Paint removal help

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

I need to un-RIFicate my M4 for the buyer I have for it, as they aren't UKARA registered.

Is there a recommended, best way to do this? I was thinking of just getting some cheap paint remover and rubbing it with a rag...

Thing is, it used to be green when it began life but then it got painted black. So will getting the black paint off, without also removing the original factory coat of green, even be possible?

If it turns out I'll have to remove all the paint it has, can someone link me to some paint I can use to two tone it again that won't just rub off?

Thanks.

• Supporters

Erm its KWA Dave and their receivers are metal i dunno if you just put a little bit on and test its either gonna not come off or its gonna be like whizzing in the sea warm and not what you were supposed to do

and i posted that stock part's age's ago Ed best of counting as a loss as i only posted first class.

• Supporters

Ah ok then, that's a shame, thanks for sending them all the same.

I'll try the fairy idea and see what happens, but as Craig said, it's a metal receiver painted green in the factory.

if the parts are plastic then thats shouldn't be an issue but if you do have to paint just do the handguard and stock as thats 50%

• Supporters

It was receiver and stock before though, I'd feel like I was ruining a perfectly good hand guard if I two toned it there.

Plus, then the entire gun would have a crap layer of paint all over it, since the stock and receiver have been previously painted black.

I'll give it a rub with some power spray and see what happens.

• AF-UK Founding Member

Rub all the bits down you want to be toned and just see what happens. If it goes back to green, great, if not your just going to have to spray it as various shops do. You'll be one step ahead on prep since it will be rubbed down and clean.

Make sure you have the payment and that the buyer understands it will be some time to turn it into an IF and deliver, before you go about changing it!

• Supporters

It's all organised with the buyer, I'm going to try and make it a nice tidy Chirstmas present for them, cheers everyone.

Archived