good black sf assault vest

lil airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

to celebrate me getting a 551 at the weekend i have decided to revitalize my sf loadout and would like any suggestions for good vests as it was the only thing missing from my last loadout, or should i just get a drop leg pouch? you decide.

If you have a 551 then the mags may be a tad wide for m4 pouches, but any of these are cheap, work well and good vests for not a lot of dosh.

http://www.airsoftgames.com/viper-hong-kon...lack-p-490.html

http://www.airsoftgames.com/viper-saav-black-p-166.html

http://www.airsoftgames.com/viper-special-...lack-p-379.html

mags may be a bit tight in the last one

I have the viper LA SF vest, its good when you play on a hot day as it is thin and helps keep you cool.

But the mag pouches only really good for MP5's they are a bit too tight if you have M4 style mags.

• Supporters

I have the Viper LA SF vest too. I find the pouches are perfect for M4 mags - although the end two are difficult to put mags back into, so I use one for a speed loader and the other for some Allen keys, dead cloth and cleaning cloth (for goggles).

yeah, i use it for my MP5 only these days.

I just got a warrior MTP vest so it feels better plus i can have all 12 mags on me :)

Real cap FTW

@marksman

I got the Elite Ops DCS 5.56 DA multicam/mtp

@marksman.

its a good vest, the padding on the shoulder straps are rather comfie, ive spent some time putting weight on the vest to see if its still comfie with alot of weight on it, and well it is.

you can tell its well made, and if you are anything like me you'll spend hours trying to see how many mag pouches you can stack on top of each other before it starts to look stupid.

although wont lie i could do with lossing some of my christmas gut. looking forward to testing it out in the field next year in a skirmish though.

its going to be part of my future warrior set up so only hard part now is to paint my flight helmet MTP :S

@OP

these light weight vests such as the viper are all and good, but i like being able to swap in and out pouches that i want, so id say go for a black modular vest or something.

you can tell its well made, and if you are anything like me you'll spend hours trying to see how many mag pouches you can stack on top of each other before it starts to look stupid.

I decided any more then two on my RICAS was quite front heavy but I might pop a grenade pounch on the front as well

• Supporters

Just as a note, Warrior don't make anything in MTP, it's all purely Multicam. Official Crye Precision materials at that, which is why I'm always impressed with the low prices UK Tactical charge for a lot of their gear, the DCS especially is an absolute bargain. I'm almost tempted to buy another one... heh.

which is why I'm always impressed with the low prices UK Tactical charge for a lot fot heir gear,

their A-TACS is also very cheap, will be getting some trousers from there in the new year

MTP and multicam is basicaly the same thing there is only a subtle differnce between the two. its just the british army and their obsession with taking one thing then renaming it just to be cool like that

• Supporters

I wouldn't say it's 'the same thing', personally. When you strip it down to basics, any camo is made up of 2 parts: The actual shapes of the pattern, and the colour palette applied to those shapes.

MTP uses the same colour palette as MC, but the pattern itself is extremely close to DPM, just with a few extra little splodges daubed on. Obviously at a glance they look very similar indeed, so I am just being nit-picky here, but really they're only about ~50-60% alike.

Edit: I'll take a proper side-by-side comparison photo when I get home in a day or two, that'll help to illustrate.

• Supporters

Op Tactical in the US, but the stuff UK tac have is the exact same 'Propper' kit as mine.

There's one or two other brands making BDUs in A-TACs now if you want something different, there's a couple of UBACS around, different cuts of the uniform etc. www.ur-tactical.com do the best uniforms for my money, certainly trousers wise. Obviously, not cheap, but depends what you're after, as the Propper stuff is very heavy and not at all suited to playing in the height of the summer (which isn't exactly great, because it's a very bright desert pattern).

I've never been too bothered by heavy stuff, I have a full RICAS anyways :)

The uktac stuff is the cheapest i've seen and with post from ur-tac its not really worth it, also only getting the trousers and boonie not the jacket

Archived