size, whereas there must be plenty of people who could do with it smaller.

Unfortunately that's as tight as it will get and I have a very high metabolism so tightly fitting my plate carrier is nigh on impossible.

If you have a small build (as am i), Warrior RICAS Compacts should be small enough, but you could always try a belt rig if not? :)

Or hit the gym? :L

If you're a skinny guy like me, an Eagle Industries plate carrier with cummerbund might be what you're looking for. Or something similar at least, like a Flyye FAPC, the adjustment is different to other plate carriers that I've used before and it fits really skinny people :)

Fake ballistic plates in your carrier will help a lot, it tightens it up around the chest. I have thick foam in mine and it works great.

Im also on the skinny bastard wagon,at only 53 kilos and 176cm.My choice is either assault vests or belt webbing.I tried on some compact plate carriers & chest rigs and those things wobbled and made a right racket.The only things that fit me well are belt rigs and chicom vests :P

Hopefully the SMERSH webbing Im saving up for will fit me..

• Supporters

Jesus Christ, you only weigh 53kg? I think my cat weighs more than that lol.

I'd say I was overly slim, I'm a boney bastard, 32" waist but I'm about 190cm tall and weigh about 85kg, I have to have everything on almost the tightest setting it'll go, though I tend to go that extra mile and tighten it more than I need to, just to stop it all jiggling around.

Osprey actually fits me like a glove with the cummerbunds almost meeting across my back, only 2 columns of molle loops spare, 1 at either side.

• Supporters

Lol I'm only 70Kg aparrently 6 Foot dirty blond hair Blue eye's and Definetly Athletic =P a DCS only need's two Molle Column's each side pulled in with the Foam Plate's.... i Must be the Most Unusually proportioned Bugger going lol!

• Supporters

'Kinell, Craig! I was 70Kg bang on when I came out of hospital nearly 2 years ago - I'd been literally at deaths door and lost something like half my muscle mass from my arms and legs. At 6' 70Kg is underweight.

Fast metabolism, I know. Same as when I was young. Here's a thing, I couldn't often face eating breakfast - still can't usually. But when I was young I used to get up and crack on with an energetic life. I had to have a urine test as part of joining the army - I got a knock back because there was protein in my urine. It took a while to work out what the problem was - believe it or not, not eating breakfast...

What happens is that living like that forces your body to work at higher efficiency, so when excess carbohydrate is in the process of being converted to fat, the process is halted and reversed, converting glycogen into glucose in your liver. This apparently leads to protein in the piddle.

Just in case it happens to you...

Oh, and btw, being underweight and leading an active lifestyle does put a strain on your organs which does mean they are more vulnerable to infection. In fact your whole immune system is put under strain and also functions such as laying down calcium in your bones, which when compromised leads to bad teeth, and even electrolytes in your brain - which can cause memory loss, difficulty in concentration, mood swings, "personality disorders", depression and possibly bi-polar disorder.

Ha, damn. All you skinny folk. I dont need a Maccy d run, i think ive had enough. Weighing it at a healthy 114kg :D

• Supporters

Just met a skinney young lad, and i mean hide behind a lamp post, wearing a Bulle chest rig. Fitted him just fine with the straps crossed across his back and the waist cinch belt done up not quite as far as it would go.

Worth considering if you can't get a vest or pc to behave for lack of flab to fill it...

My current loadout:(head to toe)

OPS CORE Ballistic replica

Element Comtac 2

bolle specs

OD shemagh

Helly Hansen Lifa top

black hoodie

Warrior elite ops DCS Multicam

Bulldog Tactical MOLLE battle belt (with warrior pouches)

Defcon 5 Multicam trousers

magnum boots(not in picture)

Gun: Systema PTW M4-A1 2008 max with DD 12' RIS

Mags: 6x Tackleberry P-MAGS

post-3203-0-52532100-1364666805_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Finally someone got back on track rather than talking about their weight... :L

You don't think that what chest gear fits/doesn't fit what height and weight of person is useful info about loadouts?

I do.

My current loadout:(head to toe)

OPS CORE Ballistic replica

Element Comtac 2

bolle specs

OD shemagh

Helly Hansen Lifa top

black hoodie

Warrior elite ops DCS Multicam

Bulldog Tactical MOLLE battle belt (with warrior pouches)

Defcon 5 Multicam trousers

magnum boots(not in picture)

Gun: Systema PTW M4-A1 2008 max with DD 12' RIS

Mags: 6x Tackleberry P-MAGS

sick look! what make/model are the gloves?

• Supporters

Back to weight! :P Wearing all my kit, I gain almost 3 freakin' stone! :o

Also, that stuff you said about not eating breakfast, Ian, I can't eat in the morning either... Additionally, I'm sure I have higher cholesterol than someone who just died off the back of obesity. Kinda wish my metabolism was shit, so I'd get fat, to force me to get in shape. 'Cos as it stands I can eat until I'm on the brink of hurling and not show it in the slightest, plus my diet sucks arse. Pretty much live off Subway, KFC and Pizza Hut, can't gain weight to save my life.

Is paranoia on that list? 'Cos I now have it haha.

sick look! what make/model are the gloves?

there mechanix mpact's

• Supporters

Look like mechanix, probably m-pact or similar.

Like a boss.

