Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

• Supporters

Drop leg dump pouches are much more secure. The Condor ones are excellent quality - I'd say your leg will give up before they do, but to get more than a couple of mags in at once you have to make them lie flat with the curved edge facing your leg (unless they're short, but even then you'd have to place them inside carefully) / the issue is speed of use / you want to be able to just drop a mag in through the slot and forget it, knowing it will still be there when you get back to the safe zone, no matter what crawling around, running, jumping, etc. you might do in between times...

The Viper ones are huge and secure - you can just drop mags in and let them find their own settled position. You probably could wreck one through hard use, but not easily. I've put cuts into the top of my two so that I can fit 2 G36 mags locked together into them and that hasn't caused them to rip, so that says something...

The open top type are not secure at all. Sure there's a draw string on some, but the top is still basically open and if the draw string was tight enough to make it secure, that would take time to open then close.

I've gone off dump pouches. While they're good for really quick tacticool reloads (provided you have open mag pouches and can actually reload quickly) they normally rattle around and make one hell of a noise.. if you have individual mag pouch or even divided ones I find its often quicker just to put them back in the pouch

• Supporters

I think it depends how many mags you get through. I've done a fair bit of practice at reloading and always run pouches with quick access, also only tend to use one or two mags between breaks so that stops the rattling as you run. Never got anywhere close to running out of space in my dump pouch, most I've had in one is 2 rifle and 2 pistol mags but that's a rarity, usually just one rifle mag. If they're plastic mags of any kind (which probably covers more than half of all airsofters loadouts at a vague guess) the problem is lessened further. I've been noticing recently they don't suit GBBRs so well, don't want much more than 2 GBB M4 mags swinging around in there.

Again though depends on the user, I'll probably only reload once most games so having 1 mag in the dumper is ok and you can always stow empty mags securely in a pouch during a lull, indeed you probably should. Generally in airsoft there's plenty of opportunities for doing that. In which case the dumper almost purely acts as an aid to make reloads that much faster.

I havn't used them in a while.

Although thats probably because i havnt used an AEG in a while and don't like the idea of £200 worth of metal magazines rattling around in an open bag picking up crap and smashing into each other.

Getting back into the AEG game though so probably will pick it back up.

• Supporters

Yeah, I replace empties in mag pouches during the walk of shame/luls; sometimes reload them from a speedloader too, especially if i'm out of breath and need to take a moment. But in the meantime, a drop leg dump pouch is secure, no matter what, whereas an open top pouch isn't - only gravity keeps anything in it. I rarely end up with more than a couple of mags in mine, but having the capacity is still useful. Maybe it's just me, but I get really angry with myself for losing things - I manage to break enough stuff while skirmishing without having to pay for stuff from which I haven't even had the full use.

Having a massive pocket is a lot more handy than ordinary cargo pockets too. On the way out of the safe zone I stuff my loaded rifle and pistol mags in there with my gloves and, depending on what else i'm wearing on my head, sometimes my 1/2 face mask - which allows me to get my arse in gear while still smoking and/or not yet stuck a mint humbug in my gob (my preferred anti-dry mouth precaution). In game I have used them for mission relevant items and recently also for the innards of used Thunder B grenades. Yeah, I could have used pants pockets, but when I'm wearing gloves I find it sufficiently difficult to feel what I'm doing that it slows me down / requires me to look at what I'm doing.

Need a better pic mate!

Cant see the rig at all.

• Supporters

Yeah, try it with the window behind you instead of behind your kit!

Obviously inspired by the Dutch masters... or Caravaggio perhaps.

You should do a series of them for an exhibition, Monty.

L96 And Fruit

Madonna And Glock

Prometheus Outwits Eagle With Plate Carrier

• Supporters

Guernica With Nerf Darts

I just load other peoples dump pouches with carrots and dead animals during a quiet patch or something- allows you to laugh whilst they walk around unaware!

Corrected that comment for you mate!

Im late to the party, but whatever...

I'm still working with the GP-5 bag by my sholder, It's used to keep my lower mesh mask in while i dont need it.

if anyone's wondering, the camo i'm wearing is the Russian 'Ripple' camo (aka Ryab). i got it from here (Hyper link attached)

(before i forget, i need to get some kneepads)

0sZi92X.jpg

Knee pads are overrated if you ask me.. I play woodland and am constantly going prone or kneeling and I find some decent trousers are perfectly adequate.

Built in knee pads would be good as they're smaller and light weight but I find external ones just get in the way

i used to have a pair, but they got ripped off in a game. It helps me alot because the camo i use is VERY thin.