Load-Out / Loadout Picture topic

Nutster

My Galil arrived today :D

Here it is with my M83 vest, Maasai Knife, Portuguese Lizard camo shirt and pat 58 trousers

Sorry for the crap phone pic i'll get a better one tomorrow when there's light outside

1081788_10153057320715529_1359692676_n_zps5edffc18.jpg

• Supporters

Looking good, Nick. Does it take standard AK mags?

Looking good, Nick. Does it take standard AK mags?

Cheers as far as I know they do.. I'm looking for some AK74 mid caps to see

• Supporters

I can vouch for these and it's about the best deal going for new ones. Probably best to try a few of other peoples' to see if any don't work.

I don't really want to be buying from Hong Kong is I'm honest, I can get 5 of them for £55 or 4 for £45 etc

• Supporters

It says they're metal, but I don't think I've ever come across an AK 74 mag of that kind, that wasn't made of plastic.

Also, I'm not so sure Galils can take AK magazines.

It says they're metal, but I don't think I've ever come across an AK 74 mag of that kind, that wasn't made of plastic.

The ones linked are metal s they're AK47 mags, AK74 mags are plastic

IN real life Galils cant take AK mags but like in airsoft how an AK74 can take an AK47s mag and vice versa a Galil can also take an AK mag

Neu Belt Rig. yee

I need suspenders though,it's heavy when loaded.

ALICE utility pouch,Issued and used in Yugo conflict.2€

Not exactly sure,can anyone who knows mroe about ALICE confirm?

It's far too big to be a STANAG mag pouch,it can fit 7.62 mags though.

ALICE belt,issued and used in Yugo conflict. 15€

Soviet canteen and pouch,unused.7€

Soviet leather holster,used in Cechen War. 5€

Crap phone pic,got kies working.''yay''

z70sdyp.jpg

• Supporters

IN real life Galils cant take AK mags but like in airsoft how an AK74 can take an AK47s mag and vice versa a Galil can also take an AK mag

The ones linked are quite clearly AK74 magazines, and it's AK74 mags which are usually plastic - that's my point.

But it says they're in a metal housing.

The ones linked are quite clearly AK74 magazines, and it's AK74 mags which are usually plastic - that's my point.

Sorry getting links confused... I would be surprised if they were in a metal housing..

• Supporters

Sorry getting links confused... I would be surprised if they were in a metal housing..

They are plastic AK74 mags. I bought some. Dunno what they're on about re "All Metal Housing". I haven't actually taken any of 'em to bits, but the only metal I can see on the outside is a couple of tiny flaps that I spose are the other end of the spring.

Neu Belt Rig. yee

I need suspenders though,it's heavy when loaded.

ALICE utility pouch,Issued and used in Yugo conflict.2€

Not exactly sure,can anyone who knows mroe about ALICE confirm?

It's far too big to be a STANAG mag pouch,it can fit 7.62 mags though.

ALICE belt,issued and used in Yugo conflict. 15€

Soviet canteen and pouch,unused.7€

Soviet leather holster,used in Cechen War. 5€

Crap phone pic,got kies working.''yay''

It could be an M249 ammo pouch, does it look like it would take a box mag?

I think so,but with a lot of effort squeezing it in. I've searched google,and no US ALICE gear looks like it. Made of canvas and not nylon,maybe Vietnam era?

I'm guessing it a European pouch of some sort,looking at it again and filling it with things,it looks big enough to hold at least 3,maybe even 4 7.62 mags and 5 Stanags.

It has these odd webbing thingies,they use the exact same webbing type as my old belt.

ibHjJYK.jpg

P9ooq7k.jpg

Yep,you're absolutely right,found my pouch with a quick google search,it's a 58 water bottle pouch.

And I learned the Russians use Alice style webbing,it looks to be an LC2 belt without webbing holes and a standard H harness. I can go after this look

200801111433560.remplesiskhak.jpg

As for that pouch, if it can only hold 5, 5.56 mags then its not a Minimi pouch as its too small. It sounds like a water bottle pouch or other utility if you ask me

58 webbing did not have "utility" pouches. They were Kidney pouches. The pouch pictured is indeed a water bottle pouch.

I don't really care what kind of pouch it is really,I can jam a good few things in there,namely,some binoculars,a (broken) blank firing revolver and a folded up belt and I still managed to close it.

All I need it is for some speed loaders,BB bag,maybe a smoke grenade and two pistol mags. judging from the quality of the canvas it'll last a long time.

• Supporters

The buckle doesn't look like the 58 pattern stuff i've got. It looks more like Austrian Army buckles I've seen.

• Supporters

The water bottle pouch had a different fixing to the ammo and kidney pouches.

You're right Sam. Just checked mine. For some reason I'd misremembered UTJ's as having a brass buckle. Doh! :wacko: