fps adjustment

ikarma70
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I thought I'd chrono my ICS m4 sportline that I recently acquired from a friend who decided to take up airsoft but decided he was just too old for it, this gun was bought brand new from a reputable dealer by my mate who wanted a skirmish ready gun.

The chrono results were averaging 370fps which is far too high for a skirmish ready AEG.......question....do I contact the shop and get them to supply a weaker spring or get my mate to see if he can or do I remove the spring and shorten it a little and if so how do I remove the spring?

ATB

Andy

ICS split gearbox's are a doddle to work on. There are lots of youtube guides, but to be honest if you are competent enough to do basic diy, then you can change an ICS spring. If you open the gun up, then the upper gearbox, containing the spring just slides out. If you put a m100 in then you will get about 350fps, if you put a m90 in then you will get about 330 fps

ICS split gearbox's are a doddle to work on. There are lots of youtube guides, but to be honest if you are competent enough to do basic diy, then you can change an ICS spring. If you open the gun up, then the upper gearbox, containing the spring just slides out. If you put a m100 in then you will get about 350fps, if you put a m90 in then you will get about 330 fps

i can strip and tune airguns with ease so an aeg shouldnt any issues, a method i use to drop power levels is to heat a spring end up and press it down a little to shorten the length.

I could ask for a swap for an m90(my fave site uses a 330fps limit on aeg's)that way i lose nothing...hopefully!

thanks for youtube link but sadly im on a limited dongle use so youtube is a no no :(

open up the gun and the whole upper gearbox will slide towards you.

place it on its side and remove the 5-7 black screws from around the edge

carefully prise the gearbox apart whole keeping your hand over the spring end (opposite of the black airnozzle stick out) as it will try to to decapitate you, smash the telly, kill the cat!

Pull out the spring, replace and reassemble making sure you don't leave any bits out.

You can snip the spring you have, maybe 1 coil, but not sure what fps it will give you

http://www.popularairsoft.com/reviews/ics-mx5-pro-a5-aeg scroll down and you will see the upper gearbox in the breakdown picture (m4 does not have the block on the back of it)

Only difficult bit is that there is a spring that needs to be connected correctly and can be a tad fidly, but not overly so.

http://uk.images.search.yahoo.com/images/v...mp;fr=yfp-t-702 another piccy of it disaseembled

Archived