New Airsofter, Choosing a Gun

NovaStriker
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey all, New to airsofting, only been playing it with a few friends in some woods far away from public ;)

My first gun was a Famas springer gun which is fun for a first gun. And now I have the Crosman C11 Gas pistol which I really do enjoy.

Now I'm going to buy my first AEG, it will have to be 2-toned as I havn't been to any airsoft sites yet so no Ukara.

Within the next 6 months I will hopefully have gone 3 times so I can get Ukara and get a none 2-tone gun but currently I'm in need of an AEG.

So cut this short...

I will be buying my gun I think from JustBBGuns as I havn't had a problem with them at all.

Its a choice of 2 I think.

SR36C PRO G36 AEG Clicky

or

SRC SR4. Clicky

I have read that alot of people think their guns suck, but these arnt them £40 AEG's which break due to cheap plastic internals :P

Any help would be greatly appreciated wether it is good or bad.

(reason I am getting it from there is because I have 20% off code :lol: )

Ok, where to start:

1: to buy a RIF you need to be over 18, and have a valid defence, be it airsoft skirmisher or reenactor (UKARA is a retail group and site membership is normally registered with the ukara organisation allowing you to buy RIF's)

2: to buy a IF (2 tone) you need to be over 18.

3: If you are over 18 then you may as well skirmish 3 times at a professional site and get your membership and hence UKARA allowing you to buy a RIF. Most sites do rental packages which are about £20 extra for gun and kit hire. Means you don't end up with a bright orange gun.

4: I appreciate you have a voucher, but JBBG are considered to be rubbish to be honest. If you want to purchase an IF then I would recommend either

http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/2-Tone-Airs...nal_B22C47.aspx action hobbies or

zero one who will 2 tone for free

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=5645

Action hobbies stock the 2 tone SRC range, of which the gen3's are quite good for the money.

Now this is a quite reasonable response, I await with baited breath to see what some of the other JBBG haters have to say.

just bbguns are complete and utter tosh!! avoid like the plague although they do have a couple of semi decent two tone gas pistols that are ok(ish) for a skirmish. and i admit i was stupid and brought my first gun from her went to a skirmish and got absolutely battered so went to wolf armouries and brought a classic army m15a4 sportline does the job. but now its going thought upgrades and i have brought a tm famas as a stop gap and thats good too.

justbbs also have a 3 shot shotgun that i have my eye on but duno if its worth a risk lol

also ur crosmann c11 if its the co2 gun im thinking of its too powerful for use on site as it is 400fps

hope this helps

Thank you for all your input so far, good or bad it is appreciated.

I do agree with many of you that JBBG do sell a load of crappy guns, Anything under £130 mark on AEGS will be a waste of time

Many other sites i've seen do sell a couple of the SRC guns just in green instead of the orange, and I have read about SRC's gearboxes being quite reliable.

I will take a look at them websites you guys mentioned to see what goodies they have. Got until January to decide so got a good few weeks :)

Why not rent a gun from your local site, play 3 times in 2 months then you will have your UKARA membership. I dont get why softers buy a crappy 2-tone from a useless retailer, eg Justbbguns.

Dont waste money on a gun that will probably break. Just wait and get UKARA and then the world is your oyster (as they say)

Also, buy a gun thats known for quality and reliability like G&P, TM and Ares.

TWO-TONES RUIN THE SPORT!

Your parents could buy an RIF and have the shop spray it 2 tone which would be easier to remove when you get your 3 meets under your belt.

when i bought my aeg I was determined not to buy an m4 but i ended up with one due to the sheer versatility of the design.

As for JBBG....go to a proper airsoft shop like Land Warrior, Fire-Support, Airsoft World, Wolf Armouries or the like of.

Your parents could buy an RIF and have the shop spray it 2 tone which would be easier to remove when you get your 3 meets under your belt.

when i bought my aeg I was determined not to buy an m4 but i ended up with one due to the sheer versatility of the design.

As for JBBG....go to a proper airsoft shop like Land Warrior, Fire-Support, Airsoft World, Wolf Armouries or the like of.

Im 26 and don't live with Parents.

I work as a chef and it is very difficult to get sat or sun off to be able to get my 3 meets/2months+ that is why I dont mind spending £150-200 on a 2-tone, Then 6months down the line when I should have my Ukara, to get an RIF.

I may end up going to zerooneairsoft, get it sprayed and then when I get my Ukara, just clear the colour off it. That way, the cash I woulda spent on a standard 2-tone, I could use to get other gear, or upgrades for the gun :)

• Supporters

I would honestly advise you to rent for now.

Two-tones are generally a PITA to turn into RIFs; the paint they use is very hard to simply remove.

You seem clued up on the law, so I won't go into that (but if you do ever need to know anything, I'm pretty much the forum go-to guy, which I'm sure no-one will mind me saying).

If you're spreading it over six months, then you don't really gain much by buying a two tone, sure, you save about £60, but there's a fair chance that whatever you got first, you'd be sick of in six months, you'd sell it, at a loss of about £60 anyway, and then buy something else.

You'll say you won't, everyone does, I did, all my friends said the same too, but you will. My first AEG lasted two skirmishes, then it got traded for one which lasted six, then the next lasted one, then I had a few which didn't even make it out the back yard, following by a few which saw pretty good use for a year, then I had one which made it for two years because I was too poor to replace it and now I've got my L85, which is never going anywhere, I want to be buried with it.

First gun = what you get till you figure out you don't like what you got, so you get something else.

Im 26 and don't live with Parents.

I work as a chef and it is very difficult to get sat or sun off to be able to get my 3 meets/2months+ that is why I dont mind spending £150-200 on a 2-tone, Then 6months down the line when I should have my Ukara, to get an RIF.

I may end up going to zerooneairsoft, get it sprayed and then when I get my Ukara, just clear the colour off it. That way, the cash I woulda spent on a standard 2-tone, I could use to get other gear, or upgrades for the gun :)

26 even better lol

my m4 was sprayed up with what looks to be car spray paint from a well known airsoft shop and its easy to get off and it needs touching up.

I disagree with people that say rent.

If renting is £20 extra per game, you need to spend at least £60 before you can buy your own. Instead, buy something second hand and have it sprayed. When you get your UKARA, you can change painted parts/sand it down/spray it and keep it if you like it. If you don't like it, sell it for less than £60 loss and buy something else. You will be able to try out quite a range of weapons at your site if you ask people nicely:)

I actually enjoyed renting, as you get to try a variety of guns... plus you don't have to clean em :P

Archived