Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

Looking mean, Lee!

Thanks mate, I'm only a short fella so it does help to look mean in a CQB situation. :)

• Supporters

r600x600.jpg

My early build of my loadout. I need some more pouches for my PC and some decent knee pads

also some tan gloves but my question is should i go for a helmet or stick to a boonie/patrol cap.

helmet and make sure its the u.s style one as full bdu's allways look better with the helmet imo

• Supporters

I agree, KFM. Helmets not only look cool, but you never know when you'll be at a cqb site jumping out of the way of a pyro and going down hard or slipping headlong arse over tit on a wet shiny floor... Not prone to doing those kinds of things? With a Kevlar helmet on and even cheap KH Mountain knee & elbow pads too (approx £12.99 for all 4 pads in a mesh bag - I've got some - they seemed great until the 2nd time through the washer when they began seriously giving up the ghost. The solution: know what Gaffer Tape is? Like Duct Tape but black. Wrapped them up in that stuff - now extra comfy and completely waterproof. I've also added DPM sniper tape to nake em blend in to my British DPM loadout), and a pair of army issue quality gloves and you'll have the confidence to do mad commando rolls and all sorts because you'll be the next best thing to indestructible!

Having said that, I don't always wear my MK 6 and I've had my riot police helmet for a good few weeks now and it hasn't been out once... I've got a night urban camo beanie, British DPM slim-brim boonie, black small crown beret, 3-hole woolly bally, a "military headover" ie tube scarf, and a doorag made from OD cargo scrim with a brass fitted 1 1/2" soft cotton edge strip as a headband part of it - that's my latest and I'm so chuffed with my little self for making it that nothing else is getting a look-in at the mo...

Get both & see how you feel on the days...

• Supporters

I was going on about my beret t'other day. It's quite posh - made by The Small Crown Beret Co. - and, counterintuitively, part of my urban terrorist loadout:

Here you can see the gaffer tape holding a small piece of dense PU foam that stops the pin-post grip fasteners from digging into my head and the stitches at the side which hold the shape of the beret in lieu of wearing it so often that it takes the military shape, rather than the Frank Spencer look on its' own!

imag0604e.jpg

Here's a close up of the cap badge which is a Screen Accurate Battlestar Galactica Viper Pilot Wing Uniform Pin Badge. I chose it because I think it looks cool and I don't want to wear real world regimental badges that I'm not entitled to. Plus this type of beret has a leather insert, to attach cap badges to, which makes the beret sit up there so it'd just look wrong without some kind of badge!

imag0601f.jpg

The whole beret:

imag0602.jpg

With some terrorist chic:

imag0591l.jpg

And bigger weapons:

imag0593x.jpg

Suicide bomber cryptic message pic:

imag0595pg.jpg

Male 44 5'10" Single GSOH Kalashnikov seeks...

imag0577.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's soon going to get a makeover with a Bulgarian Red Star ex_Soviet era Ushanka badge.

love the old dog collar on the osprey also your going as old iraq war soldier im going as old Ni soldier all we need is someone in new 2012 loadout and we've got the history of evolution

• Supporters

Over the shoulder shot from the maw weekender :)

75EF9C59-orig.jpg

love the old dog collar on the osprey also your going as old iraq war soldier im going as old Ni soldier all we need is someone in new 2012 loadout and we've got the history of evolution

right on cue craig deiemaco and mtp we are getting their,try and persuade ed to get mtp and all the gear along with his l85

• Supporters

I am going for MTP Josh, I've got the trousers sorted.

Still looking for a UBACS I can try on before I buy it, last time I tried a "Medium" the arms were big enough to fit my entire body through... So I don't want to order a "Medium" online and get something miles too big.

I'm not even a small guy =/

I know that companies make replica gear, like Helikon making a copy of MTP, but does anyone make a copy MTP UBACS? 'Cos if so it might have more sensible sizing.

I doubt I'll ever manage to get the proper plate carrier though, I don't honestly think they look that great and they cost a bomb. Plus, isn't it illegal for civvies to own the current issue one or something?

For the time being I've got an OD shirt and I'm running a Multicam rig, which I think looks more or less exactly the same as MTP anyway.

If Ian's old helmet fits me then I'll be grabbing that off him at the end of the month as well, so that'll put me a step closer.

nice, once i get some dpm leggings ill be sorted out also Ed ive got a US Mulitcam shirt/jacket if you want it

• Supporters
im going as old Ni soldier

My loadout isn't spot on but it's more NI soldier than anything else, and I'll be carrying an SLR too...

And this bit is the least authentic :lol:

imag0708d.jpg

• Supporters
Plus, isn't it illegal for civvies to own the current issue one or something?

As far as I know it's not the plate carrier it's illegal to have, it's the Level 4 Plates that go inside it. I'm not even sure they are illegal to own, it might be just that they are illegal to sell to a civvie. I did see a PC with Level 4 plates for sale on eBay not long ago though, so I/we may be completely wrong, or maybe the person was breaking the law and nobody cared/noticed/knew exactly what the law is so didn't make a fuss... maybe the seller was lying about what it was... who knows?

LOL, I've just done a quick search on eBay and came up with 3 sellers advertising Level 4 ballistic plates - goes to show what I know, eh!?!

• Supporters

But this isn't far off...

imag0711t.jpg

• Supporters
nice, once i get some dpm leggings ill be sorted out also Ed ive got a US Mulitcam shirt/jacket if you want it

If you can stick some photos up somewhere then I might be tempted.

How much are you after, and what size is it?

• Supporters

Heres some pics of in my Dpm/Od gear just need a camel back and i'm set

The guns are We pdw and a G&G m14 ebr

2012-023.jpg

2012-022.jpg

2012-019.jpg

2012-020.jpg

• Supporters

Photo of me with all my current gear, taken earlier today.

Can't believe my site got them all up so soon, I'd only just got in and they were up already, epic stuff.

531738_10150989061292913_931706431_n.jpg