Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

If you're wanting a headset to match your togs, I dunno enough about US kit to say, but manufacturer-wise I can personally vouch for Z-Tactical.

I have a Z tactical bowman headset. Its great but the PTTs are crap! if you go for them buy 2 PTTs and as soon as they get damp they wont work!

• Supporters

I have a Z tactical bowman headset. Its great but the PTTs are crap! if you go for them buy 2 PTTs and as soon as they get damp they wont work!

Yeah that's the headset I have - well, the Elite II - I'm beginning to wish I'd done a bit more research and forked out for their EVO III now because it can take a throat mic without modification.

I forget which PTT we went for in the end, possibly Element, but so far it's not given me any problems in the wet. Still it's the U94 design and i always attach it with the button facing down so that probably helps prevent water getting in around the button. I always mount my radio pouch upside down for the same reason (it has no drain hole either).

• Supporters

Yeah that's the headset I have - well, the Elite II - I'm beginning to wish I'd done a bit more research and forked out for their EVO III now because it can take a throat mic without modification.

I forget which PTT we went for in the end, possibly Element, but so far it's not given me any problems in the wet. Still it's the U94 design and i always attach it with the button facing down so that probably helps prevent water getting in around the button. I always mount my radio pouch upside down for the same reason (it has no drain hole either).

I've been having issues with my headset/PTT recently, but I can't figure out which part it is that has the issue.

One of the headsets' speaker is broken, but the mic still works. So I can talk and be heard, but not get people's replies.

Not sure if it's the heaset or the PTT, but I've tried both headsets on the same PTT and had the same issue twice, so I think the PTT is bummered.

• Supporters

Sounds like a contact on the socket has got bent inside the PTT, Ed. If it is that, you can fix it easily enough with needle nosed pliers.

Sorry for the rubbish quality photo

I was trying to go for a black swat style Loadout, with a few modifications.

I'm under 16 so I have to wear full face protection (hence the half face mesh mask)

What's your guys opinions? Anything I should change or add?

(I'll post my entire Loadout once my holster and dump pouch arrive)

Thankspost-5019-0-45077500-1361715004_thumb.jpg

• Supporters

Might want to get some shoes ;)

Otherwise it looks pretty good. I don't think the face mask really takes that much away from it. Certainly a better first loadout than what I started with.

• Supporters

Yeah, I like it too, Cpn. DA. I think the vest looks a bit big on you though - is it already adjusted as tight as it gets?

Also, strictly for posing, you might try wearing what these days is called a "headover" by some companies, ie a tube of T-shirt material, in black, around your neck - it'll get too hot during skirmishes but the complete covering will look the dog's bollocks - they are pretty good instead of a scarf you might wear ordinarily too mind you.

I'd go with boots as high as you can get with those kecks tucked into them. I always recommend German Para Boots, because they are indestructible, but they're not gentle on feet that are used to trainers. You might want to check Ronnie Sunshine's on fleabay because they're having a clearance sale on Magnum Panther 8.0's.

Looks a bit too clean and new :D but apart from that, nice loadout!!

Magnum boots would go nicely with that!

Crap I knew I'd forgotten something Ed... ;)

I still have to adjust a few more straps Ian but it doesn't help that I'm 6 foot 2 and really skinny, hopefully it will be fine once I finish adjusting everything! If not ill have to take a few trips to Burger King and fatten up! Hahaha. I'm still waiting for my holster and dumb pouch to arrive, then it should be complete for the time being.

I like the idea about the head over thing aswell, I might order a buff online, I saw someone with one last time I went to a skirmish and it looks perfect for what I need it for.

I've been searching the web for hours and I defiantly like the magnum boots, the only problem is none are in stock anywhere for my size feet :(

Cheers for the feedback lads!

• Supporters

Looks neat and concise, invested in top quality eye pro, can't go wrong really.

The majority of tac gear has (historically at least) been designed for pretty huge blokes, I had the same issue for a long time when I started out. I'd advise avoiding any sort of a vest (i.e. something that doesn't hold plates and isn't a chest rig) because the original designs of those tend to stem from gear that's meant to be worn over the top of armour. Chest rigs are better for tightening down, flecktarn.co.uk sell a couple of very high quality options by BULLE which are also very affordable.

Possibly not in black, but tan and black looks pretty ballin'

I got home about 20 minutes ago, scanned through my vest and discovered 3 straps on the inside I hadn't found before. Tightened them up and it fits my perfectly now! Thanks anyway mate!

• Supporters

What size feet have you got, Cap'n?

Yeah far better than my first load out!

I have spent LOTS of kit in the last year trying to get it right and hoe i want it. only took me 13 months!

My first load out: Very much thrown together.

IMG_0271.jpg

New(ish)

SASSam_zpscb1ea12b.jpg

Now use Desert Lowas and Tru-spec tri colour combats.