Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

At Battle Lakes last weekend. 

Probably still need to work off those Christmas chocolates. 

Ferro Concepts Beanie. 

TAD Gear Shemagh. 

Crye Precision G3 Khaki combat shirt and combat pants. 

Magnum boots. 

Mechanix gloves. 

Crye Precision JPC 2.0 in Multicam with various pouches and an Emerson back panel with Camelbak.

LBT 1647B Molle belt in Multicam, again, with a variety of pouches and a Crye Precision Gun Clip. 

TM M4A1 MWS with LBT padded sling in Multicam, Trijicon ACOG TA01 and Surefire M951. 

WE Glock 19 with Surefire X200. 

Garmin Foretrex 301.

Not seen but in front drop pouch, a KJW Glock 27... Just in case. 

27858248_734482120080202_5091620928002243179_n.jpg

It's a Jackal Ghillie suit by Jack Pyke
Retailers online are showing its £100+

I got it preowned when I bought the VSR 10 and MK23 in the bundle I posted here

Where he got it from I don't know though. I paid £600 and got kryptek mandrake stuff, action cam, and all sorts lol.

Pre made ghillies suck imo..

Most of the times your surroundings won't match the ghillie shape/colour making you stand out more than a pink t-rex costume..

I made one, took me ages to find the correct colour tones and arrangement to make it work, but at the end of the day you couldn't see me within 20 feet from you..

7 minutes ago, Skara said:

Pre made ghillies suck imo..

Most of the times your surroundings won't match the ghillie shape/colour making you stand out more than a pink t-rex costume..

I made one, took me ages to find the correct colour tones and arrangement to make it work, but at the end of the day you couldn't see me within 20 feet from you..

Oh I do agree, this will probably stand out really badly at Stormforce it's 100% more for "looking the part" lol. But with the distances Stormforce offers, you will either be easily visible, or way too far away to be seen lol. But I'll be the only ghillie wearing player anyway so I'll stand out for that reason alone lol

Hooked it on the back of my car with a cinder block on it and went for a ride on a dirt road, then dumped it in the mud several times..

The first time I wore it I couldn't bend lol..

Ditched it after selling my vsr10, I was so tired of sniping that I couldn't even look at a magnified optic without the need to drink bleach xD

While it's true that a well made ghillie has a lot of natural material on it, the base tone must be somewhat similar to the environment, otherwise it's like trying to hide a black bear in the arctic..

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

TM M4A1 MWS with LBT padded sling in Multicam, Trijicon ACOG TA01 and Surefire M951. 

27858248_734482120080202_5091620928002243179_n.jpg

It makes me sad that you've got a £1200 optic and a manky looking bit of lexan on a rail mount protecting it :(  

The objective lens 'cavity' has room for a protective insert!

• Supporters

Bonus points if you stay out and don't go back to the safezone until the end of the game day. 

5 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

It makes me sad that you've got a £1200 optic and a manky looking bit of lexan on a rail mount protecting it :(  

The objective lens 'cavity' has room for a protective insert!

Yes... Something I will sort. Although the sight cost me a tenth of your quote, I would be gutted if it broke. 

Cheers. 

10 hours ago, Sako said:

When I see that all I can think of is Mr. Susan, the keeper of the mirror world from The Mighty Boosh! 

023118A1-F1FD-4463-B223-F41956247270.jpeg

"Shine my balls..." 

8 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

If it’s a real one you got an absolute bargain! 

I really did. Has the Bible verse on the side, moulded trademarks, and the tritium illuminates in the dark... There isn't a fibre optic nor batteries. Guy was ex army and selling as it was old... I assume it is about 20+ years old, not that it looks it. Came with a La Rue mount which I am not convinced is 100% genuine, but am no expert. My brother bought the LAW mounted ACOG off of him a few months later for about the same and made a lovely profit on it. 

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Dentonboy said:

I really did. Has the Bible verse on the side, moulded trademarks, and the tritium illuminates in the dark... There isn't a fibre optic nor batteries. Guy was ex army and selling as it was old... I assume it is about 20+ years old, not that it looks it. Came with a La Rue mount which I am not convinced is 100% genuine, but am no expert. My brother bought the LAW mounted ACOG off of him a few months later for about the same and made a lovely profit on it. 

Wouldn't mind knowing who this "guy" is so I can grab a bargain myself!

