Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

You could always get some of those rip away MOLLE section things for your vest. These will attach to the backpack as well, so you can just pull it off by the velcro, get your stuff out, and stick it back on.

http://www.tactical-kit.co.uk/tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-10055-9774-p.asp

tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel-230x230[ekm].jpg]

tactical-tailor-modular-tear-away-panel--9774-p[ekm]110x110[ekm].jpg]

Yeah, that is a very cutting edge way of approaching the same problem of access. You needn't use it with a backpack either - just molle the base unit to your hydration bladder pouch, then rip'n'stick a 8x9" utility pouch with a zip, off and, after sorting your shite out, back on...

Thats actually a pretty amazing sokution thanks tac, think i will get them and try it as ian stated. It hopfully will come in atacs_fg as im hoping to move over to an atacs dcs

Thats actually a pretty amazing sokution thanks tac, think i will get them and try it as ian stated. It hopfully will come in atacs_fg as im hoping to move over to an atacs dcs

Tactical Tailor make them in OD (look at the options box) but you might be able to find a clone manufacturer producing the tear away panels in ATACS

• Supporters

You'll not be able to do the press studs back up when they're all on your back and it'll be a mission to align the velcro perfectly (or even vaguely correctly tbh, seeing as it's behind you), so make sure you have enough of those panels to give an excess of velcro surface area and don't put too much weight in the pack.

• Supporters

I'm convinced - I've just bought 1 in OD.

I don't think it matters about aligning it properly - so long as the weight isn't too much for the velcro, it'll stick back by just swinging it by the handle so it slaps back in place-ish...

I'll be using my Russian PKM 100rnd belt pouch as a utility pouch on it, stuck to the back of my hydration bladder pouch on my Splav harness to carry a few thousand extra BB's for when i'm using the RPK as a support weapon in a long game.

Edited by Ian_Gere
opinion

• Supporters

Nice, let us know how you find it when it arrives.

I will mate :)

Actually I already also have a Russian medic pouch which is rip'n'stick, but the velcro base panel has these flaps and a buckle that close across the front also, which makes it bloody difficult to re-attach quickly. But with this new velcro base I'll have a new option for it too...

Edited by Ian_Gere
extra info

• Supporters

I don't think it matters about aligning it properly - so long as the weight isn't too much for the velcro, it'll stick back by just swinging it by the handle so it slaps back in place-ish...

It depends what you mean by 'properly'. My point was to say that if it's far enough off alignment, the panel will fall off with the weight in the pouch/running around etc and it'll be hard to get it even close to correct if the setup is on your own back. I wasn't saying it'll just drop off if you don't spend 20 minutes OCD-aligning the velcro, that much is obvious to anybody. But if there isn't enough surface area contact then problems will arise as you can imagine.

• Supporters

It depends what you mean by 'properly'. My point was to say that if it's far enough off alignment, the panel will fall off with the weight in the pouch/running around etc and it'll be hard to get it even close to correct if the setup is on your own back. I wasn't saying it'll just drop off if you don't spend 20 minutes OCD-aligning the velcro, that much is obvious to anybody. But if there isn't enough surface area contact then problems will arise as you can imagine.

I get you, but i disagree. It has a handle so you can just put a couple of fingers through it and swing it over your shoulder so the hook side slaps the loops and it'll only be about 10 degrees off vertical...

• Supporters

Well there's only one way to find out in that respect. I was referring more to the overall position, rather than the angle; but I've never tried slapping something velcro on to my back and I don't think anyone else here has by the sounds of it, so we'll only know when someone tries it.

imho, I think there's probably a reason that you don't ever see people doing it, either in airsoft or all the millions of people in the militaries of the west. They use and are issued conventional backpacks which you can easily swing off and access then put back on, though I'll be the first to admit that normal packs don't always interface with PCs that great (varies a lot by pack, PC and armour). My personal feeling from trying an awful lot of kit in over the years is that I'd prefer to use a small conventional pack along the lines of a Tac Tailor removable/Grey Ghost lightweight. But each to their own ofc, be interesting to see what the end setup looks like and the idea is interesting either way.

• Supporters

Well as you know, Chris, I'm liable to daft ideas, however I'm pretty sure this will work a treat. I'll keep y'all posted though...

Nowt great, just showing the head setups I have atm

Got a good idea of kit I want to buy for a woodland (MARPAT) loadout but not starting it for a while since I've already got this gear (real reason: not enough money)

face.jpgskull.jpg

Since I'm under 18 idk but I think there's still the rule on full face pro? So the skull mask is for if they don't allow just wearing a shemagh

Quick question guys; Does anyone have any references/images to wearing a CB plate carrier over MTP? Thinking of starting a newer loadout, just need to make sure it doesn't look like crap :)

My new vest rig, few bits still to put on but getting there, had to use T-bar clips as hydration pouch wouldn't sit central using the molle connectors.

Cav patch Macduff?? RHG/D?

Yeah household cavalry my old man served with them, kind of an homage

Nice one! Always room for more Cav!!!