• Supporters

Actually Ed, I think I read somewhere that electrolyte imbalance, specifically Group 1 metals, can be a factor in a psychotic episode, which could very well include paranoia... but then again, maybe I'm just telling you that because I'm one of them :)

You're probably getting an ok amount of minerals from salad and meat, but yeah cholesterol might be an issue. The main thing to worry about is salt, because fast food typically contains a lot of it (in Subway it's in the bread). At your age the sodium shouldn't be a problem for your heart, but you do have to piss more to excrete it, which carries away electrolytes and some vitamins. Check this.

How water resistant are the palm side of those mpacts?

Here is a photo of my load out so far, got a few more things I want to add. I will list everything down once complete! Will take closer photos of gear also.

post-5675-0-91948900-1364848129_thumb.jpg

I'll try and get a pic of my new African Mercenary loadout up soonish....

• Supporters

DUN DUN DUNNNNNN, my latest offering:

MULTICAM MAN!!!! (apologies for the terrible iPhone photo, it'll be changed for one from a proper camera eventually I promise)

img1126nn.jpg
Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Kit list is as follows from the top down:
Dragonred Ops Core ballistic repro with First Spear ops core hybrid cover.
Z-Tactical Sordins which when I'm wearing them plug into a Z-Tactical TEA PTT attached to an Intek MT5050.
Eyepro is a pair of ESS Crossbow glasses, the ones with the thin arms for wearing under headsets.
Shirt is an issue MTP UBACS (small, because I'm built for speed, not for comfort).
Plate carrier is a Flyye repro of the LBT6094A with a triple 5.56 insert for the kangaroo pouch and a Warrior double M4 pouch on my off side.
Belt is a Templar Assault Systems (TAS) molle belt in tan, can't be arsed changing it for multicam. (it's not loose, I'm standing funny)
Pouches wise on the belt I have a double 5-7 mag pouch from thevestguy.com, a TAS roll-up dump pouch, a TAS rip-off medic pouch for various bits and bobs and a 5-7 Blackhawk Serpa on the CQC molle mount thingy.
Trousers are issue MTP combats.
Boots are issue gore tex combat boots.
Gloves are Oakley SI assault gloves.
The whole set up works nicely with whatever weapon I'm rocking since both my SCAR and M4 take the same mags and I only have the 5-7 as a pistol.
Things I'm looking to add/change are:
Plate carrier needs dummy plates - already ordered and winging their way from china as I type this.
Trousers need replacing with some crye gen2/3s (repro obviously, I'm not spending 3 figures on trousers to play soldiers in the woods).
Have a Rhino mount with j-arm being sent over from a friend in the states (ITAR LOLZ!!!) which I'm mounting a dipol D125 on for night vision fun.
I'd like to put a surefire helmet light on the ops core, but I'm still umming and ahhhing about it, not sure I'd honestly get any use out of it, especially with the NVG on the way.
Plate carrier needs a hydration pouch, if anyone can recommend a good one for a smaller bladder I'd really appreciate it. Reasoning behind smaller bladder being that I hate things overhanging from the bottom of the plate carrier and catching on the belt.

• Supporters

How's the 5-7 working out for you, James?
TM, Marushin, or SRC?
I want one for a Battlestar Galactica loadout I have in the pipeline...

Some more of my KGB loadout just arrived, woohoo! Here it is so far:

imag1163a.jpg

imag1165l.jpg

imag1167.jpg

imag1169f.jpg

imag1173c.jpg
All Images Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Birch Digital Camo 2-Piece - not, as some believe a sniper suit (that is a 1-Piece jumpsuit), but issued to VDV Airborne Troops and KGB Border Guards and Military.

Assault Vest 'A Belt' in the same pattern camo, although not an exact colour match. There are 4 colour variations AFAIK, but this is the best match to the suit I could find. It is missing the 'B Belt' - the lower belly band that is made to hold 10 grenades. IDC, I didn't want it anyway: they're not the right shape for flashbangs and. even if I do get around to BFG's, I won't need 10 FFS!

Telnyashka, long sleeved, in black stripes - issued to Marines and possibly Tankers and/or Missile Troops. I prefer the look of it to the blue stripes that the KGB Military wore and I reckon that KGB officers on 'Special Assignment' would have worn whatever they liked.

RS AKM canvas & brass sling.

RS AKS Carry Bag

CCCP 80's Issue Military Belt

Pistola Makarova Leather Holster

Few other bits...

Missing from the photo: CCCP padded cotton winter pants.

On the way: Black HFC Walther PPK-ish CO2 Pistol that I can modify into a reasonable PM copy.

Still to get:
Helmet - I can't decide between authenticity, the '68 Pattern, or cool, '60 Pattern "Cone Head".
Belt Pouches - 1 possibly 2 x 4 Mag AK Ammo (I want to use something as a dump pouch so I may get a mortar round pouch or RPG or something like that) & a Double Grenade Pouch for bits and bobs.

An original khaki summer 'Mabuta' uniform - I'm in 4 minds though because i. they're pretty rare in my size ii. I can get a reproduction but it's polycotton and looks a bit shiny compared to the original iii. a khaki summer 'Afghanka' in 54-5 should be easier to find and would be authentic-ish iv. a 'Syriyaka' would be so cool, but it doesn't have anywhere near as many pockets...
I might get a leather harness & belt and also a Syria Uniform Hat & Face Mask
I intend to get a Dragunov too - not to play a trad sniper role, just to carry on my back for those occasions where I need to 'reach out and touch' someone lol!