33 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Wouldn't mind knowing who this "guy" is so I can grab a bargain myself!

Seller on eBay... But have completely forgotten his name. No idea if they were moody or not, but how could you know eh?! 

Is mixing mtp and multicam a big no-no? My PC is genuine multicam, but there isn’t really a lot of options for multicam uniform that isn’t the likes of Crye. You can get a full set of army issued mtp uniform on eBay for £60. Crye multicam trousers are £270 on their own. Is there that much between them pattern wise?

9 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Is mixing mtp and multicam a big no-no? My PC is genuine multicam, but there isn’t really a lot of options for multicam uniform that isn’t the likes of Crye. You can get a full set of army issued mtp uniform on eBay for £60. Crye multicam trousers are £270 on their own. Is there that much between them pattern wise?

There really isn't much difference at all, I mixed MTP and multicam when I ran that loadout and everything looked seemless

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, BigBlackGlock said:

There really isn't much difference at all, I mixed MTP and multicam when I ran that loadout and everything looked seemless

If the enemy is close enough to tell if you're wearing MTP or Multicam then something has gone wrong. 

Is mixing mtp and multicam a big no-no?

Honestly who cares? If some guy wants to shame me for mixing my camos then I'll kindly tell them to f*ck off. 

6 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Honestly who cares? If some guy wants to shame me for mixing my camos then I'll kindly tell them to f*ck off. 

i couldn't care less if an individual gear snob doesn't like it. I'm thinking more in terms of Milsim and how strict they are with camo patterns.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

i couldn't care less if an individual gear snob doesn't like it. I'm thinking more in terms of Milsim and how strict they are with camo patterns.

They'd have to be pretty stuck up to deny you access just because the pattern is slightly different. Goes back to my point about being close enough to tell. I reckon unless you pointed it out nobody would be the wiser. 

• Supporters
8 hours ago, Wo1f said:

there isn’t really a lot of options for multicam uniform that isn’t the likes of Crye. You can get a full set of army issued mtp uniform on eBay for £60. Crye multicam trousers are £270 on their own. Is there that much between them pattern wise?

Where have you been looking?  There's tons inbetween if you want actual multicam for a whole bucket less money than Crye.  I do often tell people to get MTP anyway when I get asked because you can't beat it really in terms of maximum value for the money.  However I know personally I've reviewed and written about lots of options in the middle that are pretty well priced and come in real multicam fabric for those who specifically want that for whatever reason.

Leo kolher's good, tru-spec, sometimes 5.11 and there's a few others. As with a anything if you've not dug in to ebay/forum classifieds/FB groups for other gear you'll miss out.  Cryes get sold for well under half retail all over the place; which is still a lot obviously but again a much better price than retail.  Purely as examples I've got a couple of MC items listed for sale myself right now and they might not be your size but if you look at the prices you'll see what you can get if you just take the time to look around (saying this to anyone reading the thread btw, not just yourself).

10 hours ago, Wo1f said:

Anyone who would care about a mix match of camouflage deserves a punch in the face.

9 hours ago, CKinnerley said:

Where have you been looking?  There's tons inbetween if you want actual multicam for a whole bucket less money than Crye.  I do often tell people to get MTP anyway when I get asked because you can't beat it really in terms of maximum value for the money.  However I know personally I've reviewed and written about lots of options in the middle that are pretty well priced and come in real multicam fabric for those who specifically want that for whatever reason.

Leo kolher's good, tru-spec, sometimes 5.11 and there's a few others. As with a anything if you've not dug in to ebay/forum classifieds/FB groups for other gear you'll miss out.  Cryes get sold for well under half retail all over the place; which is still a lot obviously but again a much better price than retail.  Purely as examples I've got a couple of MC items listed for sale myself right now and they might not be your size but if you look at the prices you'll see what you can get if you just take the time to look around (saying this to anyone reading the thread btw, not just yourself).

Yep, this. Plus surplus US Army OCP now increasingly available, from Euro sellers too. I prefer it to MC tbh. 

• Supporters

I’ve never been to a milsim that differentiates between MTP and Multicam, even the truly hardcore end of the spectrum where uniforms were very specific (Combat Airsoft Group) no one would have raised an eyebrow.  

As always, the ‘rumours’ of how elitist and exclusive milsim is are worse than the reality that it is a really inclusive community of people who just want to get something a little different out of your Airsoft experience. 

18 hours ago, Wo1f said: