Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

Why? Is he ever going to own a real revolver, I doubt it. He's wearing eyepro and the gun is probably not loaded.

Airsofters get all butthurt about 'trigger discipline', they're toys, no one's gonna get hurt if he NDs.

Its good practice basically.. we all know its airsoft and very little is going to happen.. but having been shot on the top of the fore head with no eye pro on in the safe zone because of some prats ill trigger discipline makes you think twice about it

do what you want, you're not gonna die, just wear some ear plugs please!

Well I thought since people were saying about treating airsoft guns as if they were real I should do the same with everything haha

Its good practice basically.. we all know its airsoft and very little is going to happen.. but having been shot on the top of the fore head with no eye pro on in the safe zone because of some prats ill trigger discipline makes you think twice about it

I've always found trigger discipline and weapon handling stuff kind of obvious and natural to do.

For example your grip on a pistol should be as high up on the frame as possible but sometimes you see people holding it like half way and it looks retarded, not to mention completely impractical and probably uncomfortable.

I don't know why you would do that.

Reminds me of that kid on one of scoutthedoggie's videos with an MP5 and was holding the grip with his left hand and the stock with his right or something.

Like Nickona said it's just a bad attitude / not good practice to have your finger on the trigger. We could all say 'oh well we're not stupid enough to have it loaded' etc but obviously we do it for a reason anyway. Nothing bad is likely to happen but it could so you should be careful and responsible, even if it is just a replica it's still capable of firing a pellet and regardless of where it hits someone it's still not supposed to be discharged in the safe zone or whatever.

He's got eye pro on and he's at home and everything so it's fine really.

^^

These two.

I do not swear by it or do I try and enforce it on others, I just think it's good practice at the end of the day.

To be honest each to their own and I don't mind, I was just trying to have a little laugh and express my opinions, I did not mean any harm or to piss anybody off.

We could all say 'oh well we're not stupid enough to have it loaded' etc

And its that assumption that nearly cost me my eye!

• Supporters

I've been shot way too many times when I didn't expected it, in safe zones or at home. At a game day first thing is to put my goggles on and I only take it off when I'm driving away at the end of the day.

Sometimes you can even surprise yourself with a well placed unintentional shot. For example the time I was building an 500 fps DMR and I put my finger in front of the muzzle to see if the air blows hard enough when I fire. There was still a BB in the hopup. Oh, fun times...

And thats why trigger discipline is important!

Always assume its loaded even if you "know" its not

• Supporters

Pretty sure 99% of sites have that rule, never been to one where you weren't required to remove mags before leaving the game area and entering the SZ.

I very much agree with keeping fingers outside trigger guards at all times you're not shooting at someone deliberately during a skirmish, there's just too many potential factors at work. Apart from anything else it's literally the easiest thing to do just about ever, possibly a close third after breathing/absorbing light through the eyes in this thing we know as vision.

No matter how good a site's rules are you can never prevent some f****** morons putting loaded mags in AEGs and thinking "oh I'll just have a quick test fire in the safe zone.. it'll be fine". I've seen it, I've f*cked up myself in my own house (which I'm very ashamed of but when the ricochet goes real close it teaches you a lesson for sure) and I've met very few players who haven't seen someone do something like ping off a shot in the safe zone. I always bring at least 3 sets of eye pro to every game anyway, largely just because they're permanently stored in the bags I take. The plan in future is to wear my preferred set of eye/face pro for the playing then a quick switch to some nice, dry shooting specs once off the field. Military and airsoft folks alike are all largely shocking when it comes to safe weapons handling, I've seen it from every service, rank and every type or skirmisher without exception at some point or another.

Most brits (mainly softers) hate the 4 rules that the yanks like to use, but having tried them extensively they're what I employ at all times with RIFs and guns. I personally find they give far more confidence and safety than the military and airsoft attitudes of "it's unloaded"; however I'm not the king of airsoft by a long old stretch and I do not expect the vast majority to agree in the slightest. It'd just be nice if people would respond amicably on the very odd occasion I ask someone to not point a barrel straight at my face, rather than getting pissed off and instantly massively defensive over a simple, politely worded request.

• Supporters

The 'always assume it's loaded even if it's not' crap is essentially saying that you've not effectively cleared your gun, or you don't trust yourself sufficiently to trust your own eyes to yourself.

Certainly, the whole 'trigger discipline' thing has it's time and place, when stacking up on a door with real firearms for example it's probably pretty damn important that you don't shoot your mate in the back. But by and large, very very few british airsofters are ever going to need to do that and so 'treat it like it's real' is really kinda pretentious and a bit sad.

That said, like Samurai I don't take my eyepro off even in the safe zone. It only takes one idiot who didn't clear his chamber after removing his mag and someone's in for a shit day, guess what though, that's not gonna be the guy who has any care in the world about 'trigger discipline'.

p.s. fuck off, trigger discipline. just fuck off.

• Supporters

Ooooooooh, I don't respond well to having guns pointed at me in the SZ!

Let's not get too anal though. He's in his house, with eyepro on.

That's not to say take a laissez faire attitude toward safety. Being a dick has cost me a laptop screen and put a dink in my telly. The thing is that being too anal is as bad, possibly worse, than being a bit lax... because people have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater: "Oh, it's just so-and-so banging on again... whatever."

Anyhoo...

>TFW no qt 3.14 gf to airsoft with ;_;

WTF does this mean?

Anyhoo...

WTF does this mean?

You've heard of the fedora-wearing World of Warcraft-playing neckbeard-type people on the internet, right?

I have no idea about the 3.14 bit (Pi to 2 D.P???) but it's my understanding that they use the acronym 'qt' as shorthand for 'cutie' when blog posting. I have no idea on the TFW part, it's probably one of those 4chan, 9gag or imgur acronyms such as 'MFW' (My Face When) or 'MRW' (My Reaction When)

Official Urban Dictionary definition of a neckbeard:

(n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.
If this party is full of f*cking neckbeards, I'm out. I've got better things to do than sit around with a bunch of unwashed nerds.

• Supporters

You've heard of the fedora-wearing World of Warcraft-playing neckbeard-type people on the internet, right?

I have no idea about the 3.14 bit (Pi to 2 D.P???) but it's my understanding that they use the acronym 'qt' as shorthand for 'cutie' when blog posting. I have no idea on the TFW part, it's probably one of those 4chan, 9gag or imgur acronyms such as 'MFW' (My Face When) or 'MRW' (My Reaction When)

(n) Derogatory term for slovenly nerdy people who have no sense of hygene or grooming. Often related to hobbies such as card gaming, video gaming, anime, et. al.
If this party is full of f*cking neckbeards, I'm out. I've got better things to do than sit around with a bunch of unwashed nerds.

Man who dresses like a soldier to play with toy guns in the woods, taking the piss out of gamers....

Glass houses dude, glass houses.

• Supporters

^^Do I sense an invisible fedora...?

Man who dresses like a soldier to play with toy guns in the woods, taking the piss out of gamers....

Glass houses dude, glass houses.

I'm not personally taking the piss out of gamers- I'm a gamer myself :P you just tend to come across acronyms and phrases like cropzy's in these blog posts by 'neckbeards'

• Supporters

I've never actually played... because i know i'd be hooked and with the state of my carcass the last thing i need is another reason to spend all day everyday doing fuck all but typing :lol:

This trigger discipline thing reminds me of world war Z when that doctor shoots himself in the face as he trips up.

Anyway, despite using it myself, I think that trigger discipline is not needed. I mean if we're on field, we are all safe anyway and in the SZ, you shouldn't be having your finger anywhere near the trigger anyway.

• Supporters

The 'always assume it's loaded even if it's not' crap is essentially saying that you've not effectively cleared your gun, or you don't trust yourself sufficiently to trust your own eyes to yourself.

I think you're kinda looking at it in the wrong context, need to try and (just very temporarily) put yourself in a different perspective. If you still disagree that's obviously absolutely fine.

Apologies if this is egg-sucking to anybody but to address the forum at large/in general: It's based on/made popular by the 4 safety rules that are prevalent with american civilian shooters and it assumes that you actually haven't cleared your gun at all, because if you use their rule set there's no need to and it's perfectly safe. The military way you and I know (completely unloading after every single string of fire) is designed for and around the lowest common denominator, the dumbest recruit/admin'er/PTi/med centre receptionist that can't physically get their head around safely handling a loaded gun and cannot be trusted with them in general, but the government is still obliged to employ them. As with everything in the forces it's got its' basis in someone's past screw-up, these things always have a historical basis that need to be born in mind, because it wasn't always done that way. Discussed this with a few different ex-US forces guys and they say the same thing about their lot.

Nobody here's telling anyone else what they have to do or how they have to behave, it's literally just a discussion going on about different experiences and perspectives. If you think different that's fine you're welcome to your thoughts same as anyone else, but I don't think anybody here is being pretentious. Especially when it'll only take one kid's lost eye reported to some rag to get airsoft in an even more precarious position than it is, I think we should all very much welcome people being as safety conscious even if we don't actually agree with their thoughts, it all makes the hobby in general look better to the outside. But again that is just my view.

Ooooooooh, I don't respond well to having guns pointed at me in the SZ!

Let's not get too anal though. He's in his house, with eyepro on.

That's not to say take a laissez faire attitude toward safety. Being a dick has cost me a laptop screen and put a dink in my telly. The thing is that being too anal is as bad, possibly worse, than being a bit lax... because people have a tendency to throw the baby out with the bathwater: "Oh, it's just so-and-so banging on again... whatever."

Anyhoo...

WTF does this mean?

that feel when no cutie 3.14 (perfect) girlfriend to go airsofting with.

Lurk moar :)

I would not be seen dead with a fedora, yeah I love anime and airsofting and go on weird websites but I am no neckbeard. I can't stand them.

Ew.

I'm not personally taking the piss out of gamers- I'm a gamer myself :P you just tend to come across acronyms and phrases like cropzy's in these blog posts by 'neckbeards'

Not a neckbeard man. I hate WoW, LoL, dota and all MMO's. I only really play CS:GO and ARMA.

I have spent many years within the internet circlejerk so I may use terms which nobody will understand and I apologize in advance.

Mirai Nikki is god tier.

Yuno is best yandere waifu.

You sir, have good taste.

• Supporters

Long post

I see your point and respect your opinion, I also largely agree (especially on the lowest common denominator part, as a dirty matelot I form part of that category).

I just get annoyed at the instant 'TRIGGER DISCIPLINE!!!' Whenever anyone posts a photo of anyone with a finger inside a trigger guard. There are situations where that applies, and situations where it doesn't. In your front room with a presumably unloaded airsoft gun, wearing eye pro taking a photo for a forum I'd say isn't the time for trigger discipline to be paramount or even really a factor. Nothing bad can/could happen in that situation.

I dunno, maybe I'm being a prick (it happens a fair amount), but trigger awareness seems to be something a lot of airsofters grab onto with both hands and don't let it go. Those same people I expect in game have little to no muzzle awareness (again, not a hard and fast requirement with an airsoft gun, no one's gonna die!).